Mac Jones to the Jags

1710183381345.png

Think one step deeper.

Mac failing would include him being gone. Kraft made him keep him and likely made Bill start him.

Last edited:
Post Brady the offensive coaching and personnel decisions were from bizzaro world. There is no rational explanation for it I can think of.
I refuse to believe any of it was done to sabotage the team or any specific player. Fact remains the whole god forsaken era has been stupidly frustrating.

Post Brady the offensive coaching and personnel decisions were from bizzaro world. There is no rational explanation for it I can think of.
I refuse to believe any of it was done to sabotage the team or any specific player. Fact remains the whole god forsaken era has been stupidly frustrating.
Yup

That's true with any rookie QB. He showed great potential that year and with proper coaching and decent weapons who knows where he could have ended up. Brady had a terrible start to his second season in 2002 losing 4 straight at one point. There is an ebb and flow to a QBs career especially the first 3 years and Bill short circuited him in year 2 ...
“Great potential”?

Eh.
He showed solid potential. Had two great games, the rest was definitely “game manager”. Hell, McDaniels didn’t trust him to throw at all in that game against the Bills.

In three seasons, I think Mac threw for 300+ yards 4-5 times.
His TD-INT was meh.

“Great potential”?

Eh.
He showed solid potential. Had two great games, the rest was definitely “game manager”. Hell, McDaniels didn’t trust him to throw at all in that game against the Bills.

In three seasons, I think Mac threw for 300+ yards 4-5 times.
His TD-INT was meh.
5 times, in 42 starts. 2-3 record in those games.

48TD 38 INT, 'meh' would be a vast improvement. That's almost 1970s backup numbers.
24:23 the last 2 years, 10:12 last year. That is 1970s backup numbers.

One thing I won't miss is all his haters...
Don't kid yourself. Regardless of what happens in Jacksonville, the haters will beat their chest until proven wrong. Even then, they'll come up with excuses. Now, if Mac, given a fair chance, sucks elsewhere I'll be the first one on here to admit I was wrong.

At some point we will find out what happened between Mac and Bill or even Mac and the staff. The Mac disaster was very likely Malcolm Butler 2.0 on steroids in my opinion.

Who "hates" him? Many fans thought he was a shit QB and not the future for the Patriots, that's not hate.
i do think some dislike his public persona for sure (when it comes to people i don't know personally,i try not to say "know" ,"like" "dislike" them because we don't know anything except what they present publicly). that said,i think most people feel as you said. i certainly don't wish ill upon him but think he needed to move on.

Don't kid yourself. Regardless of what happens in Jacksonville, the haters will beat their chest until proven wrong. Even then, they'll come up with excuses. Now, if Mac, given a fair chance, sucks elsewhere I'll be the first one on here to admit I was wrong.

At some point we will find out what happened between Mac and Bill or even Mac and the staff. The Mac disaster was very likely Malcolm Butler 2.0 on steroids in my opinion.

I really don't think it was personal to Bill. It may have become personal to Mac but only if he is in self-denial. His poor performance and attitude had a lot to do with his downfall here.

Mac began year 1 showing good promise but he started flinching at shadows and ducking under pressure the last half of year 1. Bill knew he wasn't the right stuff for the NFL.
Bill wanted to trade him for a high 1st but Kraft said no. Bill played him yr 2 bc that's what Kraft wanted. Mac's bad tendencies intensified. He got injured, squealed down the stairs and
benched.
Year 3 we all thought BOB would right the ship. Mac's ducking and flinching and poor play got worse and worse. Bill benched him for his poor play. Simple, to me anyway.
Kraft got pissed at 4 wins. Kraft blames Bill and fires him. But Kraft's new FO knows Mac's poor performance and lack of courage was on Mac. Now Mac is gone, too. Good luck to Mac!

Last edited:
I really don't think it was personal to Bill. It may have become personal to Mac but only if he is in self-denial. His poor performance and attitude had a lot to do with his downfall here.

Mac began year 1 showing good promise but he started flinching at shadows and ducking under pressure the last half of year 1. Bill knew he wasn't the right stuff for the NFL.
Bill wanted to trade him for a high 1st but Kraft said no. Bill played him yr 2 bc that's what Kraft wanted. Mac's bad tendencies intensified. He got injured, squealed down the stairs and
benched.
Year 3 we all thought BOB would right the ship. Mac's ducking and flinching and poor play got worse and worse. Bill benched him for his poor play. Simple, to me anyway.
Kraft got pissed at 4 wins. Kraft blames Bill and fires him. But Kraft's new FO knows Mac's poor performance and lack of courage was on Mac. Now Mac is gone, too. Good luck to Mac!
now that i think about it,this pisses me off. if bb wanted to trade him after year 1 AND 2 and he "had final say",why wasn't he allowed to? and why would kraft act like bb did have final say when he fired him?? kraft wants it both ways. meddle on the dl while blaming bb. then he lets the new regime trade mac. wtf?????

now that i think about it,this pisses me off. if bb wanted to trade him after year 1 AND 2 and he "had final say",why wasn't he allowed to? and why would kraft act like bb did have final say when he fired him?? kraft wants it both ways. meddle on the dl while blaming bb. then he lets the new regime trade mac. wtf?????
Cheap Wessel

The irony is enlightening, isn't it? There will be many more "Aha!" moments coming up for a few years.

Lets pretend for a minute about what this 2024 team is shaping out to be. Lets say bill was still here and all the exact signings were happening. The BB haters would say Bill sucks he is just cheap and bringing back his own players. Well now bill is gone and the Pats are still cheap and Bringing back BB's players. Oh the irony!

Lets pretend for a minute about what this 2024 team is shaping out to be. Lets say bill was still here and all the exact signings were happening. The BB haters would say Bill sucks he is just cheap and bringing back his own players. Well now bill is gone and the Pats are still cheap and Bringing back BB's players. Oh the irony!

Pats' expected rankings in team cash spending via Over The Cap over the next 4 years are:

Cash spending:
2023 - 31st
2024 - 31st
2025 -32nd
2026 - 31st

Back