Mallet is gone

I agree. There are plenty of reasons "good prospects" don't develop into great players and Mallett is one of those "good prospects" whose development got stuck somewhere along the line. Worse mistakes have been made...it happens --> Ja'Marcus Russell, Akili Smith, Ryan Leaf, Matt Leinart, Matt Jones (another Ark. QB), and how about the Brady 6 just to name a few. BB will wish RM well, say goodbye and not look back.

OT, but on the mention of Leinart, my Schweetie was wondering yesterday about the general lack of success of USC QBs in the NFL (recent vintages), aside from Carson Palmer. [NOTE: She knew all their names, just didn't know how they ranked.]

So, I looked up career passer ratings. Palmer is first, of course (20th overall). Second is actually Cassel (53rd). Rodney Peete is a distant 3rd among USC QBs, and Sanchez is 4th, further down the list. Leinart and Barkley don't even make the top 200.

this is kind of revisionist history. On draft day, no one knew Grappollo would turn out to be the player he eventually became. In fact, in OTAs when Grappollo struggled, BB would have been pilloried had he traded Mallett.

We got three years backup duty from a third round pick, had a backup at a lot less than the cost of most NFL backups. Nothing wrong with that.

Bruce Allen ‏<s>@</s>bruceallen <small class="time"> 11h </small> Bought a spare tire three years ago. Never had to use it before traded in vehicle. FAIL of a purchase?

Add one more thing to the things I don't know.

I *thought* the Mallet trade would allow BB to put Aiken back on the roster.

I am not comfortable with Ninkovich as the long snapper.

Visions of Gronk on the extra point.

Add one more thing to the things I don't know.

I *thought* the Mallet trade would allow BB to put Aiken back on the roster.

I am not comfortable with Ninkovich as the long snapper.

Visions of Gronk on the extra point.

NE will have a LS by Sunday.

Unlike many QBs that started out high profile but never produced, Mallett was never a malcontent. Hell I don't recall him ever having a bad word for anyone while with the Patriots. He also was never given much of any playing time outside of preseason games.
In his time with the Patriots he threw 242 passes with 141 receptions all but 16 passes and 10 reception came in pre season games. In this preseason he went 26/14 That is hardly even a warm up. Not saying he could have been great but Matt Cassel went 34/19 in the 2008 pre season, then went 516/327 in the reg season. Mallett without question has a better arm than Cassel ever has. If the team had developed the O to fit him instead of Brady he may have developed better. ( Don't misread that. I am not in any way saying he was or ever could be anything close to Brady.)

Bruce Allen ‏<s>@</s>bruceallen <small class="time"> 11h </small> Bought a spare tire three years ago. Never had to use it before traded in vehicle. FAIL of a purchase?

Bought a spare tire three years ago. Never had to use it before we bought another spare tire. FAIL of a purchase?

Just a little more accurate, I think. That said, I really don't have any issue wight the way things turned out.

OT, but on the mention of Leinart, my Schweetie was wondering yesterday about the general lack of success of USC QBs in the NFL (recent vintages), aside from Carson Palmer. [NOTE: She knew all their names, just didn't know how they ranked.]

So, I looked up career passer ratings. Palmer is first, of course (20th overall). Second is actually Cassel (53rd). Rodney Peete is a distant 3rd among USC QBs, and Sanchez is 4th, further down the list. Leinart and Barkley don't even make the top 200.

Funny but Michigan State has been Quarterback U.... And Connor Cook is coming along nicely as well.

Bought a spare tire three years ago. Never had to use it before we bought another spare tire. FAIL of a purchase?

Just a little more accurate, I think. That said, I really don't have any issue wight the way things turned out.

Well, I can tell you that I am pissed that I haven't gotten anything from all the money I've put into my life insurance yet. :insane:

Well, I can tell you that I am pissed that I haven't gotten anything from all the money I've put into my life insurance yet. :insane:

Over your dead body, they'll pay. :coffee:

Cheers, BostonTim

The best QBs come from Stanford. Everyone knows this.

Stanford was one of the best for sure. MSU has produced 5
pros since 1991.

Jim Miller
Tony Banks
Drew Stanton
Brian Hoyer
Kirk Cousins

The best QBs come from Stanford. Everyone knows this.

tee_martin-1999.jpg

Likes this post.

I love the concept of life insurance:

me: I bet you I'm going to die.

Ins Co: I'll take that bet and give you 3000 to 1 odds that you won't die this month.

me: Okay, I'm in for $20 that I'll die in September. And if I live to October, I'll bet you another $20 against another $60,000 that I'l die that month.

Ins Co: Sounds good, just send us $20 a month and the bet will continue.

Back