Mallet is gone

Well, The Ryan Mallett Era is over. We made it to one Super Bowl and Two AFCCG's with him on the squad

Didn't that Super Bowl Count? What do you say 3 AFCCG's and a Super Bowl? Sounds like 4 years when you say it like that.

Mallet was here for three years. In those three years, the Patriots had 1-2 record in AFCCGs.

That looks like three AFC championship games to me.

Mallet was here for three years. In those three years, the Patriots had 1-2 record in AFCCGs.

That looks like three AFC championship games to me.

Let me insinuate myself into that which is none of my business.

It's a semantics thing and I grade you as both right. Pa obviously means that the Pat's went to the SB one year and to the afccg the other two years of RM's tenure (even if he didn't say it exactly that way). And as TR notes, that's a total of three AFCCGs. :shrug:

Cheers

This thread has begun to take on the stale air of one of those debates that continues way too long past last call.

I'm out.

One of you remember to turn out the lights before you leave?

This thread has begun to take on the stale air of one of those debates that continues way too long past last call.

I'm out.

Well ok, Mallett is gone.

[flips the light switch down]

I'm out.

That's my job. Breathe stale air on things.. :coffee:

Cheers :wink:

Mallett's NFL career is light on statistical accomplishment, but he has been practicing and working with an NFL franchise for the past three seasons.

What do they mean by "an NFL franchise"? Moar disrespect.

While it's too late in this thread to get wistful, I recall watching Mallett at Arkansas and what struck me is that he was a competitor whose team was often overmatched by top SEC teams, but there wasn't any quit in the kid and he beat some superior teams along the way.

I recall all the speculation that he was on crack during the 2011 draft and he seemed immature if not a full-blown weirdo when he spoke. His QB camp interview with Gruden was interesting and he did pretty well, I thought, but there was a sense that he was Eddie Haskelling the interview and he couldn't wait until it was over to relax, but he handled the technical stuff well. He wasn't dumb, he was just a little strange.

Any fears that he was a freak have been erased over the last 3 seasons-- not a single off-field issue and he seems to have grown up a lot and he remains a huge question mark with a huge arm and some major questions about his ability to make quick decisions and get the ball out of his hand in time to keep the chains moving.

He did what we asked him to do and I would like to see him have some success out in Houston because he can't be any worse than Fitzpatrick. I hope he beats him out and finds a place in the league. O'Brien passed on a lot of better prospects in the last draft and finally acquired Mallett at little cost and he should have the opportunity to play pretty soon after OB's experiment with Fitzpatrick flops. I'm going to say he'll start somewhere around mid-season and we'll see what happens.

Good luck, Ryan Mallett.

If the Pats waived Mallet wouldn't Houston have the first dibs?

And if true then supposedly someone else was offering a seventh round pick without the option for a sixth rounder? ?

Back