Marriage

Marriage,is it a waste of time and money??

• No

Votes: 28 65.1%
  • Yes

Votes: 15 34.9%

• Total voters
Jh on 10-18-2007 at 04:49 PM said:
Our kids will ask us why we were fighting the next morning. Like, they are sad we are going to divorce or something. How do we explain "Mom and Dad just like to get freak nasty on each other's ass, little Johnny". They'll get it one day and get totally even more scared by the truth, lol.

Just tell them
"Well kiddo, sometimes Mommy and Daddy just love each other too much. One day you'll understand, and it's definitely not a bad thing."

:thumb:

Brownfan80 on 10-18-2007 at 09:46 PM said:
Damn, that is... so hot.

Piss Off.....You have to always but in with your"That's Hot"

"Get Your Tits Out Love"

Im a ladies man,Look at me,Look at me:thumb:

WHATEVER

PS* on 10-18-2007 at 04:44 PM said:
okay, that may be the FUNNIEST DAMN THING I have ever read out here!

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Thanks PS. I had a rough day at work, so that little e-compliment actually brightened my day.

I'm an attention whore and I don't care who knows it.

Brownfan80 on 10-18-2007 at 01:51 PM said:
Just tell them
"Well kiddo, sometimes Mommy and Daddy just love each other too much. One day you'll understand, and it's definitely not a bad thing."

:thumb:

I might try that, actually. The 10 and 7 year olds I think get what sex is, and they know it's a beautiful thing for Moms and Dads to do, but actually explaining the why we get all bananas with it is the awkward part. But I like your explaination. Already thinking about your days as a Dad, eh?!

P4E* on 10-18-2007 at 04:51 PM said:
Piss Off.....You have to always but in with your"That's Hot"

"Get Your Tits Out Love"

Im a ladies man,Look at me,Look at me:thumb:

WHATEVER

:LOL: :LOL: ROFL ROFL

That actually made me laugh out loud. And not just the internet LOL, the actual real life one.

Jh on 10-18-2007 at 04:53 PM said:
I might try that, actually. The 10 and 7 year olds I think get what sex is, and they know it's a beautiful thing for Moms and Dads to do, but actually explaining the why we get all bananas with it is the awkward part. But I like your explaination. Already thinking about your days as a Dad, eh?!

Everyone around me either has kids or has one on the way, so yeah... I've learned how to censor myself to some degree.

Um, sorry to interrupt the clit piercing discussion, but.....

Marriage.... Waste of time.

What is marriage actually?

A religious or culture based concept.

Take the religion out of the equation, and the expectations, and the legal document, and all the other crap that comes along with the concept and you'd probably have a lot more people staying together in a relationship/family enviornment.

What should marriage be?

[sappy mode]

Wanting to spend the rest of your life with a person that you couldn't imagine going a day without them in your life. Wanting to call that one person before anyone else when something good or bad happens to you. Wanting to lay around the house in your pajamas with that one person watching stupid movies, eating popcorn, and making fun of the movie. Wanting to spend the day at the beach, or a sporting event, or even someplace you can't stand, like the opera or something... Where ever it is, whether you like it or not, it's all good because you have fun just being with that one person. Wanting that one person to be the last person you see before you go to bed and the first person you see when you wake up. The one person you'd want to help you create a child through your love, if you so desire to have children. Someone you can fun with, yet is there to support you in times of trouble, just like you're there for them. There for each other in good times and bad, sickness and health, for richer for poorer...

[/sappy mode]

If you have all that then why should you need a piece of paper from a judge or clergy member to officially declare you "married".

If you're legally living with someone then that should cover any insurance, health, or anyother type of benefits.

I think a lot of problems arise in marriages, that weren't there before the "I Do"s. And these new problems aren't because of any change or event, other than actually being legally binded to each other, where you weren't before. That little piece of paper has a hell of an effect on some people.

So I say, get rid of it.

10 years married, 15 years together... so far so good.

There's a lot of hard work involved but don't forget that there's a lot of luck involved too. It's not just about finding the right person at that time... if the two people don't grow in the same direction they are doomed to split.

What's the point? For me it's a bond of comitment and trust that adds to my experience here on this journey. We have spawned two wonderful children from this experience and it has helped the two of us grow as a couple and as individuals. There is no doubt in my mind that I would not have climbed so far in life without her at my side.

mgoblue101415 on 10-18-2007 at 01:56 PM said:
If you're legally living with someone then that should cover any insurance, health, or anyother type of benefits.

We looked into it a million different ways and the only way they would have added me onto his insurance, even though we were together for 3 years at the time and I had his babies, was if we paid them $269 a month. Domestic Partnership my ass, maybe that's their way of being prejudice against gay folks without acting like they are. I dunno.

But that's how it went for us here in sunny Ca.

Jh on 10-18-2007 at 10:01 PM said:
We looked into it a million different ways and the only way they would have added me onto his insurance, even though we were together for 3 years at the time and I had his babies, was if we paid them $269 a month. Domestic Partnership my ass, maybe that's their way of being prejudice against gay folks without acting like they are. I dunno.

There is just something really,really hot about you

mgoblue101415 on 10-18-2007 at 04:56 PM said:

[sappy mode]

Wanting to spend the rest of your life with a person that you couldn't imagine going a day without them in your life. Wanting to call that one person before anyone else when something good or bad happens to you. Wanting to lay around the house in your pajamas with that one person watching stupid movies, eating popcorn, and making fun of the movie. Wanting to spend the day at the beach, or a sporting event, or even someplace you can't stand, like the opera or something... Where ever it is, whether you like it or not, it's all good because you have fun just being with that one person. Wanting that one person to be the last person you see before you go to bed and the first person you see when you wake up. The one person you'd want to help you create a child through your love, if you so desire to have children. Someone you can fun with, yet is there to support you in times of trouble, just like you're there for them. There for each other in good times and bad, sickness and health, for richer for poorer...

[/sappy mode]

Wow, reading that was kind of like watching "Love Story". I've actually got tears in my eyes...

mgoblue101415 on 10-18-2007 at 04:56 PM said:
Um, sorry to interrupt the clit piercing discussion, but.....

Marriage.... Waste of time.

What is marriage actually?

A religious or culture based concept.

Take the religion out of the equation, and the expectations, and the legal document, and all the other crap that comes along with the concept and you'd probably have a lot more people staying together in a relationship/family enviornment.

What should marriage be?

[sappy mode]

...DELETED FOR OVERALL STICKY SWEETNESS...

[/sappy mode]

If you have all that then why should you need a piece of paper from a judge or clergy member to officially declare you "married".

I think a lot of problems arise in marriages, that weren't there before the "I Do"s. And these new problems aren't because of any change or event, other than actually being legally binded to each other, where you weren't before. That little piece of paper has a hell of an effect on some people.

So I say, get rid of it.

:jclap: :jclap: :jclap: Like You Said!

I missed all the hot talk on the way home from the office ;)

Jh on 10-18-2007 at 02:01 PM said:

Out here in the seattle area, the company I work for provides domestic partner benefits for unmarried people - if you've been together as a committed couple for a minimum of one year. If you do, then it's the same as for those who are married. That's becoming more common out here, and I think that's a good thing.

Of course, the state passed a "Domestic Partnership" bill that is only for homosexual couples, which allows people to have domestic partnerships recognized by the state, and allowing hospital access as "family", and all kinds of other benefits that duplicate marriage. However, it doesn't apply to heterosexual couples - which, I think is discriminatory against heterosexual couples who choose not to be married.

For whatever that's worth. Ah screw it, let's get back to talking about clit piercings.

:)

I've never done a lot of things....but I'm still entitled to my opinion......:cool:

P4E* on 10-18-2007 at 02:04 PM said:
There is just something really,really hot about you

Yeah, talking about health care benefits is teh sexy.

Claremonster on 10-18-2007 at 06:21 PM said:
Yes you are, and don't ever let anyone tell you otherwise :D

ah honey...don't worry, they won't.......ROFL

Back