Mayo HC

I listened to Curran tonight since he's so plugged in to Mayo. He said the FO bears the biggest burden to make this work since any future success from firing BB
lands directly on bringing in more talent where it's needed. He basically said Mayo can coach the players so it's not on him. Frankly, I'm not sure he'll cover all the
minutiae BB covered in prepping the team week to week as well as BB did. Nevertheless, Curran puts it all on the FO.
Built-in excuses already…sweet!

I listened to Curran tonight since he's so plugged in to Mayo. He said the FO bears the biggest burden to make this work since any future success from firing BB
lands directly on bringing in more talent where it's needed. He basically said Mayo can coach the players so it's not on him. Frankly, I'm not sure he'll cover all the
minutiae BB covered in prepping the team week to week as well as BB did. Nevertheless, Curran puts it all on the FO.
Well. yeah. we need fall guys for 2024, 2025 still.

Until this staff hires a trannie and an Eskimo midget, I am out. Not enough diversity.

We may not ever win a SB, but we will check all the correct boxes!
i heard rhoden this am on nfl sirius. all i will say is that the guy talks like today is the 1940's for minorities.

"After the news conference, I spoke briefly with Kraft. In the way of clarification, he said that he wanted to hire a Black man, wanted to make sure he got the right Black man for the job because he wanted him to be successful. Mayo was that person."

And they hired a woman to make sure he's doing all the right things. Why do I feel like they're trying to check a bunch of boxes vs trying to actually hire the right people for the job? The way they have cameras following Mayo all over the place makes it feel like a really low budget reality TV show.

"After the news conference, I spoke briefly with Kraft. In the way of clarification, he said that he wanted to hire a Black man, wanted to make sure he got the right Black man for the job because he wanted him to be successful. Mayo was that person."
this after saying during the presser that he "doesn't see color"...🤣🤣🤣

And they hired a woman to make sure he's doing all the right things. Why do I feel like they're trying to check a bunch of boxes vs trying to actually hire the right people for the job? The way they have cameras following Mayo all over the place makes it feel like a really low budget reality TV show.

Grandpa Hand Job is an attention whore and loves to get congratulated for his social awareness. Now that big bad Bill is gone, Kraft is free to seek accolades on his social justice wins thru the football team.

Great! We're the Red Sox now.

I was thinking last night how much awful press Kraft got from Bill's approach to the media. He was the cuddly cactus, snorting his way through every PC. I can see why hiring someone like Mayo who is a strong leader and already seems like a pro with the media was appealing to him. I really don't believe Kraft was checking some race card but once Mayo started to progress in his career and show he could lead men, it became obvious he would be the heir.

That's reassuring.

i'm putting this in my thread too,ty
I really don't get the pessimism. Mayo is a first time HC. They are not going to give him tons of rope so he can hang himself ...

If my baseline was to be elated that BB got fired, I wouldn't understand it either.
Would you rather Kraft hire one guy again to be the HC/GM again?

Back