Mayo HC

The NFL is a very good example of how wrong it is to just pass these huge organisations to your kids simply because of an accident of birth. It very rarely works and it naturally upsets people in the organisation because they will never just accept it's not nepotism. Now RKK will say and he stressed at the presser for Mayo that the Kraft businesses are private enterprises. He's correct and he can do whatever the hell he likes with his businesses. But it still doesn't make it the right business decision to just pass on your business to your kids and very often it can be the downfall of what the original founder/owner spent so hard to create.

You mean like these guys?
vde886ehluvvpxwowsld.png

cf9b7ae0-af03-11ee-87f9-89ee4dd6d063

i think it would be wise,if it is possible, for mayo to do what it is reported a. pierce is doing with coughlin/lewis and get a former hc on his staff. if the guy is willing to be advisor/assistant hc or wants to rehab his reputation to try to be a hc again (preferably the former), he could be a valuable resource for a VERY inexperienced new hc on the aspects of being a hc which are completely outside the realm of their past experience. knowing what you don't know is about as important as actual knowledge.

i think it would be wise,if it is possible, for mayo to do what it is reported a. pierce is doing with coughlin/lewis and get a former hc on his staff. if the guy is willing to be advisor/assistant hc or wants to rehab his reputation to try to be a hc again (preferably the former), he could be a valuable resource for a VERY inexperienced new hc on the aspects of being a hc which are completely outside the realm of their past experience. knowing what you don't know is about as important as actual knowledge.

As long as it's not Tony Fucking Dungy.

I think it's a dynamite idea.

The NFL is a very good example of how wrong it is to just pass these huge organisations to your kids simply because of an accident of birth. It very rarely works and it naturally upsets people in the organisation because they will never just accept it's not nepotism. Now RKK will say and he stressed at the presser for Mayo that the Kraft businesses are private enterprises. He's correct and he can do whatever the hell he likes with his businesses. But it still doesn't make it the right business decision to just pass on your business to your kids and very often it can be the downfall of what the original founder/owner spent so hard to create.
So what would think that they should do? Leave the team for probate to decide how to divide it up? Leave it to the church?
If I worked my entire life to become a billionaire and was lucky enough to be able to buy and own a sports franchise, I don't give a shit what "you" think, I've raised my kid and will give him what "I" think he deserves.

People need to stop telling other people what to do with what they have. Try working your ass off and become a billionaire and then you might have an idea of what you want to do with it when you die. You sure in hell ain't giving to a bunch of strangers. You sure in hell ain't giving' it to neighbor's kid. You're going to give it to your kids.

So what would think that they should do? Leave the team for probate to decide how to divide it up? Leave it to the church?
If I worked my entire life to become a billionaire and was lucky enough to be able to buy and own a sports franchise, I don't give a shit what "you" think, I've raised my kid and will give him what "I" think he deserves.

People need to stop telling other people what to do with what they have. Try working your ass off and become a billionaire and then you might have an idea of what you want to do with it when you die. You sure in hell ain't giving to a bunch of strangers. You sure in hell ain't giving' it to neighbor's kid. You're going to give it to your kids.
🍿

How about running it like a proper business to ensure it continues and has the best possible chance to ensure continued growth and success? Go public with it, earn a fortune from that and then happily divvy the cash out to your kids, walk away and let the team be run by professionals who get there on merit.

And nobody is telling anyone "what to do" so dry out your gusset.

How about running it like a proper business to ensure it continues and has the best possible chance to ensure continued growth and success? Go public with it, earn a fortune from that and then happily divvy the cash out to your kids, walk away and let the team be run by professionals who get there on merit.

ok first of all,i am dying to know what a gusset is and why its being wet is an issue...🤣
i get what you are saying. often very wealthy people raise their kids not to want for anything so they are spoiled and useless twats.a smart businessperson who saw the twats as they really were and wants his/her business to thrive would do as you said. problem is,not a whole lot of people can look at their kids objectively. but they earn the right to waste/entrust their business on/to the shitty/good kids they raised.

ok first of all,i am dying to know what a gusset is and why its being wet is an issue...🤣
i get what you are saying. often very wealthy people raise their kids not to want for anything so they are spoiled and useless twats.a smart businessperson who saw the twats as they really were and wants his/her business to thrive would do as you said. problem is,not a whole lot of people can look at their kids objectively. but they earn the right to waste/entrust their business on/to the shitty/good kids they raised.

This is one of the dumbest things I've ever read. Go public with it? Earn a fortune? You do realize that owning a sports franchise is one of the ultimate billionaire status symbols, right? It's not about running an effective business, it's about being able to be part of the exclusive club. If you're able to own a franchise, you already have multi-generational stupid wealth. No one buys a professional sports franchise with the goal of "letting it be run by professionals who get there on merit." It's bought so that you can add a bunch of inches to your dick next to your billionaire friends who aren't in the club.

This is one of the dumbest things I've ever read. Go public with it? Earn a fortune? You do realize that owning a sports franchise is one of the ultimate billionaire status symbols, right? It's not about running an effective business, it's about being able to be part of the exclusive club. If you're able to own a franchise, you already have multi-generational stupid wealth. No one buys a professional sports franchise with the goal of "letting it be run by professionals who get there on merit." It's bought so that you can add a bunch of inches to your dick next to your billionaire friends who aren't in the club.

Thanks! :rofl:

Agree 100%. And Kraft is unique in that he did not inherit the Patriots. He bought it, albeit with his wife's money, but he made the Pats into what they became - the model franchise, achieving the best run in football history. He absolutely should leave it to his kids. Why on earth would he give it away to anyone else?

Agree 100%. And Kraft is unique in that he did not inherit the Patriots. He bought it, albeit with his wife's money, but he made the Pats into what they became - the model franchise, achieving the best run in football history. He absolutely should leave it to his kids. Why on earth would he give it away to anyone else?
Who was saying to give it away? People need to read what was actually written. I never said to hand it over like it's a charitable gift. I was pointing out the folly that occurs too often in handing the reins over to children and expecting the same success as a result. If the goal is to make the organisation even better and grow it and improve it, the answer could be taking the bold move and inviting a younger, talented partner in for instance, who had success in growing the brand and building value.

I get why it's very difficult when it's your kids. If the franchise is a status symbol, though, as MD says, and it's more of a plaything, then sure, hand it over to Junior.

But based on what we know, do people here really believe the franchise will be in better shape when Jonathan takes over? Based on what the likes of Chevvs has said from his contacts?

Back