Mayo HC

Who was saying to give it away? People need to read what was actually written. I never said to hand it over like it's a charitable gift. I was pointing out the folly that occurs too often in handing the reins over to children and expecting the same success as a result. If the goal is to make the organisation even better and grow it and improve it, the answer could be taking the bold move and inviting a younger, talented partner in for instance, who had success in growing the brand and building value.

I get why it's very difficult when it's your kids. If the franchise is a status symbol, though, as MD says, and it's more of a plaything, then sure, hand it over to Junior.

But based on what we know, do people here really believe the franchise will be in better shape when Jonathan takes over? Based on what the likes of Chevvs has said from his contacts?
Because who on earth would take a multi-billion franchise and not hand it over to their kids? Being successful is secondary to keeping the business in the family.

Because who on earth would take a multi-billion franchise and not hand it over to their kids? Being successful is secondary to keeping the business in the family.

Some don't go down that route...again, stop generalising.

Bill Gate has told his kids they are not inheriting his money etc and the list is long of people donating to other ventures over their kids. A quick Google search one will find quite a bit of the wealth is being put back into other ventures but the kids.

Elon stated he is not giving control of his company to his children

Some don't because their kids are screw ups. You are intimidating that NFL owners should do it to make the franchise more successful. My point is that amount of money you keep in the family. Winning is very much secondary to that IMO ....

Some don't because their kids are screw ups. You are intimidating that NFL owners should do it to make the franchise more successful. My point is that amount of money you keep in the family. Winning is very much secondary to that IMO ....
You see! There ya go!

were i steve,that would be my byebye moment. maybe he offered it to steve 1st and he turned it down though.

Steve wants to follow his dad if BB ends up in Atlanta. If not, Steve could stay with the Patriots in some capacity on defense.

Bill Gate has told his kids they are not inheriting his money etc and the list is long of people donating to other ventures over their kids. A quick Google search one will find quite a bit of the wealth is being put back into other ventures but the kids.

They have trusts for them. Don’t think they don’t.

We're not talking about traditional inheritance. We're talking about a status symbol and membership in a prestigious club. Don't confuse sports ownership with a business (in the traditional sense) because for modern day owners, this is not a traditional business. Ownership is a legacy and badge for the family, much different than even traditional assets potentially distributed in the estate of a wealthy person.

Steve wants to follow his dad if BB ends up in Atlanta. If not, Steve could stay with the Patriots in some capacity on defense.
I’m ok with Steve. Hope he stays.

How about Rex Ryan defensive coordinator, and Pete Carroll offensive coordinator? :coffee:

Back