merge:Stephen Neal to test free agency, UFC later?

And here's what it will probably take to retain him.

Amano's contract tops $25 million for five years

Posted by Michael David Smith on February 17, 2010 6:57 PM ET
On Monday the Tennessee Titans and guard Eugene Amano agreed to terms on a new contract, and today Amano signed that deal -- a deal that's valued at more than $25 million for five years.

Multiple reports say it's a five-year contract worth more than $25 million, with $10.5 million guaranteed, although there is a slight discrepancy on the total value of the deal. ESPN's Adam Schefter is reporting that Amano signed for five years and $26.25 million, while NFL Network's Jason La Canfora is reporting that it's a five-year, $25.7 million contract.

Amano will make $12 million in the first year of the contract and $18 million in the first three years of the deal.

La Canfora reports that Amano will receive a signing bonus of $7.25 million and base salaries of $5.265 million in 2010, $2.68 million in 2011, $3.18 million in 2012, $3.685 million in 2013 and $4.187 million in 2014.

Damn.

Crazy that some people will take a shitload of money to play for a horrible ass team. I like winning too much.

Good luck to him.

And here's what it will probably take to retain him.

Amano's contract tops $25 million for five years

Posted by Michael David Smith on February 17, 2010 6:57 PM ET
On Monday the Tennessee Titans and guard Eugene Amano agreed to terms on a new contract, and today Amano signed that deal -- a deal that's valued at more than $25 million for five years.

Multiple reports say it's a five-year contract worth more than $25 million, with $10.5 million guaranteed, although there is a slight discrepancy on the total value of the deal. ESPN's Adam Schefter is reporting that Amano signed for five years and $26.25 million, while NFL Network's Jason La Canfora is reporting that it's a five-year, $25.7 million contract.

Amano will make $12 million in the first year of the contract and $18 million in the first three years of the deal.

La Canfora reports that Amano will receive a signing bonus of $7.25 million and base salaries of $5.265 million in 2010, $2.68 million in 2011, $3.18 million in 2012, $3.685 million in 2013 and $4.187 million in 2014.

The money. He ain't worth that.

Somebody is gonna get a heckuva guard for 8-10 games/year - our offense was notably worse when Neal was out, from 2007 onward, if he doesn't land here, it will be a major blow. Of course, there is that bugaboo of his shoulder/knee/ankle/back/sternum/gall bladder/gazinktagazoink nagging injury...time will tell; if he stays healthy, he's a beast, if he's the guy we had the past couple years, I'm guessing they feel Connolly and the kids can hopefully step in.

Maybe we'll bring that wrestling beast back from t/c last year and plug him in ;)

<<
does blind side guard make more than the other one?
>>

I don't think so most of the time. The left tackles are always the ones singled out for big money. Sometimes the other players get it too but that seems based more on individual stats and general line success than being position related.

funny but only a couple weeks ago I read in a thread we fan should wished him well with Kazcur going to RG, Light to RG and Volmer to LT

now the pats can't afford to lose him

so which is it?

funny but only a couple weeks ago I read in a thread we fan should wished him well with Kazcur going to RG, Light to RG and Volmer to LT

now the pats can't afford to lose him

so which is it?

His best is in the rear view.

Too many injuries.

He was a very good project though.

Sporting News ranks him their #1 UFA Guard - not surprising.
no deserved...if healthy, big if

Somebody is gonna get a heckuva guard for 8-10 games/year - our offense was notably worse when Neal was out, from 2007 onward, if he doesn't land here, it will be a major blow. Of course, there is that bugaboo of his shoulder/knee/ankle/back/sternum/gall bladder/gazinktagazoink nagging injury...time will tell; if he stays healthy, he's a beast, if he's the guy we had the past couple years, I'm guessing they feel Connolly and the kids can hopefully step in.

Maybe we'll bring that wrestling beast back from t/c last year and plug him in ;)
see previous Kazcur post

His best is in the rear view.

Too many injuries.

He was a very good project though.
great find, amazing how well he did with minimal football experience

if Nick goes RG look for Volmer at RT for one more season of development into the world of Dante

You ever injured yours homie? Shit don't lie.
I blew out my gazinktagazoink in a raging game of naked backgammon twister when I was 30, fuggin shid never healed right. I still feel it when I reach for the terlet paper roll in the guest bathroom on account of the position and the fact that wifey likes the under-pull setup.

Mikie I think we'll see BB use one of the 2nds on an olineman this draft. They won't want to pay Neal the big bucks it will take to keep him and the team is in the middle of a youth movement.

<<
>>

Hell he had Belichick and Scar to coach him up. And the first two years he made an awful lot of mistakes IIRC, but after that he's been an excellent player much of the time.

Mikie I think we'll see BB use one of the 2nds on an olineman this draft. They won't want to pay Neal the big bucks it will take to keep him and the team is in the middle of a youth movement.
I concur...for the 2011 season
<<
>>

Hell he had Belichick and Scar to coach him up. And the first two years he made an awful lot of mistakes IIRC, but after that he's been an excellent player much of the time.
remember he started out at DL

one thing he played all out until the whistle blew, I remember a home game against Green Bay and a dropped pass (lateral) that he was the only Pats player going after the live ball...I think it was his 1st shoulder injury on that play

Back