MERGED - How is Gostkowski still on this team?

Tchis seaon he has missed 1 extra point and a few field goals.

In his 12 career he has made 633 of 640 extra point attempts and has made 364 of 416 field goal attempts.

This is definition of a good kicker. Adam is far below that.

I'll ask again. How many games has he actually lost for the Pats?

The inventor died going over a clif on his Segway. One of the most ironic of ironys. :party:

The inventor is still alive; the owner, that purchased the company from the inventor, died.

But to the matter at hand, I still trust Gostkowski. A lot of teams are having kicker issues. Finding a replacement kicker that would be better is difficult and a gamble.

The inventor is still alive; the owner, that purchased the company from the inventor, died.

But to the matter at hand, I still trust Gostkowski. A lot of teams are having kicker issues. Finding a replacement kicker that would be better is difficult and a gamble.

They apparently must be unicorns...

Time to look at the numbers here. According to the stat page on espn.com:

Gostkowski is 4th in the leage in extra points pct with 97,6 %(40/41). Matt Prater(DET) and Brandon McManus(DEN) are the only with a 100 %, but they have less attempts(25 and 32).

So missing extra points is hardly the problem. FGs is a different story tho.

Ghost is 21st in the league with 82,8 %(24/29). He is 18/18 up to 40yrd, but 4/6 from 40-49 and only 2-5 from 50+.

If Ghost has a problem in 2018, it's his long kicks. Long kicks is not a thing we should rely on to win games. That would indicate we have other and bigger issues, i.e. allowing 69yrd TDs with the clock running out.

Ghost needs some competition for that job next training camp. It is long past due. If he earns it, he earns it. Maybe not having to compete for a job has him losing focus.

How is he still on the team? Have you taken a look at the other kickers around the league? That's how.

Ghost needs some competition for that job next training camp. It is long past due. If he earns it, he earns it. Maybe not having to compete for a job has him losing focus.
I believe he had competition a couple years ago. I may be wrong. It might have been Ryan Allen.

Sent from my LGUS610 using Tapatalk

How is he still on the team? Have you taken a look at the other kickers around the league? That's how.

Good kickers are unicorns? Must be... :shrug_n:

---------- Post added at 10:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 AM ----------

I believe he had competition a couple years ago. I may be wrong. It might have been Ryan Allen.

Sent from my LGUS610 using Tapatalk

It was the punter. That guy is now on the Bills.

---------- Post added at 10:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 AM ----------

Are there any really good kickers in college that stand out?...and not afraid of cold weather?

Yet another f- up in the biggest of big games. Just like last year. Just like clockwork. Ugh. I'm happy he made the second one, and also that he didn't miss the point after kick, but come on. These missed kicks aren't some wild 60+ yarders. It was just a tick over 40. Should be a gimme. This freaking guy.

Yet another f- up in the biggest of big games. Just like last year. Just like clockwork. Ugh. I'm happy he made the second one, and also that he didn't miss the point after kick, but come on. These missed kicks aren't some wild 60+ yarders. It was just a tick over 40. Should be a gimme. This freaking guy.

He needs competition...no doubt.

He was good for 6 of the 13 pts. last night. Brady had an off season too 3 picks vs the chiefs and another one last night both of which came at critical times in the games so we should probably send them both down the road.

Plenty of Brady’s INTs were on poor throws, but man he must have set a new record for INTs off WR tips this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He was good for 6 of the 13 pts. last night. Brady had an off season too 3 picks vs the chiefs and another one last night both of which came at critical times in the games so we should probably send them both down the road.

Brady had 2 picks vs the chiefs, and last night it was his first pass, there were about 500 more critical times then that. Brady had an offseason yet it was his 6th best season in his career at 41. So there is that.

---------- Post added at 10:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 PM ----------

Plenty of Brady’s INTs were on poor throws, but man he must have set a new record for INTs off WR tips this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think there is a difference between a bad throw and a throw he shouldn't make. Last night was one he should not have made, but the defender really made a good move on the ball.

Brady had 2 picks vs the chiefs, and last night it was his first pass, there were about 500 more critical times then that. Brady had an offseason yet it was his 6th best season in his career at 41. So there is that.

---------- Post added at 10:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 PM ----------

QUOTE]

it was sarcasm.

Patriots playoff FG %

Gostkowski 88.6%
Vinatieri 76.5%

The missed XP in Denver was very costly but Gostkowski has been money for the most part.

Patriots playoff FG %

Gostkowski 88.6%
Vinatieri 76.5%

The missed XP in Denver was very costly but Gostkowski has been money for the most part.

It's amazing what people are either too young to remember, or too delusional with fake rage to forget. :coffee:

---------- Post added at 05:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:02 AM ----------

This isn't about Brady...unless he's the backup kicker.

Ghost needs competition...

Why?

"Hey kicker, come in stand around for two weeks and get cut because there's no fucking way we're cutting Gostkowski."

What purpose does that serve, other than wasting a roster spot?

Back