MERGED - Multiple Bombing at the Boston Marathon

The question for me is why wouldn't she talk to the FBI? Why use the lawyer as a mouthpiece if she didn't know anything?
Posted via Mobile Device

If we assume, for the sake of argument, that she's 100% innocent, and knew nothing about the bombing, I can envision a scenario where this would play out.

If you suddenly found out your husband had done this, and knew that most people were seriously pissed over it, then I can understand the hesitation to say any thing to the police until you talk to your lawyer. Heck, such hesitation is understandable in almost any set of circumstances where Jane Q Public is put under the magnifying glass and runs any level of risk of being charged with a crime, due to circumstances.

So I'm not surprised in the least if she said "I'm not saying anything until I talk to my lawyer".

Once she talked to her lawyer, I wouldn't be surprised in the least if he told her not to say anything, in fact I think it makes sense for him to say that.

Regardless of what she told him about what she knows or doesn't know, or what she did or didn't do, he needs to find out what the feds think they know and what they plan on doing.

If they have some sort of evidence that leads them to think she's guilty of something and/or plan to charge her with anything, then he should find that out before she says anything.

After all, her talking is one of the biggest bargaining chips he has. Presumably they want to talk to her badly. So her agreeing to speak is leverage. It makes no sense to give that away until you find out what you may need to bargain for.

That's negotiating 101.

It also makes perfect sense for the lawyer to talk to the press instead of the wife.

First, she's probably not in the best emotional state. Having a spokesperson speak for families who have suffered a tragedy is pretty common, simply because they often don't want to be subjected to the emotional trauma of speaking public about it. So if she is truly innocent, it could be similar to that.

Second, who knows how good she is at responding to questions and the badgering the press would likely hit her with. She could say something awkwardly that could be misinterpreted and simply make her situation worse.

Presumably a lawyer has more experience in public speaking and choosing his words carefully and would be better able to avoid this type of mistake.

Again, to be clear, I have no idea if she is guilty or innocent of anything. I'm simply pointing out why a perfectly innocent individual could behave this way and so such behavior does not say anything about her actual guilt or innocence.

In all fairness the photo released was of her leaving the (utterly filthy apartment) of the bombers.

Who took that?

When?

I'd be distancing myself from that particular environment as soon as humanly possible. Especially, if she was STUNNED and SHOCKED about the events in Boston.

That's just me.

:shrug:
Posted via Mobile Device

What ever became of the naked-man?

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qm5xfclUZs8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Actually radio is saying they're suspected of possibly removing incriminating materials from suspect #2s dorm.

Not bombs or hazardous to the public stuff.

Seems they've been under surveillance for the past 10 days.

Name them.

And shame them for life. Hopefully to the point they take their own.

Actually radio is saying they're suspected of possibly removing incriminating materials from suspect #2s dorm.

Not bombs or hazardous to the public stuff.

Seems they've been under surveillance for the past 10 days.

Name them.

And shame them for life. Hopefully to the point they take their own.
here are two

Dias Kadyrbayev and Azamat Tazhayakov, came to America from the Central Asian nation to study at the University of Massachusetts at Dartmouth

IF they had ANYTHING to do with helping these sh*tbags, they deserve alot of prison time IMO. If they knew right after this bombing and didn't turn them in I hope they rot in hell

here are two

Dias Kadyrbayev and Azamat Tazhayakov, came to America from the Central Asian nation to study at the University of Massachusetts at Dartmouth

Those are the easy ones. Students. Past their education visa approved timeline. Probably out of the country already.

Who's the 3rd?

Probably out of the country already.

They've been in custody over a week now. Think they were supposed to go before an immigration judge this morning.... and before the Federal judge this afternoon...

Not a good day for the lads..... :coffee:

Back