MERGED: OT- Best Movie Soundtrack

HelenaHandbsket on 11-21-2006 at 09:30 AM said:
And last but not least: Donnie Darko. Incredible remake of "Mad World" that they play full length through the credits. I believe the same remake is being used for some video game commercial right now (can't think of the game though).
yes but that whole tears for fears lyrics are some screwy things - they were into Prymal Therapy and the lyrics reflected it

HelenaHandbsket on 11-21-2006 at 09:30 AM said:
And last but not least: Donnie Darko. Incredible remake of "Mad World" that they play full length through the credits. I believe the same remake is being used for some video game commercial right now (can't think of the game though).

Gears of War. I don't think I've gone a day without seeing that commercial at least once. They show it ALL the time.

I'm partial the the three games to glory sound track
and three games to glory II and three games to glory III

but would love to hear three games to glory IV

B A Rabbit on 06-02-2005 at 03:28 PM said:
"Pump up the Volume"

My only complaint about Pump Up the Volume was that the Descendents song "Der Weinerschnitzel" was prominent in the movie, but nowhere on the soundtrack. WHY, OH, WHY?

Rockstar, great original late eighties style metal tracks, and like someone mentioned Maximum overdrive

Ocean's 11 is one of my faves, and High Fidelity.

And JUDGEMENT NIGHT!

In no particular order:

Pink Floyd The Wall
Dazed and Confused
Valley Girl
Kill Bill Vol. 1
Good Fellas
Koyanisquatsi
Walk the Line

[edit]How could I forget:

This is Spinal Tap

It's hardly anyone's genre but the soundtrack for O Brother Where Art Thou? is da bomb!

As was Purple Rain.

You can debate on the categorization of these next two being "soundtracks" because of the nature of the films but Rattle & Hum and This is Spinal Tap are also great.

SteelerFan87 on 11-21-2006 at 11:30 AM said:
Gears of War. I don't think I've gone a day without seeing that commercial at least once. They show it ALL the time.

TYVVM. Was really making me crazy trying to think of it. Yeah it's on a lot, but we DVR almost everything we watch, so we skip right over it.... unless it's football, then we're usually live & get imaptient during the commercials :D

Thomas144 on 11-21-2006 at 11:40 AM said:
The Rocky Horror Picture Show

:banghead: How could I have forgotten that one!!!!

TY for reminding us.... you are absolutely correct! (but you're used to that ;) ).

Goodfellas.

And of course star wars. The imperial march > all. There is no way you cannot listen to that and not feel like a bad ass. None

I left things like Chicago, Rocky Horror, and Grease off my list as they're more musicals than movies with soundtracks. They're among my favorites as musicals though.

BizarroAnnihilus on 06-02-2005 at 02:20 PM said:
Heavy Metal.

First one that came to mind.

So you're a fellow Veteran of a Thousand Psychic Wars, eh? :D First one I thought of too.

The Crow
Heavy metal
Any movie with soundtrack by James Horner or Eric Serra
I also really liked the Miami Vice soundtrack that came out with the movie recently. Got a real nice mixture with some modern music and old music (Nina Simone).

The Big Lebowski on 06-02-2005 at 02:07 PM said:
Star Wars.

Or Pulp Fiction.

Would it be gay if I mentioned Grease?

If so, ignore that sentence.

'The Crow'

'Singles'

...oh, and btw- Mrs. Sux says mentioning 'Grease' is UBER-GAY!

jaric on 11-21-2006 at 12:38 PM said:
Goodfellas.

And of course star wars. The imperial march > all. There is no way you cannot listen to that and not feel like a bad ass. None

Both of those are great too.

No brainer for me: Singles.

Other notables:

Judgement Night
Spawn
South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

Back