Merged - The Artist known as Prince is dead

Micheal Jackson, prince , Whitney Houston 3 of the greatest performers ever . All died of drug overdoses. Yet Ozzie & Keith Richards are still alive

The prescription deaths are becoming as common as the heroin ones. That's just an opiate too and if you add in Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Jim Morrison, John Belushi, Philip Seymour Hoffman - the talent loss is huge.

Micheal Jackson, prince , Whitney Houston 3 of the greatest performers ever . All died of drug overdoses. Yet Ozzie & Keith Richards are still alive

That's because Ozzie and Richards are not really human. :coffee:

Many doctors are quick to write scripts. I've received some after surgeries which I never filled because I didn't want to take them, nor did I need them, especially painkillers.

Opiates and overdosing - it's bound to happen.

In a nutshell, opiates are CNS depressants which depress all nervous system functions but breathing is especially sensitive to opiates. Overdosing occurs because over time the drug has less of the 'hit' the addict is looking for so his dose continues to go up over time. At some point the respiratory system can't take as much drug as the addict's brain 'needs' and respiratory paralysis results in death, an 'accidental overdose'.

Some people are extraordinarily sensitive to opiates and that poses a problem for prescription drugs. Anyone can 'overdose' on opioids although addicts are at much greater risk. It doesn't help that the street strength among batches of heroin so popular today can vary widely. It's a sad problem and these people need & most want help. I'm hopeful Gov. Walsh's new initiative will pay off. I have an employee, 26 yrs old, who has lost 9 of her HS classmates to overdose in the last 6 years. Her best friend died last Saturday. This is a devastating problem as I'm sure AWTE will tell you.

Opiates and overdosing - it's bound to happen.

In a nutshell, opiates are CNS depressants which depress all nervous system functions but breathing is especially sensitive to opiates. Overdosing occurs because over time the drug has less of the 'hit' the addict is looking for so his dose continues to go up over time. At some point the respiratory system can't take as much drug as the addict's brain 'needs' and respiratory paralysis results in death, an 'accidental overdose'.

Some people are extraordinarily sensitive to opiates and that poses a problem for prescription drugs. Anyone can 'overdose' on opioids although addicts are at much greater risk. It doesn't help that the street strength among batches of heroin so popular today can vary widely. It's a sad problem and these people need & most want help. I'm hopeful Gov. Walsh's new initiative will pay off. I have an employee, 26 yrs old, who has lost 9 of her HS classmates to overdose in the last 6 years. Her best friend died last Saturday. This is a devastating problem as I'm sure AWTE will tell you.
the are being given out too easily, I had surgery and took one the 1st night. I didn't need them after that, I can sit in a little pain. I was given 60 oxy, I took 1 and if I knew better I would have taken Tylenol instead of the one I took.

But I have high pain tolerance.

the are being given out too easily, I had surgery and took one the 1st night. I didn't need them after that, I can sit in a little pain. I was given 60 oxy, I took 1 and if I knew better I would have taken Tylenol instead of the one I took.

But I have high pain tolerance.

I have been given Pain meds. For my knee & my tight muscles in my back. I tell my doctor I only take them. When I need to if my back or knee flares up. She tell me more people should be doing that. So you body don't get used to them .

:crying::crying:

muhammad_ali_prince.jpg

Back