Merged - The Artist known as Prince is dead

I cannot even begin to comprehend how two incredibly genius musicians like Bowie and Prince could die at young ages and the Kardashians are all still here.

the feeling of many is once you have completed your task here on earth, God calls you up to Heaven. With Bowie and Prince the question is not why now, but why not years ago with all the music and influence they had.

The problem with the Kardashian's is when will God say "Enough is Enough" and just let Lucifer have them, my fear is even the Devil himself does not want to deal with the collection of shitstains and will never take them.

Dr. D - "I first met Prince in 1984 while he was filming the movie Purple Rain and he was already majorly addicted to opiates," said Dr D. "I didn't hook him on drugs he was already a really heavy user. In the beginning, he would buy speed [amphetamines] as well as Dilaudid [hydromorphone]."

also Prince ‘Awake 154 Hours’ Before Death

I've heard that's not how he died...

Dr. D - "I first met Prince in 1984 while he was filming the movie Purple Rain and he was already majorly addicted to opiates," said Dr D. "I didn't hook him on drugs he was already a really heavy user. In the beginning, he would buy speed [amphetamines] as well as Dilaudid [hydromorphone]."

also Prince ‘Awake 154 Hours’ Before Death

According to his brother-in-law he was up for 6 days straight but theres only 144 hours in six days:confused:

That being said your mind starts becoming impaired after a few nights. At some point he would be basically asleep with his eyes opened. Now if using something to cause insomnia …………………could have certainly been a contributing factor to his death.

~Dee~

An opinion/tribute article in my local paper yesterday, "'Electric Word Life': Prince, God, sex and saying goodbye"

Loved this:

One of those messages was from Brian Goslow, the preeminent authority of Worcester’s musical history, who told me the tale of one of Prince’s several visits to the city — 13 shows between the Centrum, the Aud and the Palladium — and of a “teen girl who worked at the sandwich shop across from the then Marriott and found herself making a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for the man himself. He asked if she was going to the show and when she said it wasn't an option for her, he took care of that. At the time, he was probably the biggest star on the planet — even more so with that kind of class.”

An opinion/tribute article in my local paper yesterday, "'Electric Word Life': Prince, God, sex and saying goodbye"

Loved this:
that is pretty cool, and if you look at the story of Prince, it is lacking much of the drama so many artist have. Sure he was against the man (the record labels) but who isn't?

I am only pointing out the negatives in hope that some kids sees it and decides - "screw it I am not even going to try that shit!"

I hope that's not why he died...

I was a rock guy when I was in school so openly i had to dislike Prince and his "gay" music but I must have still respected him and even dug his music a little because I would still watch the videos when no one else was around.

Now that this has happened it does make me sad because like him or not, he was good at what he did and it's bummer that he won't be able to do it anymore. He was a fabulous musician as well...

RIP Prince

that is pretty cool, and if you look at the story of Prince, it is lacking much of the drama so many artist have.
- "screw it I am not even going to try that shit!"

Probably staying in Minneapolis instead of trying to become part of the star machine in LA or NY helped with that. People often say how 80s music sucked, but there were some talented artists/groups that got big then that had their own styles - Prince, Talking Heads, Dire Straits, The English Beat.

Probably staying in Minneapolis instead of trying to become part of the star machine in LA or NY helped with that. People often say how 80s music sucked, but there were some talented artists/groups that got big then that had their own styles - Prince, Talking Heads, Dire Straits, The English Beat.

Plenty of great music hidden among the synthesized tunes

Back