Mike Shanahan AKA Grady Little

Mr. Happy Sock

I bring absolutely nothing to the table
Reaction score
Can someone give me a valid reason as to why RG3 should have actually stayed in the game? The whole world knew he was cooked. I can't think of a reason other than Shanahan not caring about his player's (And franchise's) health as much as getting the win.

Didn't he do that with Terrell Davis as well? He's just a ****ing heartless, soulless douche.

And looking at the bigger picture, was he really going to win 4 Games in a row like that? Pretty assenine.

Shanny is damn lucky the Skins have another great QB prospect on the roster in case they **** up RG3's career. Or maybe that's why Shanahan is so nonchalant about RG3's condition?

Absolute insanity.
Posted via Mobile Device

It's not hindsight either. RG3 was limping around prior to the knee caving and it was clear he wasn't right. And yeah, Shannahan kept Davis in the Super Bowl game even though he was blinded by a migraine at the time.

Here's a kid who works his ass off, had a historically great rookie season and single-handedly resurrected a billion-dollar plus business with the force of his personality and skill and this.....hatchet-faced ghoul puts the entire thing in jeopardy.

I sincerely hope the kid didn't cause irreversible damage to that knee trying to help his coach's resume.

One of the dumbest things I've ever seen in football. RG3 should have sat himself down, but it was really up to his coach to know he needed to come out.

Every dude on the NFL Network just said keeping RG3 in the game was the right call, because he had 'earned' the right to lead his team. Goes to show you just how blinded by idealism pro athletes can be.

It's not Shanahan's job to reward RG3's previous efforts or commitment to the team. It is his job to help the team win while ensuring his players remain safe and productive in future years. RG3's career depends on his ability to remain mobile and risking serious injuries to his knee is a ridiculous gamble. We all saw RG3 was limited and hobbled, and this clown says "He told me he was good to go." Really? Too bad it is your job as HC to have a ****ing independent thought once in a while.

There's no guarantee he will recover and be the same dude we saw a few months ago.

And even if the Skins won this game, just how much pain and destruction was RG3's knee expected to endure in pursuit of a championship?

Shanny. :donkeys:

Shame on you.

Cheers, BostonTim

I totally agree, MooseOTL.

The second that replay showed the knee bending the wrong way he should have been out of there for precautionary reasons. I'd say that came within 10 seconds of the injury and was instantly viewable by anybody with an interest in football.

No excuse is good enough. No rationalization is legitimate. They are all wrong.

Didn't he do that with Terrell Davis as well? He's just a ****ing heartless, soulless douche.

Yes . Davis had a bad migrane & could barely see at one point in the SB against GB. Shanny told him something like, we don't need you to see we just need you in there so they think we might run. Something along those lines.

This is just heartbreaking. I'm too scared to find our how bad RG3 is right now. Guess we wont know for a couple of days.

The fvcking Redskins owe that young man. He definitely pulled that franchise out of the shitter. Washington hasn't stepped up to their team in awhile. No need to. Finally some blood started pumping.

Everyone should go out and get an RG3 Jersey. From Baylor. Shannahan should be ashamed. His kid looked positively green when Cousins went in.
Posted via Mobile Device

Shannahan hasn't taken care of this kid from the get go regarding the knee injury. I saw this article the other day on ESPN. In a league at a time when the commish boast about player saftey shit like this goes on. Here is a link to the article.

http://www.complex.com/sports/2013/...-robert-griffin-iii-to-play-after-knee-injury

Very interesting. Shanny lied about Dr. Andrews clearing Griffin when he was never even examined prior to re-entering the week 14 game against the Ravens.

He completely invented a conversation that never took place and figured nobody in the press would notice. That is unreal.

I understand why everyone is blaming Shanahan, and to a point rightfully so, but where was the medical staff in all this? I thought I heard that the Medical Staff did not give RGIII permission to play but the coaching staff decided otherwise. Did the Coaching staff discuss this with the Medical Staff or not? Since the Medical staff was on the sidelines, I just wonder if the Medical Staff had a conversation with Shanahan once RGIII took the field.

I was actually screaming at the tv "GET HIM OUT!!!!" after that one run where he was limping as he ran. I told the spousal unit that it was DISGUSTING he left RGIII in there with that bad knee AND that horrible field that could twist it further when he ran. ALL players want to play, RGIII gets ZERO % of the blame from me for wanting to stay in. His running was nil, and his passing was affected. So no, he WAS NOT the "best chance to win" based on what his talents are. Cousins had already shown ability to help his team win earlier in the year. He should have been in there right after RGIII limp-ran to the left that one play, can't remember the quarter.

I understand why everyone is blaming Shanahan, and to a point rightfully so, but where was the medical staff in all this? I thought I heard that the Medical Staff did not give RGIII permission to play but the coaching staff decided otherwise. Did the Coaching staff discuss this with the Medical Staff or not? Since the Medical staff was on the sidelines, I just wonder if the Medical Staff had a conversation with Shanahan once RGIII took the field.

Dr. Andrews was standing behind Shanahan on the sidelines for most of the game.

I was actually screaming at the tv "GET HIM OUT!!!!" after that one run where he was limping as he ran. I told the spousal unit that it was DISGUSTING he left RGIII in there with that bad knee AND that horrible field that could twist it further when he ran. ALL players want to play, RGIII gets ZERO % of the blame from me for wanting to stay in. His running was nil, and his passing was affected. So no, he WAS NOT the "best chance to win" based on what his talents are. Cousins had already shown ability to help his team win earlier in the year. He should have been in there right after RGIII limp-ran to the left that one play, can't remember the quarter.

Ditto this.

When Griffin threw that interception to the left sideline I could tell he couldn't push off that leg. Ball was underthown by at least 5 yds. That's when I knew it was time to get him out. The Redskin's chances to do any damage with Griffin in the playoffs were about zero after the first quarter, with the way his knee was getting tweaked. Should have put in Cousins while the game was still winable. He might have gotten something going.

http://www.examiner.com/article/shanahan-even-worse-than-reid-mismanaging-his-fragile-quarterback

Shanahan even worse than Reid in mismanaging his fragile quarterback

31be10f7554bd7f65fd0a7d3291baabf.jpg

Shanahan sinks lower than Reid in failing to protect quarterback
Credits:
Rob Carr/Getty Images

The Philadelphia Eagles suffered when Andy Reid put too much trust in Michael Vick and mismanaged him. However, as incompetent as the Eagles often looked thanks to Reid and Vick, even they didn’t humiliate themselves like Mike Shanahan did when he misused Robert Griffin III on Jan. 6 in Washington.
Shanahan and the Washington Redskins are under intense fire, for leaving a limping Griffin in too long against the Seattle Seahawks in their wild card playoff game. Not only did it lead to the Redskins’ 24-14 loss, it led to Griffin hurting his knee again late in the fourth quarter.
LeSean McCoy already got sidelined for several weeks when he was hurt on FedEx Field’s questionable grass on Nov. 18. Back then, Reid was heavily criticized for leaving McCoy in that long in a meaningless game. In contrast, Shanahan left Griffin in too long in a very meaningful game that was still in doubt, but the outcome was even worse.
It appears that head coaches in the NFC East don’t know how to protect mobile but fragile quarterbacks. Reid’s great error was making Vick throw 40-50 times a game and not giving him a good offensive line, which crippled the Eagles for the last two seasons. But even he didn’t handle Vick as questionably, and perhaps as criminally, as Shanahan has handled Griffin in the last month.
A USA TODAY report came out before the Redskins-Seahawks game, shedding new light on when Griffin first hurt his knee on Dec. 9. After that hit, Shanahan left his quarterback in for a few more plays anyway, claiming he was cleared by team doctor James Andrews. Yet Andrews told USA TODAY that he never cleared Griffin and never got to examine him, and was “scared to death” of him playing again this season even before yesterday.
If these reports pan out, especially in the wake of this new injury, there is no reason in good conscience why the Redskins shouldn’t fire Shanahan immediately. And if Andrews’ claims are true, commissioner Roger Goodell may need to think about suspending Shanahan himself, if he really wants to tighten the standards for letting injured players play again.
The Eagles let Reid mismanage Vick to the point where both men, not to mention the franchise, suffered greatly. But the Redskins truly can’t afford to let Shanahan do the same to Griffin, if he hasn’t already.

The more I read/think about this, the angrier and sicker I get. Shanahan is deplorable.

Here's a kid who works his ass off, had a historically great rookie season and single-handedly resurrected a billion-dollar plus business with the force of his personality and skill and this.....hatchet-faced ghoul puts the entire thing in jeopardy.

I sincerely hope the kid didn't cause irreversible damage to that knee trying to help his coach's resume.

One of the dumbest things I've ever seen in football. RG3 should have sat himself down, but it was really up to his coach to know he needed to come out.

never, look at the Shit and threats made to Cutler when he did just that, sat himself because of fear of further injury and couldn't defend himself properly.

it was up to the Medical staff to say the knee was too loose to play without risking serious damage.

Shanny is Shait is true but he was cleared to play.

Back