NFL Draft Day 2 Rounds 2&3

There certainly are. If they had moved up and taken someone like Jordan Davis, I think the reception would've been universally positive.

I get what you're saying, but this is a somewhat strange choice. I hope they got it right.
No, I'm serious. No choice will EVER satisfy this fan base. EVER.

Well, the Steelers have been without a batshit insane WR for almost a year, I guess it was time.

George Pickens - UGA WR
what social media platform will be HIS undoing? :coffee:
was literally talking to a guy at work yesterday (browns fan) about the draft and was saying pitt knows how to draft wrs, but they are like grenades with the pin pulled. :rofl:

No, I'm serious. No choice will EVER satisfy this fan base. EVER.

What constitutes the fanbase? The people who post here? The fanbase at large?

Of course no single player will ever make everyone happy. Certain players would make more/fewer people happy relative to other players.

Satisfaction is a silly metric. What ultimately matters is whether the player ends up being productive which is TBD. The only meaningful discussion here is analyzing the players and projecting how likely they are to succeed.

Teams will definitely have to double him with a S on top. He's everything we've been hoping for in a fast, big target X receiver. No bitching about this wild WR pick that we've wanted since Moss. I just can't believe BB went so far out of character. What a change

Before everybody completely loses their minds, remember Buffalo collapsing on the short/middle. Now, let's see if they can do that with
a true burner outside the hashes.

This isn't the guy I envisioned, but he's about as fast as Christian Watson, is almost as tall and is a much more polished receiver with better hands.

The reason I was hot on Watson was exactly that. His presence would change the way people had defended us for years and help diversify the air game, but
it might take a while for Watson to develop his routes and hands.

IF Thornton (I'm going to have to get used to that) can get off press then he and Mac could be a lethal combo.

Speed kills and now we have some.

Welp. Could be Mankins and Moss. Could be Eugene Chung and Hart Lee Dykes.

They really should think about drafting some defense at some point.

Before everybody completely loses their minds, remember Buffalo collapsing on the short/middle. Now, let's see if they can do that with
a true burner outside the hashes.

This isn't the guy I envisioned, but he's about as fast as Christian Watson, is almost as tall and is a much more polished receiver with better hands.

The reason I was hot on Watson was exactly that. His presence would change the way people had defended us for years and help diversify the air game, but
it might take a while for Watson to develop his routes and hands.

IF Thornton (I'm going to have to get used to that) can get off press then he and Mac could be a lethal combo.

Speed kills and now we have some.
Brother from Another Mother. :coffee:

I have to think they're changing the offensive philosophy.

He's not a bad route-runner, but he doesn't look very good with throws "on" him, looks uncomfortable catching the ball with his arms once it's on top of him. He's a boundary/sideline/downfield guy (with some screens mixed in) and looks most comfortable when tracking the ball over his shoulder or catching the ball with his hands away from his body. It'd be monumentally stupid if they drafted this guy to play in the type of offense they've been running for the past two decades. He's not particularly well-rounded to my eye; opposite of someone like Metchie.

He looks like he could be good in a limited, defined role (which isn't usually how they use their WRs). Gotta think (hope?) the offense is changing to suit Jones' skillset, and part of that may involve more one-dimensional, downfield speedsters.

I don't really get the pick and it feels similar to previous WR picks, like Jackson/Johnson/Harry -- a guy with some unique skill/talent, but not a well-rounded/polished player to my eye. Maybe others see him as a more polished player -- I'll watch more and maybe change my opinion.

As always, I'll root like hell for the guy to be a successful player here. We'll see.

What constitutes the fanbase? The people who post here? The fanbase at large?

Of course no single player will ever make everyone happy. Certain players would make more/fewer people happy relative to other players.

Satisfaction is a silly metric. What ultimately matters is whether the player ends up being productive which is TBD. The only meaningful discussion here is analyzing the players and projecting how likely they are to succeed.
Thanks for asking the question, it's an absolutely legitimate one. My sense of what constitutes the Patriots fan base includes those who post on message boards and or express opinions on other outlets verbally or in writing. If your point in asking the question is to suggest that there is a "silent majority" out there who have opinions which never get publicity expressed, well, yes that's true. But, in the absence of knowing how they all feel, I can only assess based upon those who do express publicly. And, to me, the vast majority of that group thinks every pick sucks.

Back