NFL files 59 page brief appealing deflategate

How about this Gem from Troy Vincent in response to the Johnny Manziel incident.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...uspend-johnny-manziel-according-gm-ray-farmer

Vincent said the fact that no charges were filed does not factor into any possible league discipline.

"It doesn't matter," Vincent said. "That's one of the things that we learned [from the Ray Rice situation]. We have our investigators that are experts in the area of domestic violence, sexual assault and child abuse. We work with local authorities, but we're not leaving it as we have done in the past, years past.

"We now do our own independent [investigation]. One of the things that we learned and was recommended that we do is we have in-house people who are experts in that particular field that will conduct the independent investigation."

Do these D'Bags understand the meaning of independent?

I'm thinking there's no coincidence this dropped yesterday on a Pats short week when we're slamming teams into oblivion.

The best part of it all is that Roger analogized Tom Brady's intentional, premeditated murder of footballs to the 1919 Black Sox mob scourge.

Because the similarities are uncanny.

:coffee:

Just think about that for a minute. The league was warned ahead of time. Although the league under "oath," and according to the, Wells Report never took this, serious, cheating, integrity of the game. liken to the 1919 Black Sox scandal, claim seriously, they never bother to warned NE. Not only did they never warn NE they allowed the first half of the AFC championship game to be played knowing full well that some very very serious cheating could be going on. Cheating so awful that it's right up there with throwing a World Series game and they allowed to happen. Who actually was throwing the gamed? Integrity my arse. Not to mention the Colts themselves told the league they should check at some point DURING the game. Hum maybe the Colts were the ones throwing the game:coffee:

~Dee~

I'm thinking there's no coincidence this dropped yesterday on a Pats short week when we're slamming teams into oblivion.

The best part of it all is that Roger analogized Tom Brady's intentional, premeditated murder of footballs to the 1919 Black Sox mob scourge.

Because the similarities are uncanny.

:coffee:

Oh Roger... you big dummy.

The season is - SO FAR - playing out very well for Brady. Think of how lovely it would be if the league has to hand him an MVP trophy and/or a Lombardi, just months after the ridiculous accusations that came out of his appeal with Goodell. Even the media is now just shaking their heads at the level Brady's playing at right now, and with the cleanest footballs in the history of the sport.

Yet there are still morons out there who think that two-tenths of a PSI make a difference, even worst-case.

Go Pats. :patriotlogo:

Suck it Felger.
I don't listen to Felger, so I don't know what you're talking about.

But, if he's saying that our owner has decided to stick his head in the sand and pretend that none of this has even happened and kiss and make up with Goodell, it appears he's absolutely right.

I feel like these people that keep saying that Kraft's going to do something to or about Goodell over this just haven't been paying attention.

I don't listen to Felger, so I don't know what you're talking about.

But, if he's saying that our owner has decided to stick his head in the sand and pretend that none of this has even happened and kiss and make up with Goodell, it appears he's absolutely right.

I feel like these people that keep saying that Kraft's going to do something to or about Goodell over this just haven't been paying attention.

Just a joke. Quoting an old Shawn Thornton line. :toast:

On a serious-er note, I have very little doubt that Bob Kraft will do what he thinks is best for the long-term health of his football team and the league that it plays in, because it's made him a shitload of money.

But, at the same time, do you think he's really going to just forget that it all happened?

Taking up a charge with other owners to have Goodell terminated right now would be asinine. He would not get the support he would need from the rest of the owners. And in the public/media's eye, he would look like a petulant billionaire who was Goodell's best bud until the crosshairs were on his team.

Fighting the penalties would, similarly, be a waste of time. I don't care about the money but would love to see the draft picks restored, but in all honesty, it doesn't bother me much. They've taken away picks before and the Patriots continue to find other ways to build their roster and win.

The smarter play would be to just reintegrate himself into the role of influential owner, and to bide his time. I don't know Bob Kraft personally of course, but you don't accomplish what he's accomplished in life without knowing a thing or two about strategy, when to stand down, when to take off the gloves, etc. I love the passion of our fan base, but some people don't seem to understand that there is a reason the phrase, "keep your friends close, and your enemies closer" exists.

On a serious-er note, I have very little doubt that Bob Kraft will do what he thinks is best for the long-term health of his football team and the league that it plays in, because it's made him a shitload of money.

You've go that in the wrong order. Clearly the league is more important than the team to him. You've got his motivation right, though.

But, at the same time, do you think he's really going to just forget that it all happened?

Apparently he's doing his best to do that even as we speak.

Taking up a charge with other owners to have Goodell terminated right now would be asinine. He would not get the support he would need from the rest of the owners. And in the public/media's eye, he would look like a petulant billionaire who was Goodell's best bud until the crosshairs were on his team.

God forbid the media/public/other billionaires think that! Never mind that he looks like a traitor to his team, coaches, players and fans, he wouldn't want those others to think ill of him.

Fighting the penalties would, similarly, be a waste of time. I don't care about the money but would love to see the draft picks restored, but in all honesty, it doesn't bother me much. They've taken away picks before and the Patriots continue to find other ways to build their roster and win.

As futile as it would have been, he should have exhausted every avenue. Not doing so created the impression that he really doesn't believe in the team's innocence at all, but is just blowing smoke up the fans asses to try to limit the exodus. Every coach, player, and fan deserved better than that cop out.

The smarter play would be to just reintegrate himself into the role of influential owner, and to bide his time. I don't know Bob Kraft personally of course, but you don't accomplish what he's accomplished in life without knowing a thing or two about strategy, when to stand down, when to take off the gloves, etc. I love the passion of our fan base, but some people don't seem to understand that there is a reason the phrase, "keep your friends close, and your enemies closer" exists.

Influential owner? His "influence" saddled us with a pathological liar, a psychopathic megalomaniac, in charge of the integrity of the league and a front office filled with snakes in the highest positions who all have personal agendas against us. God help us if he uses his "influence" any further!

Those same people are all still in position to do this to us again, and have every incentive to, as well. And he has done nothing except give them hugs and give a vague admonishment to some unnamed "lawyers".

If he cared about the people involved with his team, the players, coaches, and fans, he'd STILL be fighting this witch hunt tooth and nail. Resign from every committee. Attend only mandatory meetings. Abstain from all votes, except those where he can directly oppose Goodell's wishes. All contact with Goodell through attorneys only.

I wonder if some will just never get over it and always find a way to bring it up with Kraft no matter what. I hate what happened but what are you going to do? The NFL is a business and crappy things happen a lot. I do think in hindsight Kraft would have love to have a do over but he can't so best to try to do the best he can now. Alienating himself from Goodell and the owners will be just silly. And really the best revenge so far has been this season with the way Pats have been playing, in particular TFB who this whole thing was about and the absolute dumpster fires that are the Colts and Ravens. I mean really, Kraft could not have asked for a better start to this season. :patriotlogo:

He won't forget it like you won't forget the first time you asked a girl to dance and she said no.

It's not a pleasant memory, but it doesn't change a thing you'll do today, tomorrow, or ever. And if that woman is still in your life, like your boss or your kid's third grade teacher, your interactions with her will not be antagonistic - they will be whatever is in your best interest right now.

Ditto for Kraft.

Without deflategate, Kraft made decisions based on which would make him the most money in the long run.

With deflategate, Kraft will make decisions based on which would make him the most money in the long run.

(This isn't bad, without that attitude he'd never have made enough money to buy the Pats and we might have some yahoo for an owner.)

Kraft will do nothing that will affect the financial health of his team or personal empire, same as always.

Oh Roger... you big dummy.

The season is - SO FAR - playing out very well for Brady. Think of how lovely it would be if the league has to hand him an MVP trophy and/or a Lombardi, just months after the ridiculous accusations that came out of his appeal with Goodell. Even the media is now just shaking their heads at the level Brady's playing at right now, and with the cleanest footballs in the history of the sport.

Yet there are still morons out there who think that two-tenths of a PSI make a difference, even worst-case.

Go Pats. :patriotlogo:

They are right here in our midst....

Just think about that for a minute. The league was warned ahead of time. Although the league under "oath," and according to the, Wells Report never took this, serious, cheating, integrity of the game. liken to the 1919 Black Sox scandal, claim seriously, they never bother to warned NE. Not only did they never warn NE they allowed the first half of the AFC championship game to be played knowing full well that some very very serious cheating could be going on. Cheating so awful that it's right up there with throwing a World Series game and they allowed to happen. Who actually was throwing the gamed? Integrity my arse. Not to mention the Colts themselves told the league they should check at some point DURING the game. Hum maybe the Colts were the ones throwing the game:coffee:

~Dee~

I'd LOVE to hear it better yet watch Berman put Goodell on the stand and walk him thru this and watch Rog try and avoid the pitfalls in this minefield.

At this point I'd prefer a league win. I know TB wouldn't. But here's why:

Back to Berman.
Ok, nfl. I tried my hardest to play nice. I warned 1 party was not gonna like what I thought, and tried my best to make it apparent in the court room. I tried to give you a chance to maintain composure and dignity and find a suitable resolution.

Now?

The gloves are off. I'm knocking you out. Making you look the fool that you are.

Step 1?

Full disclosure of the Wells Report notes.

Step 2?

Subpoena Colts, Ravens, and ALL NFL officials phone and email records. Allow the defense as much time as needed in discovery.

We're playing hardball now f'ers.

Goodell gets on the stand and Berman, fully versed in all the minutiae, asks Rog to walk him through the full course of events leading up to and including the AFC Championship Game and the half assed executed sting.

Get your popcorn.

My estimation of Robert Kraft has degraded during this whole fiasco. I mean, maybe I'm missing something here ... maybe he called Tom Brady into his office, and said "Tom, look me in the eye and tell me you had nothing to do with football tampering," and Tom just couldn't do that. If that's the case, then Kraft may in fact be following an "Executive Strategy" that is above my current pay grade.

However, if Kraft truly believed that Tom Brady was innocent, he should have fought all penalties, including the fine and loss of draft picks, a whole lot harder, instead of following a policy of appeasement.

Not to compare Goodell to an infamous megalomaniac dictator, or anything. :coffee:

Back