NFL files 59 page brief appealing deflategate

I wonder if Troy Vincent is still singing the "the NFLPA costs the league millions of dollars when they waste time suing us" song. Now that they've hired three more attorneys, one of them being one of the best attorneys in the country to argue before higher courts, their hourly legal costs are somewhere around $6,000, and possibly higher.

An. Hour.

<small class="time">"This is about the rights we negotiated in 2011, the rights for us to have the authority to discipline players. This isn't about one player or one incident." Goodell
https://twitter.com/BenVolin/status/658994156128358400 </small> To repeat, <s>#</s>BradyAppeal is now about NFL owners vs. NFLPA, not Brady and ball deflation http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2015/10/26/jets-were-patriots-first-worthy-opponent/6M3mRggwAdsiy7RFsGmUCL/story.html?p1=Article_Recommended_ArticleText …

While this may be true the decision doesn't impact the players association, it impacts an individual.

So, if I have this correct, the league appeals to the 2nd Circuit. If the league loses its over. If the league wins it goes back to Bermans court.

If that is the case I hope EVERYTHING is made public to rub the leagues face in it, especially the Wells notes. I want Berman to re-address the issues he ruled already on, and DO NOT leave any item not ruled on.

All Brady has to do is win 1 item point argued I thought.

How do they ever get past due notice?

So, if I have this correct, the league appeals to the 2nd Circuit. If the league loses its over. If the league wins it goes back to Bermans court.

If that is the case I hope EVERYTHING is made public to rub the leagues face in it, especially the Wells notes. I want Berman to re-address the issues he ruled already on, and DO NOT leave any item not ruled on.

All Brady has to do is win 1 item point argued I thought.

How do they ever get past due notice?

The league can try to get the Supreme Court to hear it if they lose but chances are great that the SC would deny the petition as it has nothing to do with the constitution.

I believe you are right about point 2. The best the league can hope for is that the second circuit sends it back to Berman as there is slim to no chance that they overrule him completely given only 8 percent of his rulings are every over turned and this one has no gaping holes whatsoever. It was a lock down ruling based on precedent and civil law.

I wonder if Troy Vincent is still singing the "the NFLPA costs the league millions of dollars when they waste time suing us" song. Now that they've hired three more attorneys, one of them being one of the best attorneys in the country to argue before higher courts, their hourly legal costs are somewhere around $6,000, and possibly higher.

An. Hour.

You're forgetting to apply the "Double Standard Rule," where Vincent only means what he said if the proverbial shoe is on the metaphoric other foot.

I'm actually wondering if Brady's tour-de-force this season is going to impact this at all. Playing with indisputably "clean" footballs, he's never looked better, and is the clear-cut MVP at this point in the season.

After Brady wins in court (again), I hope the Krafts decide to dedicate a small section of their Hall to this topic, mocking all teams and individuals who participated, and ultimately failed, in derailing Brady and the Patriots.

You're forgetting to apply the "Double Standard Rule," where Vincent only means what he said if the proverbial shoe is on the metaphoric other foot.

I'm actually wondering if Brady's tour-de-force this season is going to impact this at all. Playing with indisputably "clean" footballs, he's never looked better, and is the clear-cut MVP at this point in the season.

I'm thinking there's no coincidence this dropped yesterday on a Pats short week when we're slamming teams into oblivion.

The best part of it all is that Roger analogized Tom Brady's intentional, premeditated murder of footballs to the 1919 Black Sox mob scourge.

Because the similarities are uncanny.

:coffee:

I hope Goodell gets accidentally run over by an Abrams tank, and then Russian smart bomb hits his dying corpse during a salute to the veterans ceremony at your local football game.

I am thinking yes because Berman even said during the court proceedings to Nash that Brady played better in the second half of the AFCCG with the inflated balls. So he was looking at from a competitive standpoint and trying to get the PED comparison.

Now you have Brady playing arguable the best football of his life and clear league MVP and this appeal looks even more absurd if that is possible. They actually compared it to the Black Sox scandal. I mean really? Good heavens, the further they go the more they dig themselves deeper and deeper.

I'm thinking there's no coincidence this dropped yesterday on a Pats short week when we're slamming teams into oblivion.

The best part of it all is that Roger analogized Tom Brady's intentional, premeditated murder of footballs to the 1919 Black Sox mob scourge.

Because the similarities are uncanny.

:coffee:

tumblr_m9hz3jDLGQ1rra86mo1_1280.jpg

I'm watching the Mike & Mike from this morning (DVRed) where ole Rog is scheduled to come on. I'll let you know what other idiotic, arrogant, patronizing statements he has about this.

There's a lot of stupid stuff in yesterday's brief, including maintaining a lie about the PSI of the Colts balls being within regulation, but I think the part of what I like best is that they are harping on Brady saying he likes a deflated ball in a WEEI interview several years ago. This might be the stupidest thing I've ever heard of.

So they are simultaneously arguing these completely incongruent things:

1 - That Tom Brady made publicly known his preference for a deflated ball on WEEI, since cheaters really like to talk about their cheating candidly.
2 - That Brady, meanwhile, privately was circumventing the rules to play with a deflated ball.
3 - That the ball boys couldn't possibly deflate the balls without Brady's knowledge, because why would they think he'd like a deflated ball?

inception-arthurparadoxpushoffstaircase.gif

After Brady wins in court (again), I hope the Krafts decide to dedicate a small section of their Hall to this topic, mocking all teams and individuals who participated, and ultimately failed, in derailing Brady and the Patriots.
ROFL

Ha ha! Good one.

So Rog...
-refused to answer their question if he'd ever appear in Gillette again, deflecting it by talking about his traveling to London this weekend. ROFL

-maintained that "we are talking about NFL RULES not law, clearly setting up his belief that NFL RULES>>>>>the actual, you know, laws. ROFL

I hope that the NFLPA response is written by Kessler, and that he doesn't feel as if he has to abide by Judge Berman's "The earth is already sufficiently scorched" policy.

So Rog...
-refused to answer their question if he'd ever appear in Gillette again, deflecting it by talking about his traveling to London this weekend. ROFL

-maintained that "we are talking about NFL RULES not law, clearly setting up his belief that NFL RULES>>>>>the actual, you know, laws. ROFL

I hope Kraft threatened to pull security if Goodell ever shows up at Gillette.

I hope Goodell gets accidentally run over by an Abrams tank, and then Russian smart bomb hits his dying corpse during a salute to the veterans ceremony at your local football game.

However he meets his untimely demise, I hope Jonathan Kraft buys his corpse and has it bronzed and set at the stadium face down so people can park their bikes in his ass crack for eternity. :moss:

Back