NFL files 59 page brief appealing deflategate

Roberto71

Reaction score
First in the salvos fired. Nothing will happen for a time, but Goodell is just making himself look more and more dumb withe act passing day...

NFL files 59-page brief appealing Deflategate ruling in federal court

by Dan Wilkins Oct 26, 10:23 PM

Deflategate isn't a thing of the past just yet.

The NFL filed a 59-page brief Monday to begin a federal appeal of the U.S. District Court decision to overturn Tom Brady's four-game suspension early last month.

As expected, the league is contesting that Judge Richard Berman "vastly exceeded" his authority and that there was "significant evidence" linking Brady to the deflation scheme in question, according to Michael McCann of Sports Illustrated.

It's unlikely that anything will come of the appeal in the near future, but the opening brief is the first step in what may be the NFL's last opportunity to have the New England Patriots quaterback's initial punishment upheld.

Brady was cleared to play this season when Judge Berman concluded Sept. 3 that the penalties imposed upon him suffered from "several significant legal deficiencies."

He had to I thought.

Or else this claim they filed would have merit.

I can't understand them appealing something that didn't take place.

Dear NFL, your case is about as limp as Peyton Mannings arm.... give it up.

Oh. And by the way?

I don't want to hear this sh*t.

Cheers, BostonTim

Oh Miami!

Send a bouquet to Rog.

Just in case TFBs anger had calmed at all at the near midpoint. Thanks for the spurs Rog.

Doosh.

Let me get this straight. The NFL filed with the federal court in NY for a confirmation
on their own appeal ruling to keep the case in the NY district. Then Brady appeals to the federal court and the court throws out the suspension. Now these Cretans want the 2nd circuit to throw out judge Bremans decision because they claim he didn't use the correct law to base his decision. These are the same fvckers that told Anderson that he could have been confused on which gage he used to measure the balls with pregame.
now that's INTEGRITY!

Let me get this straight. The NFL filed with the federal court in NY for a confirmation
on their own appeal ruling to keep the case in the NY district. Then Brady appeals to the federal court and the court throws out the suspension. Now these Cretans want the 2nd circuit to throw out judge Bremans decision because they claim he didn't use the correct law to base his decision. These are the same fvckers that told Anderson that he could have been confused on which gage he used to measure the balls with pregame.
now that's INTEGRITY!

These are the same people who have lost control of referees bad calls and given the suspensions with pay. ROFL The NFL has lost it's mind

Indeed he did. And I was pissed.

Cheers, BostonTim

He had to I thought.

Or else this claim they filed would have merit.

I can't understand them appealing something that didn't take place.

I'm guessing the league is arguing that they punished Brady based on his being uncooperative not his guilt in the scheme but they have the evidence he was involved. So therefore the rule they claim the equipment violation was directed against the Pats, Brady was obstructing the investigation. Clearly an intregity offense. Well according to the league anyway. Third revision of the reasoning behind the punishment lol.

~Dee~

This is Goodell white whale . I. I hope they request wells notes on the investigation. Federal judge saw this was a power trip by commish. How poorly he handled it

now that's INTEGRITY!
Dear Mr. NFLfan,

Spell-check can be a good thing sometimes. It can keep you from appearing to be a cretin.

Thank you,

The indigenous people of an island in the Mediterranean near Greece.

:D

By the time the NFL writes it's SCOTUS appeal Tom Brady will be responsible for the assassination of JFK, male pattern baldness and the wars in the Middle East.

Don't forget the man boobs also. Oh yeah specially those nipple pierced hairy man boobs.:coffee:

<small class="time">"This is about the rights we negotiated in 2011, the rights for us to have the authority to discipline players. This isn't about one player or one incident." Goodell
https://twitter.com/BenVolin/status/658994156128358400 </small> To repeat, <s>#</s>BradyAppeal is now about NFL owners vs. NFLPA, not Brady and ball deflation http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2015/10/26/jets-were-patriots-first-worthy-opponent/6M3mRggwAdsiy7RFsGmUCL/story.html?p1=Article_Recommended_ArticleText …

Back