NFL is Actually Worse Than WWE...

I agree. I don't believe in some big conspiracy. I think it's more about incompetence. In the Bills game, the ref lost track of the ball (thanks Rex), and the ref decides to blow the play dead.

At the end of that game, the Bills got screwed by some ref who doesn't know the difference between college and NFL rules, for stopping the clock when the player goes out of bounds untouched.

It's incompetence, plain and simple. The league should be ashamed of the product they are putting out right now.

but Goodell makes teh owners teh moneys...

I agree. I don't believe in some big conspiracy. I think it's more about incompetence. In the Bills game, the ref lost track of the ball (thanks Rex), and the ref decides to blow the play dead.

At the end of that game, the Bills got screwed by some ref who doesn't know the difference between college and NFL rules, for stopping the clock when the player goes out of bounds untouched.

It's incompetence, plain and simple. The league should be ashamed of the product they are putting out right now.

I disagree.

If it were incompetence it would swing BOTH ways. The OPI stuff against NE is flagrant, one sided, and flat out wrong.

I disagree.

If it were incompetence it would swing BOTH ways. The OPI stuff against NE is flagrant, one sided, and flat out wrong.
I DO not mind if it is both ways and you know what is a penalty. you learn and play within that games rule calling. This seemed like it was a one way flagfest, that is what bugs me.

and the Pats should/could have won the game despite the officiating with the making of one or two plays out of the 4-6 I saw them fail at during key situations.

"Shame" and "integrity" are both in the 'WTF is that?' bin in the NFL FO.

I think that the NFL went after the Pats ever since the Spygate BS...

Brady had reason to be pissed according to this article on Yahoo Sports by Eric Edholm of Shutdown Corner. He analyzed every play and found plenty to talk about including a couple not mentioned by posters here. He thought only 1 call against the Pats was legit and the rest were bogus or simply should not have been called. He also found a few against the Broncos that didn't get called but should have been.

Quote:
<table border="0" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset"> it was hard to watch Sunday night's game as a neutral observer and not question some dubious calls — and non-calls — in the game and wonder what might have been had things been refereed differently by Tony Corrente's crew. </td> </tr> </tbody></table>
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...195509616.html

How many bogus calls did he find that the Broncos were flagged for?

Bullshit.

You act as if the Patriots have never been screwed out of a game because of a call before.

That's lame-ass sour grapes shit.

The fact of the matter is, the Patriots are usually among the best in penalties because they're better and more disciplined. They're also not usually in a position to allow a referee's call (or series of calls) to determine the outcome of a game. You know, because they're good.

Normally, outside of the first couple hours of a loss, you don't hear a lot of excuse-making about referee's calls here. Because, you know what, despite it all, the players on the field determine the outcome.

And you can say the same about Sunday Night. Harper catches the punt, that game is ****ing over, and everyone knows it.

The reason it's coming up is because it was so egregious.

But "The Patriots get all the calls"? **** you. Seriously. That's the loser-est of loser's lament, and is just either ignorance or willful blindness.

The 2005 Divisional Round Playoff game vs. Denver, the 2006 AFC Championship game, and that awful home loss to Arizona in 2012 are just 3 example off the top of my head where one could genuinely claim the refs screwed the Patriots out of a game. I don't, but you could make legitimate claims in all three. So don't tell me it doesn't happen.

You lost to Jacksonville because your team sucks. You lost to the Patriots twice because your team sucks. The referees played no role in the outcome of either of those games. It's just easier for you and Buffalo fans to believe that the league is out to get Buffalo, because that's the path Rex leads you down - even though the truth is, the league couldn't give two shits about Buffalo.

Miss the point much?

You can't make this stuff up. First the article:

Pete Morelli’s crew yanked from Week 13 Sunday night game
Posted by Mike Florio on December 1, 2015, 9:52 AM EST

DENVER, CO - SEPTEMBER 30: After dispensing no additional discipline beyond the grading process in response to multiple errors made by the officials during the Week 11 Monday night game, the NFL has decided to take action in response to mistakes made during one of the two late-afternoon games from the twelfth Sunday of the regular season.

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, the NFL has removed referee Pete Morelli’s crew from the Colts-Steelers game to be played on Sunday night. Morelli’s crew has been reassigned to another game.

It’s the third time this season the NFL has taken specific action in response to officiating errors. Side judge Rob Vernatchi was suspended with pay after a clock error in the Steelers-Chargers Monday night game, and back judge Greg Wilson was assigned away from a Sunday night game between the Colts and Patriots after missing the illegal bat at the end of the Lions-Seahawks game.

UPDATE 10:20 a.m. ET: An earlier version of this item explained that Morelli’s crew had been reassigned from the Monday night game between Dallas and Washington. The crew had been assigned to work the Sunday night game between the Colts and Steelers, which actually will have a significantly larger audience given that it will be televised on a broadcast network, not cable.

Now the punchline................

:rimshot:

The NFL has since announced that the Morelli crew will work the Pats-Eagles game.

:facepalm: :facepalm:

The NFL has since announced that the Morelli crew will work the Pats-Eagles game.

this crew is compliant to the NFL front Office wishes of giving the high hard one to the Pats. Brilliant move, they are out of the SB race as Officials so tell them pork the Pats and you get a wildcard game.

this crew is compliant to the NFL front Office wishes of giving the high hard one to the Pats. Brilliant move, they are out of the SB race as Officials so tell them pork the Pats and you get a wildcard game.

The players should start wiping out the refs if the same BS happens again. Starting with the head ref first.

Pete Morelli’s crew yanked from Week 13 Sunday night game
Posted by Mike Florio on December 1, 2015, 9:52 AM EST

DENVER, CO - SEPTEMBER 30: After dispensing no additional discipline beyond the grading process in response to multiple errors made by the officials during the Week 11 Monday night game, the NFL has decided to take action in response to mistakes made during one of the two late-afternoon games from the twelfth Sunday of the regular season.

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, the NFL has removed referee Pete Morelli’s crew from the Colts-Steelers game to be played on Sunday night. Morelli’s crew has been reassigned to another game.

It’s the third time this season the NFL has taken specific action in response to officiating errors. Side judge Rob Vernatchi was suspended with pay after a clock error in the Steelers-Chargers Monday night game, and back judge Greg Wilson was assigned away from a Sunday night game between the Colts and Patriots after missing the illegal bat at the end of the Lions-Seahawks game.

UPDATE 10:20 a.m. ET: An earlier version of this item explained that Morelli’s crew had been reassigned from the Monday night game between Dallas and Washington. The crew had been assigned to work the Sunday night game between the Colts and Steelers, which actually will have a significantly larger audience given that it will be televised on a broadcast network, not cable.

So to punish them for their incompetence, the league is resorting to taking the extreme measure of forcing them to do a Sunday afternoon game instead of a Sunday night game?

How will they ever get over this draconian punishment?

:shake:

I'm sure physically assaulting the officials should get them on your side...

By the way, I fully endorse this new plan of assaulting the officials. Might I suggest that you have Brady just punch one right at the coin toss.

You know, to send a message or something. Certainly not to get ejected and/or suspended.

By the way, I fully endorse this new plan of assaulting the officials. Might I suggest that you have Brady just punch one right at the coin toss.

You know, to send a message or something. Certainly not to get ejected and/or suspended.

Brady's release is so quick, it would be undetectable.

I don't suggest Luck attempt it, though :coffee:

Brady's release is so quick, it would be undetectable.

I don't suggest Luck attempt it, though :coffee:

It's not so much that the release is quick, the defenders just get lost in his eyes and don't break fast enough

Back