NFL is Actually Worse Than WWE...

I don't really want to draw the bullets that will inevitably fly my way, but, you DO know the general consensus around the league is that the Pats have been getting unrealistic favorable treatment ftom the refs for years. Maybe that's true, maybe not, but twice a year for a long time now, Bills fans have been screaming at their TV's over the ridiculously bad calls game in and game out.

Overall, this year has been a nightmare, league wide. It's not even worth joking about. Games have been decided all season b y crappy refs and a lot of people outside NE are saying under their breathes, "how's it feel, Patriots?"

The NFL needs to do something about this. It's at the point that every completed pass, every big run or good return, people are looking for the flag and many times, it's there. The Bills got burned 3 times yesterday. And Rex screwed the pooch on 2 of them.

It's utterly stupid that the NFL lets this go on

I don't really want to draw the bullets that will inevitably fly my way, but, you DO know the general consensus around the league is that the Pats have been getting unrealistic favorable treatment ftom the refs for years. Maybe that's true, maybe not, but twice a year for a long time now, Bills fans have been screaming at their TV's over the ridiculously bad calls game in and game out.

Overall, this year has been a nightmare, league wide. It's not even worth joking about. Games have been decided all season b y crappy refs and a lot of people outside NE are saying under their breathes, "how's it feel, Patriots?"

The NFL needs to do something about this. It's at the point that every completed pass, every big run or good return, people are looking for the flag and many times, it's there. The Bills got burned 3 times yesterday. And Rex screwed the pooch on 2 of them.

You just said the wrong thing to a lot of pissed off pats fans .

ttake Bill and Rex, one is anal and over involved upset at players for taking penalties. The other just doesn't give a poop. Wouldn't it make sense the best coached team, the one that is detail orientated, would have the least amount of penalties? That should be the case but it seems some of the calls are not evening out over the coarse of the game.

I think some of us are venting, some are tin foil hat fans because the league is out to get us based on the BS PSI shit.

Yes, the refs sucked, but if Harper catches a punt that he was in perfect position to do, the Pats still win.

That play bothers me a lot more than the refs.

(I'm not disputing that the refs sucked, however)

God, that reminded me of that f*ck Kyle Williams when he touched the punted ball and the Giants got it back and it cost Niners the whole ****ing game. Not to mention, as usual, there were some questionable calls made against the Niners and not the Giants.

Then again, the refs totally f*cked the Niners in the NFC Championship against the Seahawks (the year the Seahawks won the SB). It was beyond ****ing sickening.

Then to see them cost the Pats. They tried hard last week and finally suceeded this week. Honest to God, I am beyond shocked they didn't screw the Pats at SB49. I'm surprised no call was made when Butler intercepted it to give it back.

I don't give a **** what other fans think of the Patriots.

It's been more than just the Patriots who have been screwed out of games this year.

It's been more than just the Patriots who have been screwed out of games this year.

Shit, EVERY YEAR. I'm still seething over the NFC Championship where the refs royally screwed the 49ers against the Seahawks. :banghead:

Well, that was my point, Tommy. The refs have cost teams' wins this year. I mean, stole the game right out from under them with these insane calls.

I only threw the NE reference in there because up until this year, that's how it's been. I know from your angle, you can see bad calls VS the Pats more easily than against other teams because as a fan, you're naturally biased, but overall, in the past, most of the league's fans have been screaming at what seems like real preferential treatment for you guys.

Maybe the Deflategate issue finally crossed a line with the Officials and now they're screwing NE over with the rest of us

Well, that was my point, Tommy. The refs have cost teams' wins this year. I mean, stole the game right out from under them with these insane calls.

I only threw the NE reference in there because up until this year, that's how it's been. I know from your angle, you can see bad calls VS the Pats more easily than against other teams because as a fan, you're naturally biased, but overall, in the past, most of the league's fans have been screaming at what seems like real preferential treatment for you guys.

Maybe the Deflategate issue finally crossed a line with the Officials and now they're screwing NE over with the rest of us
I think they are LOOKING to make calls against the Pats this year. IF the same play was called by the same ref in the same game against both teams I have no issue. The point is the Holding call on Jackson was BS, Volmer getting a hands to the face to negate a play while Chandler has the same thing happen with the pass going over his head yet the Ref never saw it? it was so obvious. call them both or do not call either.

it is That type of "Different Strike Zone" Bullpoop that bugs me.

Citing Skip Bayless doesn't really help your cause.

I did call him a mediot :shrug:

<script src="http://player.espn.com/player.js?playerBrandingId=4ef8000cbaf34c1687a7d9a26fe0e89e&adSetCode=91cDU6NuXTGKz3OdjOxFdAgJVtQcKJnI&pcode=1kNG061cgaoolOncv54OAO1ceO-I&width=576&height=324&externalId=espn:14258522&thruParam_espn-ui[autoPlay]=false&thruParam_espn-ui[playRelatedExternally]=true"></script>

Brady had reason to be pissed according to this article on Yahoo Sports by Eric Edholm of Shutdown Corner. He analyzed every play and found plenty to talk about including a couple not mentioned by posters here. He thought only 1 call against the Pats was legit and the rest were bogus or simply should not have been called. He also found a few against the Broncos that didn't get called but should have been.

Quote:
<table border="0" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset"> it was hard to watch Sunday night's game as a neutral observer and not question some dubious calls — and non-calls — in the game and wonder what might have been had things been refereed differently by Tony Corrente's crew. </td> </tr> </tbody></table>
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...195509616.html

It isn't as though we haven't discussed bad calls in non-Patriot games over the years. We've seen it happen to many teams many times. The refs have sucked badly since 2012, beginning with the replacement refs.

Granted, we've laughed at and enjoyed bad calls made against teams we hate, but we acknowledge that the calls were bad just the same.

The officials are disrupting and influencing all games to an unprecedented and unacceptable degree, due to the convoluted rule book. It needs a simplified revision, and the officials need to be trained and evaluated better.

Bullshit.

You act as if the Patriots have never been screwed out of a game because of a call before.

That's lame-ass sour grapes shit.

The fact of the matter is, the Patriots are usually among the best in penalties because they're better and more disciplined. They're also not usually in a position to allow a referee's call (or series of calls) to determine the outcome of a game. You know, because they're good.

Normally, outside of the first couple hours of a loss, you don't hear a lot of excuse-making about referee's calls here. Because, you know what, despite it all, the players on the field determine the outcome.

And you can say the same about Sunday Night. Harper catches the punt, that game is ****ing over, and everyone knows it.

The reason it's coming up is because it was so egregious.

But "The Patriots get all the calls"? **** you. Seriously. That's the loser-est of loser's lament, and is just either ignorance or willful blindness.

The 2005 Divisional Round Playoff game vs. Denver, the 2006 AFC Championship game, and that awful home loss to Arizona in 2012 are just 3 example off the top of my head where one could genuinely claim the refs screwed the Patriots out of a game. I don't, but you could make legitimate claims in all three. So don't tell me it doesn't happen.

You lost to Jacksonville because your team sucks. You lost to the Patriots twice because your team sucks. The referees played no role in the outcome of either of those games. It's just easier for you and Buffalo fans to believe that the league is out to get Buffalo, because that's the path Rex leads you down - even though the truth is, the league couldn't give two shits about Buffalo.

If anything, the NFL threw the refs under the bus for the allegedly under inflated footballs, not the Patriots.

If anything, the NFL threw the refs under the bus for the allegedly under inflated footballs, not the Patriots.

But then you would think the refs would be pissed at the Colts and Kensil:coffee:

~Dee~

The 2005 Divisional Round Playoff game vs. Denver, the 2006 AFC Championship game, and that awful home loss to Arizona in 2012 are just 3 example off the top of my head where one could genuinely claim the refs screwed the Patriots out of a game. I don't, but you could make legitimate claims in all three. So don't tell me it doesn't happen.

Eli ****ing Manning :coffee:

Oh don't you worry....the refs have been screwing the Pats right along with everyone else. The big difference over the years is that the Pats have been good enough to win most of those games. When you win the game, nobody makes a huge deal out of bad calls - you just let them go.

*Sorry....basically what TommyD420 said.

I agree. I don't believe in some big conspiracy. I think it's more about incompetence. In the Bills game, the ref lost track of the ball (thanks Rex), and the ref decides to blow the play dead.

At the end of that game, the Bills got screwed by some ref who doesn't know the difference between college and NFL rules, for stopping the clock when the player goes out of bounds untouched.

It's incompetence, plain and simple. The league should be ashamed of the product they are putting out right now.

Back