NFL may release summary of PSI findings

Mayo1251

Reaction score
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/01/18/nfl-still-might-disclose-2015-psi-summaries/

PFT said:
The league has not yet committed to making any of the PSI information public. However, a source with knowledge of the situation tells PFT that the league may be releasing a summary of the data between the conference title games and the Super Bowl.

I'm disgusted in advance.

I've been calling this for a while. For those of you who thought that there would be some redemption for the Patriots in the form of the release of the actual PSI data from this season, I've warned you of your naivety.

This has always been my prediction: The NFL will release a statement saying that while they observed expected fluctuations in the balls as a result of climate, the drops were always consistent between teams, so no foul play is suspected by any team. No punishment to be doled out. They will reiterate that they never saw a disparity in the drop of balls between one team and another akin to the Patriots & Colts in the AFCCG.

The reason for this is simple...all they need to do to avoid the bad PR of admitting they fabricated a controversy is do what they failed to do last year: take time out of the equation and test both teams balls concurrently. I guarantee that in no testing situation was there as wide a gap in time between testing of the two teams as there was during the AFCCG. The testing of the Colts was an afterthought, and done at the end of halftime, which not enough time to complete testing.

Furthermore, some of the other nuances of last year's testing, such as disparities in the wetness of the balls, and the disparity between gauges will essentially not apply.

I said even earlier that this entire testing procedure implemented this year was geared with one thing in mind: to gather data to validate the dog & pony show they spent $5 million on last year. The NFL will not fall short in that goal, I can assure you of that much.

We're F'd. The Patriots PR team should get all hands on deck and pre-emptively call bullshit on the NFL to make both the data, and detailed procedures, including timing of measurements, available when this "summary" is released. The Patriots have butchered the PR of this so badly to date that I expect nothing of substance to come out from Kraft, them or anyone related to the team once this summary is released.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/01/18/nfl-still-might-disclose-2015-psi-summaries/

I'm disgusted in advance.

I've been calling this for a while. For those of you who thought that there would be some redemption for the Patriots in the form of the release of the actual PSI data from this season, I've warned you of your naivety.

This has always been my prediction: The NFL will release a statement saying that while they observed expected fluctuations in the balls as a result of climate, the drops were always consistent between teams, so no foul play is suspected by any team. No punishment to be doled out. They will reiterate that they never saw a disparity in the drop of balls between one team and another akin to the Patriots & Colts in the AFCCG.

The reason for this is simple...all they need to do to avoid the bad PR of admitting they fabricated a controversy is do what they failed to do last year: take time out of the equation and test both teams balls concurrently. I guarantee that in no testing situation was there as wide a gap in time between testing of the two teams as there was during the AFCCG. The testing of the Colts was an afterthought, and done at the end of halftime, which not enough time to complete testing.

Furthermore, some of the other nuances of last year's testing, such as disparities in the wetness of the balls, and the disparity between gauges will essentially not apply.

I said even earlier that this entire testing procedure implemented this year was geared with one thing in mind: to gather data to validate the dog & pony show they spent $5 million on last year. The NFL will not fall short in that goal, I can assure you of that much.

We're F'd. The Patriots PR team should get all hands on deck and pre-emptively call bullshit on the NFL to make both the data, and detailed procedures, including timing of measurements, available when this "summary" is released. The Patriots have butchered the PR of this so badly to date that I expect nothing of substance to come out from Kraft, them or anyone related to the team once this summary is released.

Agreed 100% and repped.

Tough to add much to this. Except it's pretty interesting as to the timing of the release. Right before the Super Bowl again?

Here's a prediction for you. If the Patriots lose and don't make the Super Bowl, you'll get a 1-paragraph press release on PSI levels. If they do, you'll get a Goodell press conference.

It will all be bullshit. I have no reason to believe that the NFL would be above fudging numbers, since they've already proved that they would do that, previously.

I'm sure the ESPN Propaganda machine is on high alert. I don't know just how much traction it will get this time outside of there. I think there's a lot of fatigue nationally with this story.

Also, you'll get nothing from Kraft, because this is what The 32 wants. Which, as we all know very well, is far more important than his individual franchise, employees, coaches, players and fans. :coffee:

They aren't going to change anyone's mind one way or the other. Scientists will rip them apart and expose it as a farce, Pats fans can call bullshit and everyone else can keep on hating. The timing will be an effort to distract the Pats, but it won't matter.

By summary they mean "we won't disclose our scientific method".

I'm sure it includes clowns, crayons, a big chief notebook and a donkey.

The only way they will release the recordings between the AFCCG and the SB is if they Pats are playing, and the recordings are in our disfavour.

I'm not to worried about their testing Methods. If they haven'r done it right it will get ripped apart. But the haters will offcourse get a day or two before everything is set straight.

The timing of this is very curious. Why between the conf game and SB? Why not just wait until season's end? If anything is released it will paint the Pats in a bad light but this is the thing if they try to fudge the numbers every scientist in the Northeast will call bull crap and hang them out to dry. But sadly, I think that may be what they want if Pats are in the bowl.

The key part of the statement is that it will be a summary. It will be great for the NFL from a PR point of view, but without actual recorded numbers and documented procedures, it is completely invalid from a scientific point of view.

Nothing will be settled and it will just resurrect the whole clusterf@!k, especially if the Pats win on Sunday.

I'm sure this will make Tom Brady teh sad, and he will lose focus because of it. :coffee: #nflsostupid #poketheGOAT

The key part of the statement is that it will be a summary. It will be great for the NFL from a PR point of view, but without actual recorded numbers and documented procedures, it is completely invalid from a scientific point of view.

Nothing will be settled and it will just resurrect the whole clusterf@!k, especially if the Pats win on Sunday.

So Pash will be writing the summary. :coffee:

If the NFL felt PSI levels in footballs was at all important, these tests would have been run before this year, and before any team was accused of tampering.

Rekindle the Brady fire.

This is how spiteful the league is, in a nutshell.

"You beat us in court? Well, WE'LL SHOW YOU!"

Like I said though, I don't think this will be the firestorm it was previously. I just don't think the country cares anymore, and people who have watched the games over the last year will be like "Well ****, even if he did it, it clearly didn't make any difference, so who cares?"

Now, if you're a starry-eyed optimist (which I am not), this could also be seen as the NFL doing the right thing, showing that the testing proved that they're wrong, "mpologizing" (tm, Bob Kraft), and re-instate the draft picks, and drop the lawsuit.

Put it this way, that second thing would shock me far more than the first. I'll say this for it though. You want to resuscitate the image of the league? Admitting a mistake, and turning your biggest enemies into your biggest advocates would be a huge step in doing that.

... if they try to fudge the numbers every scientist in the Northeast will call bull crap and hang them out to dry. But sadly, I think that may be what they want if Pats are in the bowl.

Regardles og what they try to do, they will surely screw this up. Simply because of incompetence.

---------- Post added at 07:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:21 AM ----------

Like I said though, I don't think this will be the firestorm it was previously. I just don't think the country cares anymore, and people who have watched the games over the last year will be like "Well ****, even if he did it, it clearly didn't make any difference, so who cares?"

Don't underestimate the haters. A new SB by the account of golden boy HGH will have them screaming for blood.

Regardles og what they try to do, they will surely screw this up. Simply because of incompetence.

---------- Post added at 07:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:21 AM ----------

Don't underestimate the haters. A new SB by the account of golden boy HGH will have them screaming for blood.

Eh.

The reason that the original story gained so much traction is because of how it was pounded by the NFL and ESPN, and people were whipped into a frenzy.

It was still a big deal this summer surrounding the court case, but not as big, because the people who weren't just unabashed haters had seen the actual report and evidence, and unbiased reporting from non-New England sources (or, just didn't in some cases), realized it was bullshit, and that's when the "**** the NFL" refrain started up again.

When Brady won the court case, even some haters were like "Well, ****, the NFL hand-picked this court, in their own backyard, and still lost. Badly."

So, it will be attempted to be a thing, by ESPN, but it won't gain nearly the traction it did last time.

And you're not getting any half-hour press conferences this time, either.

Agreed 100% and repped.

Tough to add much to this. Except it's pretty interesting as to the timing of the release. Right before the Super Bowl again?

Here's a prediction for you. If the Patriots lose and don't make the Super Bowl, you'll get a 1-paragraph press release on PSI levels. If they do, you'll get a Goodell press conference.

It will all be bullshit. I have no reason to believe that the NFL would be above fudging numbers, since they've already proved that they would do that, previously.

I'm sure the ESPN Propaganda machine is on high alert. I don't know just how much traction it will get this time outside of there. I think there's a lot of fatigue nationally with this story.

Also, you'll get nothing from Kraft, because this is what The 32 wants. Which, as we all know very well, is far more important than his individual franchise, employees, coaches, players and fans. :coffee:

I'm kind of amazed at the resolve of the team, to be able to look this guy in the eye and still respect him when he clearly chose a path. A path to the detriment of the coaches, players, and fans but favorable to himself and the other 31 that WANT to tarnish him.

I'm kind of amazed at the resolve of the team, to be able to look this guy in the eye and still respect him when he clearly chose a path. A path to the detriment of the coaches, players, and fans but favorable to himself and the other 31 that WANT to tarnish him.

I imagine that when they look at him, they don't see what you see. Also, they are doing their jobs, and likewise give him the room to do his.

I imagine that when they look at him, they don't see what you see. Also, they are doing their jobs, and likewise give him the room to do his.

I think Toms a pretty smart guy.

And I bet he's thought of this whole thing a lot more than he's let on to anyone other than his wife or father.

You don't think there's some corner of his mind wondering why Kraft didn't dig in harder or be more vocal and demonstrative on his behalf after everything he's done and continues to do for this franchise?

I am sure Kraft and Brady have talked face to face about it, and I would not be surprised if Kraft addressed the entire team at some point.

Back