NFL may release summary of PSI findings

The balls would need to be tested within a certain period of time. if you take them out and wait 20 minutes to test them in a warm room the PSI will return. so I assume the timing of the test would be as critical to the validity as anything else they claim.

They do say they will be measured by designated members of the officiating crew and security crew during half time. So would the official need to get out before the end of half time? Don't forget the officials aren't refilling just tested.

But as we all know this is the NFL. :shrug_n:

~Dee~

---------- Post added at 11:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 AM ----------

The NFL can do whatever it feels it needs to do, but it will never succeed in distracting NE from its goal.

BB wins again.

This:coffee:

~Dee~

My understanding of the testing program they laid out at the onset was they would test at half time replacing the game balls with the backup balls which would be tested at the end of the game. They will also be marking all balls tested

http://operations.nfl.com/the-game/gameday-behind-the-scenes/nfl-game-ball-procedures/

part one every game

part 2 random games

~Dee~

So many holes I don't know where to start.

The minute the balls are brought in the measurement process is skewed with time exposure to room temperature.

Gauges can't be calibrated once, at the beginning of the season.

It's just awesome witnessing a collection of monkeys throwing poo from the league writing scientific testing procedures, the like they have fundamentally expressed they have zero knowledge of.

Where is OPT?

The minute the balls are brought in the measurement process is skewed with time exposure to room temperature.

It's just awesome witnessing a collection of monkeys throwing poo from the league writing scientific testing procedures, the like they have fundamentally expressed they have zero knowledge of.

Where is OPT?

We've discussed this at length when the testing procedure was first announced there all kinds of flaws:shrug_n: But then it's not like there weren't tons of flaws during the original …………….well never mind. This was never a serious endeavor IMHO. They really don't understand the actual science period.

~Dee~

They really don't understand the actual science period.

~Dee~
By now I imagine they have had more than adequate expert information made available to them concerning the actual science. Rather, I imagine it as an intentional act of ignoring or even intentionally corrupting the science. :wave:

Cheers, BostonTim

By now I imagine they have had more than adequate expert information made available to them concerning the actual science. Rather, I imagine it as an intentional act of ignoring or even intentionally corrupting the science. :wave:

Cheers, BostonTim

Exponent:coffee:

~Dee~

Where is OPT?

As Dee says, we discussed this before.

Yes, if one were to do this properly one would record the temperature and humidity on the field and in the locker room, the specific time the balls were brought inside and what time the measurement was made.

Regarding the calibration of the gauges, I can't say with any certainty if an annual calibration is sufficient or not.

If the same gauges were used for each ball before the game and for subsequent measurements, then if there is an absolute error, it wouldn't really matter that much.

I'd be more interested to know what the acceptance tolerance is for the calibration procedure. That will essentially define the accuracy of any given measurement.

I'd think that the error band is relatively large for these gauges since they aren't super expensive precision gauges.

For our tin foil hat residents, does this news that the league will reveal PSI the week before SB mean the Pats will be in it? Is the league going to ensure Brady gets to his 7th so they can try to smear him again before a super bowl? I love the idea as the whole saga last year produced the best every fourth quarter performance by a QB.

For our tin foil hat residents, does this news that the league will reveal PSI the week before SB mean the Pats will be in it? Is the league going to ensure Brady gets to his 7th so they can try to smear him again before a super bowl? I love the idea as the whole saga last year produced the best every fourth quarter performance by a QB.
[placesontinfoillid]

I think it is an attempt to create a distraction during the Patriots preparation for the Game to give Manning a little more of an advantage while rekindling the fury of the idiotic fans who still believe in deflategate so any and all crap calls against the Patriots or for the Bronco's will be met with - but they cheat so who cares
[removedfoilandchewsittoproveiamaman]

[placesontinfoillid]

I think it is an attempt to create a distraction during the Patriots preparation for the Game to give Manning a little more of an advantage while rekindling the fury of the idiotic fans who still believe in deflategate so any and all crap calls against the Patriots or for the Bronco's will be met with - but they cheat so who cares

Seems plausible. Anything that gets even more of a fire under Tommy's butt I am all for.

[placesontinfoillid]

Thought the same thing because of the timing. Nutkick

Totally an attempt to distract and smear this organization again.

Imagine the data comes out. Disparaging as expected.

Kraft calls a presser. Steps to the podium.

"The leagues course of action is distasteful, to say the least. More accurately it's childish. Amatuer. Yet 100% predictable."

"That is why, since the start of the first pre-season game and every game since, I've independently contracted the science department from MIT to log ALL applicable data necessary to conduct the scientific experiment properly. They have subsequently performed all calculations with regard to the Ideal Gas Law the league office collectively knew approximately zero about and completed a post game report of the formulae and findings. 22 reports total now."

"Allow me to introduce Dr. _________"

Dr. ___________ steps to the podium.

"Ladies and gentlemen. Any questions?"

In NY, a 911 call is reported to league HQ.

Man alive.....this has set up written all over it.

Just when you thought you had seen the league at it's vindictive worst and then you hear about this...It's disgusting.

There is no chance in hell this will be positive for the Patriots. There is no chance the league will announce, you know what? It turns out we were wrong!

But the funny thing is, the league will f**k it up again. They will release a report that will be ridiculed by scientists and the mainstream media. Sure, the haters and ESPN will be jumping for joy, but outside that fantasy world, in the real world, the league will just appear even worse than it does now it that's possible.

My understanding of the testing program they laid out at the onset was they would test at half time replacing the game balls with the backup balls which would be tested at the end of the game. They will also be marking all balls tested
~Dee~

Thanks, that clears it up for me - I agree with your interpretation and understanding of it as well.

Granted, NFL will still F us of course.

Man alive.....this has set up written all over it.

Just when you thought you had seen the league at it's vindictive worst and then you hear about this...It's disgusting.

There is no chance in hell this will be positive for the Patriots. There is no chance the league will announce, you know what? It turns out we were wrong!

But the funny thing is, the league will f**k it up again. They will release a report that will be ridiculed by scientists and the mainstream media. Sure, the haters and ESPN will be jumping for joy, but outside that fantasy world, in the real world, the league will just appear even worse than it does now it that's possible.

I thought "set up" the second I heard it.

The timing is also interesting and since I can't think of what the NFL hopes to gain from releasing this info (regardless of whether they think it helps their case against Brady) I'm left with wondering whether they have gone full WWE and are like latter-day Vince McMahons -- who once tried to pump up TV ratings by paying for his daughter and part-time 'rassler Stephanie to get a boob job.

It's all I can come up with. That they enjoyed some financial benefits by last year's off-field debacle and are trying to cook up something similar.

Roger Goodell's stewardship of the league might have a lot more in common with P.T. Barnum than it does Pete Rozelle or Paul Tagliabue.

I thought "set up" the second I heard it.

The timing is also interesting and since I can't think of what the NFL hopes to gain from releasing this info (regardless of whether they think it helps their case against Brady) I'm left with wondering whether they have gone full WWE and are like latter-day Vince McMahons -- who once tried to pump up TV ratings by paying for his daughter and part-time 'rassler Stephanie to get a boob job.

It's all I can come up with. That they enjoyed some financial benefits by last year's off-field debacle and are trying to cook up something similar.

Roger Goodell's stewardship of the league might have a lot more in common with P.T. Barnum than it does Pete Rozelle or Paul Tagliabue.

I don't have radio reception in the office but I do have cable. Unfortunately that limits me to Felger & Mazz simulcast.

:suicide:

But they came right out and said it today. Who benefitted?

They said they crushed it.

And the lawyers.

Fitting.

All that pub and lead stories and front pages? Tens of millions in free advertisement for the NFL. Never a down point in relevance last season. You can't measure the value of it.

Fvcker used us as a tarnish AND money grab.

I had a daydream someone with Stage 4 in Maine leveled his 30-30 on a vacationing suit. It was ... something.

Question does anyone really think that the league is really going to release the numbers while the appeal in on going? Think about it it's a lose lose for them. If the make up stuff the the media and the lawyers will be all over it and if they tell the truth then the appeal is going to take a hit. It's a ploy to suck you back in:shrug_n:

~Dee~

Question does anyone really think that the league is really going to release the numbers while the appeal in on going? Think about it it's a lose lose for them. If the make up stuff the the media and the lawyers will be all over it and if they tell the truth then the appeal is going to take a hit. It's a ploy to suck you back in:shrug_n:

~Dee~
Good insight.

But I think what the league really wants is something to fill up the two weeks between the conference championship games and the Super Bowl. And they know that nothing will keep the NFL in the spotlight like controversy, and they already have one set up.

Here's a prediction: the league won't release anything if the Patriots lose the AFCCG. But if the Pats win, then what the league releases will be (1) completely ambiguous, and (2) require a response from the Patriots that distracts them from their Super Bowl prep.

~Dee~

Maybe the league is going to use the same process the IPCC uses for their reports.

They release the summary first and then revise the actual technical reports to match what the summary said.

Good insight.

But I think what the league really wants is something to fill up the two weeks between the conference championship games and the Super Bowl. And they know that nothing will keep the NFL in the spotlight like controversy, and they already have one set up.

Here's a prediction: the league won't release anything if the Patriots lose the AFCCG. But if the Pats win, then what the league releases will be (1) completely ambiguous, and (2) require a response from the Patriots that distracts them from their Super Bowl prep.

Precisely why they say they may instead of saying they will.

Back