2020New England Patriots149333099.43022002011

Jacobi Meyers​

WRTE Career​

TOTAL291085108813.1350294.57011
SEASONTEAMGGSRECYDSAVGLNGTDATTYDSAVGLNGTDFUMLOST
2019New England Patriots1512635913.8350
2020New England Patriots1495972912.4350294.57011

E5p6J5ZWEAQad1b

I can't help the feeling that N'Keal has been sold short here. His rookie season injuries took him out. Last season it was the incredibly poor QB he had to deal with.

He's had plenty of opportunities to show up in games and to be evaluated properly.
He simply hasn't shown a willingness to compete effectively and now he's showing an unwillingness to compete for a roster spot.
The statement by his agent reflects badly on Harry; it should never have been written. Harry looks like a quitter. Harry should fire his agent immediately.

He's had plenty of opportunities to show up in games and to be evaluated properly.
He simply hasn't shown a willingness to compete effectively and now he's showing an unwillingness to compete for a roster spot.
The statement by his agent reflects badly on Harry; it should never have been written. Harry looks like a quitter. Harry should fire his agent immediately.
I don't disagree entirely Chevss but in reality he really does need to leave us. Another year with Cam will not help his career at all. He is going into his third year. He really needs to show something this year to stay relevant in the league and it won't happen with us. We are a TE/RB heavy team with a QB that is a better runner than passer. He needs to try to go somewhere where he will see the ball more.

Also, I believe we were trying to trade him back in March, correct? I assume we didn't because we did not get any decent offers? I mean we did spent a first on him and now it looks like we will need to just outright release him. This is a pretty bad mark on Bill's draft resume considering the WRs that were taken after him. But it is time to move on for both parties.

Probably for the best, but his agent sounds delusional.

The part that bothers me is that we took him at 32 and could've had a number of guys selected later who've been excellent.

I realize that hindsight is 20-20, but what if we instead took.....

(36) Deebo Samuel
(51) A.J. Brown
(56) Mecole Hardman
(64) D.K. Metcalf
(76) Terry McLaurin

I know, it doesn't work that way, but the point is there were a lot of good players there for the taking and we got the wrong guy. Obviously.

It would be good if we could get something for him, even if it's a conditional future. Chances are somebody else liked him enough in
College to think he could still turn out to be productive with a fresh start.

I recall the play during Harry's rookie year where we were trying to come back against the Chiefs and he took a swing pass and
tightroped his way past the pylon and into the end zone scoring what could have been a huge TD and the ref just totally blew the call even though he was looking
right at it with a perfect view. And we were out of challenges so the shit call stood and we couldn't punch it in to tie it up and lost the game.

That was the only really great play Harry made in two years, but it didn't count.

It seems his whole time here he was snakebit. I tried to be patient with him, but I'm now OK with pulling the plug and accepting that he
was a blown pick.

Good luck and happy trails, N'Keal. Your luck can't possibly get much worse.
Good post Hawg. Don't forget about Marquise Brown who the Ravens took right ahead of us. I believe Harbaugh laughed at us for not taking a WR ahead of them. Man, I can't stand that guy.

Anyways, here is Florio's take. Pretty much echoes what you posted in terms of our WR draft woes.

For all those looking for a negative, the Belichick history with drafting WRs high (rounds 1-3) is awful.

The last successful top 3 round WR was probably Deion Branch.

Since I had some time, BB's track record drafting WRs is... not good to say the least.

20191N'Keal Harry32WR2020
20132Aaron Dobson59WR2015
20134Josh Boyce102WR2014
20127Jeremy Ebert235WR2013
20103Taylor Price90WR2012
20093Brandon Tate83WR2018
20097Julian Edelman232WR2020
20085Matthew Slater153WR2020
20062Chad Jackson36WR2008
20045P.K. Sam164WR2004
20022Deion Branch65WR2012

Since I had some time, BB's track record drafting WRs is... not good to say the least.

20191N'Keal Harry32WR2020
20132Aaron Dobson59WR2015
20134Josh Boyce102WR2014
20127Jeremy Ebert235WR2013
20103Taylor Price90WR2012
20093Brandon Tate83WR2018
20097Julian Edelman232WR2020
20085Matthew Slater153WR2020
20062Chad Jackson36WR2008
20045P.K. Sam164WR2004
20022Deion Branch65WR2012

Definitely a sad state of affairs. Look at all those late drafts picks who never had a chance.
I've offered my services but...
I see a lot of those players you named simply didn't have the smarts to handle the playbook. Most are later round picks who had no chance to begin with.
At least 1 was homesick - Taylor Price - and quit football.
Gallon should have been good but started out on PUP and was cut 2 weeks after he was reinstated during TC.
Dobson was too passive and a terrible route runner to begin with. He came close to making it but faded down the stretch. Predictable bust. Never liked him. Kenbrell Thompkins was better as an udfa.

17 WRs drafted & only 5 were drafted in the 2nd round or higher. I've read many studies that prove beyond a doubt that WRs drafted in the 3rd or later have very little success in the NFL. Sometimes I think BB just wanted camp bodies and thought nothing of spending a late rnd pick on some of these guys. BB drafted 4 in the 2nd and came away with only 1 player when the league avg for 2nd rounders is 50%. Small sample size may have something to do with that.
Berrios is a JETE.

Mitchell would have been good. sigh. Givens, Branch and Edelman paid off big but that's it for WRs. Slater was drafted as a WR but made the team on STs.
Pretty sad but it shows if you want a good WR you gotta get them in the 1st and choose wisely or get lucky later on. Harry was a bad mistake and the Pats compounded their mistake by putting his slow ass outside far too much when he should have been in the slot.

Yeah, he's not worth a trade.

Keep him and make him prove his worth or sit the pine.

I understand and agree with the sentiment. He's definitely been a major disappointment and his agents bizarrely worded trade request diminishes his trade value, but I'm willing to wager a large amount (if someone is willing to loan me a large amount on very friendly terms) that at least one team will be willing to part with a 7th and maybe even a 6th. To quote a Boston legend, if the Pats can get a 7th for Izzo, "Anything is possible!!!"

I understand and agree with the sentiment. He's definitely been a major disappointment and his agents bizarrely worded trade request diminishes his trade value, but I'm willing to wager a large amount (if someone is willing to loan me a large amount on very friendly terms) that at least one team will be willing to part with a 7th and maybe even a 6th. To quote a Boston legend, if the Pats can get a 7th for Izzo, "Anything is possible!!!"

I agree and think a 6th is definitely possible.

There has to be just one of the other 31 teams that have football people who loved Harry in College and figure they can square him away. There are plenty of excuses that could be made as to why he's floundered and we've already heard all of them, and I have made a bunch for him, but I'm banking on one team that figures the low risk is worth maybe getting a steal.

Because it is the Patriots it might change the way some teams see him. There are some that may believe that our system is too regimented and mechanical to allow athletes to thrive, but to subscribe to that theory you have to still think that Harry is an athlete. Let's just hope they don't study the film too close.

It was obvious from August of his rookie year he was a bust.
The staff tried to hide him on IR that year for awhile despite the desperate need for pass catchers. The sooner he’s off the roster the better.
In BB we trust right..........

Roster spots are valuable. Who are you kicking off the team to let him sit?

No thanks.
I've had it up to my ears with the Aaron Dobsons, Demaryius Thomases and N'Keal Harrys of the world.
Jonnu Smith can do what Harry did but Jonnu can do those things 10 times better.

They were both busts. Never understood the picks. Both were outliers to what BB normally likes in a WR. Neither met BB's athletic requirements.
Good reading if you can handle 24 of hours of depression over BB's faults as a WR evaluator. I can say with 100% certainty that Harry was Caserio's pick, however.

Roster spots are valuable. Who are you kicking off the team to let him sit?

No thanks.
I've had it up to my ears with the Aaron Dobsons, Demaryius Thomases and N'Keal Harrys of the world.
Jonnu Smith can do what Harry did but Jonnu can do those things 10 times better.
Ok but dig this. Funchess for Harry prior to training camp. We would lose the Harry guarranteed money and Funchess has already been paid his guarranteed money, right? If Funchess can't cut it here he is gone before game one with no guarrantees. No harm no foul.

It was obvious from August of his rookie year he was a bust.
The staff tried to hide him on IR that year for awhile despite the desperate need for pass catchers. The sooner he’s off the roster the better.
In BB we trust right..........
Well, that's a refreshingly different take...

Back