Offical Knee Jerk Reaction Thread: How long until O'Connell gets a chance?

Ray Crittenden

Sometimes
Reaction score
How many more games do we have to suffer through Cassel throwing 2 yard outs? We are going NOWHERE with Cassel. I don't know what it is, but he doesn't have it. Eventhough it was garbage time for O'Connell yesterday, he seemed to be able to make quick decisions and has a much better arm. Plus, he actually played football over the last four years at San Diego State. I think the Cassel experiment should be over now. Give O'Connell two weeks to prepare for San Fran and see what happens...

Has anyone watched film on OC? A lot of out patterns to wide open guys. Not a lot of down feild big plays...a lot like Matt Cassell has done so far and by the freaking way, a LOT LIKE TOM EFFIN BRADY'S FIRST SEASON!

Cassel seems extremely hesitant..........he just needs to pull the freaking trigger already.

This is a stupid thread.

Did Matt Cassel lose the game yesterday? I don't think so, but maybe I'm the crazy one.

This is a stupid thread.

Did Matt Cassel lose the game yesterday? I don't think so, but maybe I'm the crazy one.

Way to mix everybody up with your mis-direction!

You are crazy, but Cassel did not lose that game all by himself yesterday.

Cassel didn't lose the game all by himself, but it doesn't mean he doesnt suck. Someone said in another thread, they had they feeling the team isnt confident in him, that's basically where I am. I'd rather have seen him attempting to hit a pass longer than 5 yards and throwing a pick, than dinking his way to 3rd and long.

Annihilus is betting that if the Pats lose 6 in a row, we may see some O'Connel sightings. Probably not unless Cassel looks really bad though. And by really bad, he'll need to be a lot worse than he's looked to date.

I'll trade you a Thigpin for a Cassel!

Brady was 2-2 in his first 4 games IIRC,and a couple of his first few wins were pretty ugly. Cassel did not lose the game, the defense and team as a whole did. They collectively lost focus.

And lets give them a break, gee they only won 21 regular season games in a row before losing. How many fans of other teams who lost this weekend can say that ? It was bound to happen at some point.

I'll trade you a Thigpin for a Cassel!

I couldn't believe it, during the Patriots game, I happened to look at the stat crawler at the bottom of the screen. At that point Thigpin was there and his stats to that point were 1 out of 8 for -8 yards. :spock:

I'm not saying get rid of Cassel because of yesterday. He has had 1, ONE, good game this year. Has everyone forgot the abortion that was the preseason.....where he was TERRIBLE!!!!!!!!!

If we are going to see a change of QB this season it needs to happen now or it won't happen at all.

I'm not saying get rid of Cassel because of yesterday. He has had 1, ONE, good game this year. Has everyone forgot the abortion that was the preseason.....where he was TERRIBLE!!!!!!!!!

If we are going to see a change of QB this season it needs to happen now or it won't happen at all.

Exactly. With the bye coming up, they need to get O'Connell ready now if the change is going to happen.

Yeah, well it ain't happening now that's for sure.

I couldn't believe it, during the Patriots game, I happened to look at the stat crawler at the bottom of the screen. At that point Thigpin was there and his stats to that point were 1 out of 8 for -8 yards. :spock:

Yeah. In our prediction thread I think I predicted Him to go 7 for 37 for like 120 yards with 4 int.

He came through with a much better performance. 14 for 36 for 128 with 3 int.

You guys really are spoiled, but it's to be expected when you've been so good so long.

Brady was 2-2 in his first 4 games IIRC,and a couple of his first few wins were pretty ugly. Cassel did not lose the game, the defense and team as a whole did. They collectively lost focus.

And lets give them a break, gee they only won 21 regular season games in a row before losing. How many fans of other teams who lost this weekend can say that ? It was bound to happen at some point.

Stop comparing cassel to brady, why do people insist on doing this? No Cassel did not lose the game, but he is not exactly doing anything to help us win either. They are scared to let him throw down field, he locks on targets and stares them down so bad. I could have covered his passes. So stop comparing him to brady until he goes on to win 3 superbowls set records and do what brady has done.

Back