On the agony and the angst

BostonTim

IIWII
Reaction score
They do it to us every frigging time. One of the ways that I deal with it is to always assume that if the Pats have one play pending to (in memory of DandyDon}"Turn out the lights...". I simply accept that it won't happen until the last moment and believe that there is more pain to come. I also tell myself that. It's like banging your head against the wall cause it feels so good when you stop.

I heard (and felt myself of course) the suffering of the fans. But I firmly believed that when the Pats are up 2 TDs late in the 4th in the Playoffs, that no matter how tight or precarious it may LOOK, there is nothing to fear because the ending is pre-ordained. No matter what had happened, the Pats, would, in the end, make that one last play.

Angst aside, the Pats WERE NOT losing last night (easy to say this AM, but hey).

Cheers, BostonTim

I never felt the game was in doubt once we went up 24-13. I actually felt pretty confident at 14-6 at half.

I wanted them to score more, but I never felt they would lose.

I was worried when the Eagles, I mean the Chiefs, had the ball down 2 scores with about 6 1/2 minutes left.

And they moved the ball, but kept huddling up and running the play clock down under five and the calm of prior experience settled over me.

Deja Vu all over again.

Yeah the fumble recovery sealed it for me, no angst from that point forward. The Pats are not the lions, they typically won't search for a way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

After the opening drive score, I never felt the game was in danger. I know it was a game thoughout, but I just didn't feel much concern. I saw a return to the offense from the 1st half of the season and it was clear that the defensive game plan was bend, don't break.

After the opening drive score, I never felt the game was in danger. I know it was a game thoughout, but I just didn't feel much concern. I saw a return to the offense from the 1st half of the season and it was clear that the defensive game plan was bend, don't break.

Ditto this.

After the opening drive to score I knew the game was won. I had a big smile on my face as I wondered wth all the bragging KC fans must have been thinking. "Oh, shit!"

Our defense was frustrating at times but once in the red zone the clamps came on. That gave me confidence and I was never worried or felt this game was in doubt.

To be clear in case someone brings it up later, and to help me understand the term, did KC "almost win" this game?

Sent from my Enigma Device

Nah, to almost win you need to be on the field with a chance to tie or win at the end of the game. If we're feeling generous, maybe the last 4 minutes. When you don't accomplish that at any point in the 4th quarter, the use of that term would have to be more loose than (insert hooker joke here).

I was worried when the Eagles, I mean the Chiefs, had the ball down 2 scores with about 6 1/2 minutes left.

And they moved the ball, but kept huddling up and running the play clock down under five and the calm of prior experience settled over me.

Deja Vu all over again.

I wonder if T.O. saw Alex Smith blowing chunks in the huddle.

I had doubts going into the game, but after the first drive and especially after Edelman shook off the rust and started reliably making big catches, I was confident they'd win - even if the Chiefs came back.

I think the Pats' onsides kick reception was as textbook as I've seen. If there was a way, the Chiefs should have kicked that more away from Gronk.

They do it to us every frigging time. One of the ways that I deal with it is to always assume that if the Pats have one play pending to (in memory of DandyDon}"Turn out the lights...". I simply accept that it won't happen until the last moment and believe that there is more pain to come. I also tell myself that. It's like banging your head against the wall cause it feels so good when you stop.

I heard (and felt myself of course) the suffering of the fans. But I firmly believed that when the Pats are up 2 TDs late in the 4th in the Playoffs, that no matter how tight or precarious it may LOOK, there is nothing to fear because the ending is pre-ordained. No matter what had happened, the Pats, would, in the end, make that one last play.

Angst aside, the Pats WERE NOT losing last night (easy to say this AM, but hey).

Cheers, BostonTim

The Patriots were ahead the entire game. The game was never in doubt.

Nobody "almost lost".

The 56-0 Mentality is strong with Patriots fans. :coffee:

The Patriots were ahead the entire game. The game was never in doubt.

Nobody "almost lost".

The 56-0 Mentality is strong with Patriots fans. :coffee:
I am sorry. Did I say something, anything, that can be in anyway construed as they "almost lost"? I, WE. all know Pats penchant for missing opportunities to, as I said, turn out the lights. They do that regularly. It doesn't mean we think they won't win but they DO keep us on edge.

Cheers, BostonTim

I am sorry. Did I say something, anything, that can be in anyway construed as they "almost lost"? I, WE. all know Pats penchant for missing opportunities to, as I said, turn out the lights. They do that regularly. It doesn't mean we think they won't win but they DO keep us on edge.

Cheers, BostonTim

At 27-13, that game was over. If you were still "on edge", I don't know what to tell you.

At 27-13, that game was over. If you were still "on edge", I don't know what to tell you.

I said if you read the thread, that on the intellectual level I knew it was over at 14-3 after the 98 yard Nutkick

Fans, even long time fans, even good fans, even diehards, all react differently. You may or may not find out as you are nearing 70 that you get the yips a bit more. You may find that 3 footer not quite as automatic.

Say anything you want, but these Pats have made a lot of fans twitch by missing chances to seal the deal. That's a fact.

With that, not sure what else there is to say.

Cheers, BostonTim

Back