One of Many: A Post-Shitfest Rant

I just wanted to make one post in response to the Welker stuff.

8 catches, 117 yards, 1 TD tonight

Last week against Houston: 8 catches, 131 yds

Going into tonight: 118 catches, 1354 yds, 11.5 avg

So whatever. If you ratio out his drops to how many times he's targeted, it's pretty small. If you all think there's someone better out there, then whatever. And if anyone thinks there's anyone that's not going to be out for 3 weeks at a time after some of the hits that he bounces up from, then whatever.

Welker is not the problem. Everyone else is.
IMO, big time players make big plays in big games. When a ball hits you on the numbers, you are supposed to catch it. Now that being said, maybe he's playing hurt. I can't say, but he's not made any impact plays in the playoffs. IMO, he's not in the same league with WRs who can get open down the field and catch the ball for big plays. That's what the Pats need, IMO.

No doubt a healthy Gronk would have helped, but we can't be dependent on him being healthy to be able to beat a really good team, when his style of play leads to him getting injured.

That was some rookie effing sh*t. And it's not the first time TB's done it this past year either.

You are right about that, although the bench should have called the timeout quicker, once it was clear Brady didn't have a clue about the situation.

Is this the "after the playoff game loss" blow up thread?

Looks like it. I wonder what these same guys were saying before this playoff loss. Probably were the same guys hanging up billboards in NE for Ray's retirement. I hate seeing cocky fans before a game, act like whiny knee jerk little babies after a tough loss. This is the NFL and once the playoffs start it's all about one game on that one day. Same thing I said when the Patriots were playing the Texans. Nothing else mattered in the season. You line up and play on that day and you better be that better team on that day or your season is done. The Pats just didn't rise to the level that the Ravens did yesterday. Game over. It will be up to BB and management in the off season to make improvement for this team.

Looks like it. I wonder what these same guys were saying before this playoff loss. Probably were the same guys hanging up billboards in NE for Ray's retirement. I hate seeing cocky fans before a game, act like whiny knee jerk little babies after a tough loss. This is the NFL and once the playoffs start it's all about one game on that one day. Same thing I said when the Patriots were playing the Texans. Nothing else mattered in the season. You line up and play on that day and you better be that better team on that day or your season is done. The Pats just didn't rise to the level that the Ravens did yesterday. Game over. It will be up to BB and management in the off season to make improvement for this team.
I am sure your home board is full of Equal post just last week? maybe even a few irrational ones by yourself? It is a message board a place to vent and rip into the team after a loss. nothing wrong with that. Hell I may even pump a thread or two in a month when all is forgotton and the 1st signing takes place. but Today we allow the fans to vent and feel better...you know what losing in the playoffs is like....maybe some day you will know what it is like when you have a real chance to win it all...maybe the Texans will improve.

I am sure your home board is full of Equal post just last week? maybe even a few irrational ones by yourself? It is a message board a place to vent and rip into the team after a loss. nothing wrong with that. Hell I may even pump a thread or two in a month when all is forgotton and the 1st signing takes place. but Today we allow the fans to vent and feel better...you know what losing in the playoffs is like....maybe some day you will know what it is like when you have a real chance to win it all...maybe the Texans will improve.

Wow, I love seeing that Texx guy absolutely embarassed.

Wow, I love seeing that Texx guy absolutely embarassed.

Hey man, congrats, thanks for coming here before and staying after the game. Ravens obviously wanted it more this year, and we are heading back to the drawing board....

We lost both games after killing the Texans (SF and Ravens). I think playing the Texans made the team and the fans over-confident. Had we played a tougher opponent, the team would have been better prepared for the Ravens.

You're right... the texans sucked and will continue to do so. They are soft like shit on a hot summer night...

We lost both games after killing the Texans (SF and Ravens). I think playing the Texans made the team and the fans over-confident. Had we played a tougher opponent, the team would have been better prepared for the Ravens.
And the Ravens comments were right. They didn't feel the Pats were battle tested enough and they said (this is via Sal Pal on the ESPN pregame, and he didn't give anyone's name specifically) that they were going to come out and take it to them to see how they responded.

And the Ravens comments were right. They didn't feel the Pats were battle tested enough and they said (this is via Sal Pal on the ESPN pregame, and he didn't give anyone's name specifically) that they were going to come out and take it to them to see how they responded.

The Ravens played a softer schedule than the Patriots, the Texans kicked the living crap out of the ravens.

Yes, people say that Wekler is not the problem but they are ignoring his cap number. It will be interesting to see what he's worth on the open market. I can see him signing with the Pats after testing the market.

Not as long as there is a team like Dallas around.

I'm not even saying they will go after him hard, but he'd fit well there and he might not mind going back to Texas. Dallas already has already experimented with signing a "Wes Welker type" along with half the teams in the league and I'm pretty sure one of them is going to spend big on the original and hope he's got 3 good years left in order to pay him big cash. He's a risk with big upside no matter what.

I think the Pats will try to low-ball him and he'll walk. Much has been made about Brady and him being the perfect combo, but in his case he could get somewhere between 16-25M guaranteed, maybe more, and he'd be crazy not to take it.

Wes and his agent will shoot for the moon and in a league where Pierre Garcon got 20.5M guaranteed he'd be nuts not to try.

I've pretty much resigned myself to the fact that he is a goner and we'll have to do a major overhaul of the offense, but I am hopeful they'll work something out as unlikely as that seems.

How do teams acquire those extra "compensatory" or whatever picks that I've seen given out between late rounds before. Is it when they lose a guy like Welka

the 32 compensatory picks go to the teams that have lost more free agents than the ones they signed.

i think they can also be awarded to teams that lost high profile free agents, but then only 7th round picks.

So for us that would basically just be a way to lock up an UDFA early

Ugh... Being from Texas and surrounded by cowboy fans that's gonna hurt to watch him catch passes from Tony Romo and hearing about it from them

Back