OT: Danger Will Robinson, Bending Unit Runs Amok

You chumps better watch it, I ain't foolin around!

bender.jpg

Sorry, John Adams is on at 9pm. Better viewing. Sorry Bender, besides, we have our own show here when you post.

Sounds exciting, the last one was pretty funny.

Leela: What is the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?
Fry: It was bound to be somewhere.

A 2 hour special based on Bender ? Ugh they must be getting desperate for content.

A 2 hour special based on Bender ? Ugh they must be getting desperate for content.
It's part of UT's master security plan, he pays for them to keep Bender occupied in the studio (it's cheaper than having to replace the fire extinguishers each day after they've been molested :shake: ). :coffee:

I'll admit I had no idea who Bender was. One day while posting, my son looked at the laptop said "Hey, it's Bender". Yes, I know :dom:

I never could understand why they cancelled Futurama. It's a hell of alot funnier than the Simpsons are anymore.

I never could understand why the cancelled Futurama. It's a hell of alot funnier than the Simpsons are anymore.

Fox never seemed to understand it, but they wanted to keep Matt Groening happy so they kept it on. But then they deliberately put it in a time slot where it often got pre-empted by NFL games running late. Then they kept trying to justify getting rid of it by saying it got low ratings; when the reason it got low ratings was half the time it wasn't on so it was hard for a large audience to catch on.

And I have to admit I rarely watch The Simpsons anymore myself. It wouldn't bother me much if they did cancel it; I think that it's had a great run but it's getting tired. Last summer when the movie came out The Onion's "AV Club" even had a point/counterpoint article debating if the show should be cancelled. That was where I first learned there are a large number of fans who won't even watch episodes from after a certain point. (I.e., only the first seven seasons, that kind of thing.)

Fox never seemed to understand it, but they wanted to keep Matt Groening happy so they kept it on. But then they deliberately put it in a time slot where it often got pre-empted by NFL games running late. Then they kept trying to justify getting rid of it by saying it got low ratings; when the reason it got low ratings was half the time it wasn't on so it was hard for a large audience to catch on.

And I have to admit I rarely watch The Simpsons anymore myself. It wouldn't bother me much if they did cancel it; I think that it's had a great run but it's getting tired. Last summer when the movie came out The Onion's "AV Club" even had a point/counterpoint article debating if the show should be cancelled. That was where I first learned there are a large number of fans who won't even watch episodes from after a certain point. (I.e., only the first seven seasons, that kind of thing.)

So they "Jerichoed" it before Jericho was even "Jerichoed".

Back