OT: Legal Question

Racerkris

CFL/NFL=Awesome
Reaction score
Website
www.riderfans.com
Hey everyone, I know I haven't posted here many times but i'm in a tough situation so I need a little help.

So tonight I go to take some of my ex-girlfriend some stuff. So I have one friend in the passenger and a girl following me cause I gotta do this one thing. So we all get out of our cars cause we thought it would only be a minute, and I come back and find that my window got smashed. So in not even a minute my window gets smashed, btw this all happened on the out skirts of the hood. Anyways, it was all planned by one of her friends, and luckily a neighbor saw him do it and chased him down. I called the police immediately as I saw the broken window, and they took maybe 15 minutes to get there. Well the police have the guy in custody right now and he's in jail, I have a number about my claim but thing is I don't have window insurance so I don't have anything to pay for it.

My ex told the police she never told the guy to do it but she told my friend otherwise. Well when I was at her house sorting everything out she said she would pay for everything blah blah blah. So when I get home after all this I call and tell her I'm calling tomorrow about an estimate and ill get back to her. But now she says unless she legally has to pay for it she wont. Now is there ANYthing I can do about this, because I know for a fact she got the guy to do this, but she told the police she didn't. Thanks for your responses in advance, i'll answer questions for clarification.

Kris

BTW I don't have a package policy thats why I ask if I can somehow get either her to pay for it or the person who physically did it.

This is why there are RICO laws.

Conspiracy to commit windowcide. You got her on the ropes my man. Hire a good attorney, collect the witness statements and force her to take a polygraph test.

...or just eat the cost of a new window and be glad you got rid of the bitch.

This is why there are RICO laws.

Conspiracy to commit windowcide. You got her on the ropes my man. Hire a good attorney, collect the witness statements and force her to take a polygraph test.

...or just eat the cost of a new window and be glad you got rid of the bitch.

My dad will probably end up paying for the window because the car is in his name. A new windshield was only $150 so a side window shouldn't be to bad.

Better advice, get glass coverage dude!

Do you really want to spend a bunch in legal bills and deal with the headache for a window???

Only recourse is small claims court. Sounds like a case for Judge Judy.

@ least now you have an idea about what type of women aren't compatible with you.
I had one put two 90 degree bends in my truck antennae one time. I visit her in the cemetery once a year on the anniversary. Kidding of course..... :arrr:

Why doesn't the guy who broke it pay for it?

the girlfriend telling him or not has nothing to do with it, you have a witness who chased him down and charges have been filed.

if the guy who did it ends up in court, the judge should order him to pay restitution as part of the finding. If your dad pays for the repairs keep the receipt and bring it with you and ask for the cost of the window replacement. if questioned further you can explain if you missed work or school or whatever because of the window and attending the hearing

My fear would be her friends knowing where you live and repeating this act.

...btw this all happened on the out skirts of the hood. ....

Regina freakin' Sasketchewan has a hood?!?!?

I can just picture it.

Row after row of decrepit, boarded up crack-igloos. Outside of each, unemployed seal hunters sit on ice blocks, drinking bottles of Molson from brown paper bags.

A speeding Ski-Doo suddenly roars around the corner...a terrified teenage boy runs for his life. He falls to the ice, becoming just another grim statistic; the victim of yet one more sensless drive-by snowball bombardment.

On another corner, a pair of corrupt Mounties is busy shaking down a gang of hockey goons. At the same time, a young boy, jealous of the new mukluks worn by another boy, stabs him in the chest with an icicle.

Just another day on the mean snowmobile trails of Regina, Sasketchewan.

I can just picture it.

Row after row of decrepit, boarded up crack-igloos. Outside of each, unemployed seal hunters sit on ice blocks, drinking bottles of Molson from brown paper bags.

A speeding Ski-Doo suddenly roars around the corner...a terrified teenage boy runs for his life. He falls to the ice, becoming just another grim statistic; the victim of yet one more sensless drive-by snowball bombardment.

On another corner, a pair of corrupt Mounties is busy shaking down a gang of hockey goons. At the same time, a young boy, jealous of the new mukluks worn by another boy, stabs him in the chest with an ice pick.

I would've replaced icepick with icicle. :thumb:

I can just picture it.

On another corner, a pair of corrupt Mounties is busy shaking down a gang of hockey goons. At the same time, a young boy, jealous of the new mukluks worn by another boy, stabs him in the chest with an icicle.

ROFLROFLROFL

It's going to be tough to beat this post for the day!

Freakin' hilarious!

I can just picture it.

ROFL ROFL +!

the girlfriend telling him or not has nothing to do with it, you have a witness who chased him down and charges have been filed.

if the guy who did it ends up in court, the judge should order him to pay restitution as part of the finding. If your dad pays for the repairs keep the receipt and bring it with you and ask for the cost of the window replacement. if questioned further you can explain if you missed work or school or whatever because of the window and attending the hearing

My fear would be her friends knowing where you live and repeating this act.

I have taught young Mik well. I am soooo proud.wuv

I can just picture it.

If only one of those things were true it would be funny. Seal hunters live in the eastern part of Canada haha.

Anyways, yes Regina has a hood. According to Macleans we have the worst neighborhood in Canada. http://www.macleans.ca/article.jsp?content=20070115_139375_139375

My ex told the police she never told the guy to do it but she told my friend otherwise. Well when I was at her house sorting everything out she said she would pay for everything blah blah blah. So when I get home after all this I call and tell her I'm calling tomorrow about an estimate and ill get back to her. But now she says unless she legally has to pay for it she wont. Now is there ANYthing I can do about this, because I know for a fact she got the guy to do this, but she told the police she didn't. Thanks for your responses in advance, i'll answer questions for clarification.

Kris
What you "know for a fact" might be tough to show in a court of law. Is there any chance the person she confessed to that she arranged the windowcide would testify on your behalf..?

I don't think there is any one sure-fire solution to this case if you sued her. Some judges might put two and two together and say she arranged the whole thing and make her pay up. Other judges might tell you to go after the guy who actually did it.

Well thankfully the window is only going to be $125 to replace so my dad doesnt feel it's worth going through the big hassle of all this to get either her or the guy that did it to pay for it.

Back