OT: Should A Jar of Salsa Hiss At You When You Open It?

Babalu is more afraid of a hissing jar of salsa than he is getting cut.

REAL pasta sauce comes in a jar if you make it and can it yourself like they do in the babalu household.
Country-style ribs....... they aint just for grilling anymore

I don't buy Teh Pasta Sauce in jars either. I make it homemade :thumb:

No Muss, no Fuss, No Hissing :D

Oh man is it good when you throw country style ribs in the sauce

I like my homemade salsa too, almost as much as Semi-Homemade with Sandra Lee
WTF, is she still on? Havent seen her in a while with the influx of other hot cook show womenz

Babalu is more afraid of a hissing jar of salsa than he is getting cut.

REAL pasta sauce comes in a jar if you make it and can it yourself like they do in the babalu household.
Country-style ribs....... they aint just for grilling anymore

Or it comes in freezer safe containers! I've never canned it. Just make a huge batch and freeze it.

WTF, is she still on? Havent seen her in a while with the influx of other hot cook show womenz

I'm gonna have to remember that about the ribs when I make it next... Sounds awesome. :thumb:

I just looked up on the Santa Barbara Salsa website and I found this

http://www.sbsalsa.com/indexfaq.html

so it says anything previously opened should be "OK for 20 or so days" before it "loses [FONT=Arial,New Font,New Font,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]its bright flavor notes" ROFL

didn't say anything about hissing or fermenting :spock:
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,New Font,New Font,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,New Font,New Font,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]

[/FONT]

Maybe you gotta bad batch?
Time to make a call. So they can do a recall.:p

I'm gonna have to remember that about the ribs when I make it next... Sounds awesome. :thumb:

My wife cooks our sauce. She always puts meatballs (homemade), sausage, and pork ribs in to slo-cook for about 10 hrs.

The stuff just falls off the bone. Heaven. Pure Heaven.

Sandra Lee's size D's are still on

My wife cooks our sauce. She always puts meatballs (homemade), sausage, and pork ribs in to slo-cook for about 10 hrs.

I have a slow-cooker, but I havn't used it in quite a while...

That said, allow me to mention that you forgot to say something else:

"I like bewbies dipped in salsa" ROFL

We're having the pork in sauce for supper tonight!

Or it comes in freezer safe containers! I've never canned it. Just make a huge batch and freeze it.

I have to keep my freezer space for hops and deer meat

I'm tellin' you :grovel: at teh ribs in sauce, I literally drool thinking about it :thumb:

Based on that pic - you ever make Pasta Sauce with venison instead of beef? Good stuff :D

;)

Very
Tomato works wonders on the tough parts from the shins. Let those grisly suckers cook all day in some pasta sauce Mmmmmmmmm, Mmmmmmmmmmm GOOD!

BUT
The next little deer I "harvest" (bow, shotgun, muzzleloader, car, truck) goes in the meat grinder. The Venison Breakfast Sausage recipe I have fine tuned is the balls.

;)

Very
Tomato works wonders on the tough parts from the shins. Let those grisly suckers cook all day in some pasta sauce Mmmmmmmmm, Mmmmmmmmmmm GOOD!

BUT
The next little deer I "harvest" (bow, shotgun, muzzleloader, car, truck) goes in the meat grinder. The Venison Breakfast Sausage recipe I have fine tuned is the balls.

Sounds good!!! I honestly didn't know you could make sausage out of the balls though, but hey, I guess you can't waste parts, you know? Use every part, that's my motto... :thumb:

Maybe you gotta bad batch?
Time to make a call. So they can do a recall.:p
nah.....all these food elitists in this thread have teed me off enough saying how I should "kill and make my own" salsa and stuff, I'm just going to add what is already opened to a new jar I bought and one should cancel out the other

no harm, no foul

an walk is as good as a hit, but an out is an out in any ballpark

six of one, half dozen of the other

this meal is going to be for me only, the Mrs. RG is not having any

plus she knows they's a big Life Insurance policy on me anyways :thumb:

Sounds good!!! I honestly didn't know you could make sausage out of the balls though, but hey, I guess you can't waste parts, you know? Use every part, that's my motto... :thumb:

........ and wash it down with a glass of firewater :rimshot:

nah.....all these food elitists in this thread have teed me off enough saying how I should "kill and make my own" salsa and stuff, I'm just going to add what is already opened to a new jar I bought and one should cancel out the other

no harm, no foul

an walk is as good as a hit, but an out is an out in any ballpark

six of one, half dozen of the other

this meal is going to be for me only, the Mrs. RG is not having any

plus she knows they's a big Life Insurance policy on me anyways :thumb:

Elitist?
Surely you jest
BTW I could have called you a candy-ass for eating PEACH salsa...... thats almost as bad as

wait for it

frozen pizza:bhump:

Back