Parent Fail at teh Laundermat...

What's the proper setting for a child? I use Permanent Press but I hear Brights & Colors works better.

What's the proper setting for a child? I use Permanent Press but I hear Brights & Colors works better.
In this case, I think we can rule out anything to do with Bright. :coffee:

Unbelievable................................................:shake:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PjGtPiM_iO0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I lol'd...couldn't help it. Makes it even funnier if you listen to this while watching:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MK6TXMsvgQg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Wow. Just wow. At first I thought it was the dryer, but it's a washer. Not that it makes much difference, but holy chit. What were they thinking?

Actually the washer is worse because they lock once you turn them on..At least the dryer you can open the door right away...:doh:

In the video he posted that is a washer not a dryer.

Sammi is correct. It's a commercial grade washer, not a dryer. The little flap doors on top (where you put in detergent, bleach, and softener) are a dead giveaway. And imapig is correct in pointing out the thing about the door lock. Those front-loaders have that feature, because once the wash starts, you wouldn't want morons to try to open the door, or else the attendant would spend all night mopping the spillage off the floor.

They are lucky that the attendant stopped the machine during the pre-wash cycle. If it had reached the wash cycle, the kid might have drowned. Had he survived that and the rinse cycle (which I believe uses even more water), the spin would have turned him into mush.

As far as the story Joolz posted, something must have been lost in translation. The original story on MyFox8 also says its a washer:

WASHINGTON — Some tense moments unfolded at a laundromat after a child was placed in a washing machine by his parents.
According to video posted on YouTube, the family was joking with the child about a sign on a washing machine that read, “Junior Wash $2.95.”
The couple told the boy that they could wash him for that price and the father then proceeded to place his son inside the machine.
Once the man closed the door, the machine turned on. As the video shows, the family panicked and tried to open the doors for almost a minute before a worker was able to open the washer.
According to the YouTube post, the boy suffered only minor injuries in the ordeal. It is unknown if the parents were charged with a crime related to this incident.
This article was written by Dan Jovic and originally published by FOX8 WJW.
Wow, and now the parents will most likely sue :shake:

So the next time you guys see a warning label and ask yourself "who the **** needs to be told not to do that?"

Here you go.

The parents will likely win the lawsuit because the Laundromat Owner was negligent by not putting up signs on every washer that say: "This is NOT a ride at Magic Mountain. Please do not let your children enter the machine. And if you do, at least tell them to keep their feet and hands inside the carriage."

Poor little Darwin, Jr.... Hope he's alright.

What's really messed up is that they told this kid they were taking him to Disneyland - and he BOUGHT IT!

The Today Show reported that police came to the scene, but the parents had left for the hospital. Child Protective Services wants to get involved, but they are having difficulty locating them. Anyone hear about this part?:shrug:

The Today Show reported that police came to the scene, but the parents had left for the hospital. Child Protective Services wants to get involved, but they are having difficulty locating them. Anyone hear about this part?:shrug:

Nothing on Google News. I could only find the online Today Show news report that does confirm your info.

The family rushed out of the business after the incident while a staffer called police. The father came back an hour later to retrieve the family’s clothes and said the boy was fine. Camden police are searching for the family, and the case has been referred to the state’s Division of Youth and Family Services.

The laundermat should sue the parents for being complete idiots.

Are we going to get to the point where a sign is necessary for everything? Do we need to label bodies of water? you could drown. How about knives? they can cut you if you dont know what the phuck your doing. How about the shower? you can fall and hurt yourself.

Stairs? you could fall down them. How about food in a restaraunt? you could choke and die.

We now know after several lawsuits that coffee is hot, and hot things can burn you.

The sign in the laundermat should say:

Hey dumb motherphucker, don't put your kids in the washer or dryer.

Thank you

Hey, the hair dryer I bought in April 2011 has a tag that says "Do not use in the shower." I left it on just because it's hilarious. However, I have to point something out: I can see people using one in the tub. You are sitting down, after all, and both hands could be free. What could go wrong?:shrug: I'm absolutely certain that a Darwin Award Contestant would try it. But the shower? Come on. The water is spraying at you, thus would soak your hair again and again. That's just...stupid to try.

:coffee:

Unbelievable................................................:shake:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PjGtPiM_iO0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I cannot even make a comment on this....its too disturbing even for me.

The mother and the baby are waiting to go on The Today Show any minute! On NBC. I'm trying to get ready to leave so someone watch it!
Posted via Mobile Device

Back