Patriots accused of filming Bengals from press box - BS or fact?

Looks like the league is actually taking a logical approach to this!

MarkMaske
@MarkMaske
The NFL hopes to move quickly in its investigation of the Patriots' video. A resolution is possible this week. One source said a consideration for the league is whether the video shows anything that couldn't been seen on TV or on the coaches' tape.

It's funny how the knuckle dragging fans instantly forget that we all get tons of film of everyone's sideline every single game.

You've really provided some food for thought here, HF.

Let's review, shall we?

Your guys just got a gift-wrapped win courtesy of the NFL. We got ass-porked by the NFL like it was a shower scene from OZ. No lube, no pack of smokes.

Right now the entire world thinks we suck and can't score. Nobody is even bothering to say "maybe".

But they're all wrong. Again. This is going to be the Trojan Horse to end all Trojan Horses. We are going to sweep the table and in a few short month's time all the experts will wish they used the word "maybe" before they all shot their mouths off. Again. No cliff, no end of the trail for the Cheatin' Pats.

I really hope we get to play your guys again, but it don't really matter how it all shakes out -- the KC Chiefs are a pretty good team that won't be winning shit this season. Not quite good enough. You know it and I know it.

We'll beat anybody we have to beat wherever we have to beat them and instead of a New World Order in the AFC it's going to be meet the new boss-- same as the old boss.

Oh, and with all due respect-- go fuck yourself.

So much Win in this post. Haha

Looks like the league is actually taking a logical approach to this!

MarkMaske
@MarkMaske
The NFL hopes to move quickly in its investigation of the Patriots' video. A resolution is possible this week. One source said a consideration for the league is whether the video shows anything that couldn't been seen on TV or on the coaches' tape.

It's funny how the knuckle dragging fans instantly forget that we all get tons of film of everyone's sideline every single game.

It never ends though. If they find nothing wrong, it's just going to be a case of the NFL sweeping all of the Patriots wrong doings under the rug again.

This is such a non-issue, it's embarassing to see the hysterics out there in the media and other fanbases actually thinking this is something.

Move on.

Maybe this is all just a smoke screen while they sneak Antonio Brown in the back door.
I've been in the just say no to AB camp for the most part, but I'm pulling a 180 here, this would be just too epic.

Matt Chatham
@chatham58
·
9m
Just got thru a 1/2 of broadcast & coach’s copy of a Bengals game. Players onfield don’t look to sideline (either side of ball) for audibles/adjustments. Calls come in thru headset, shifts by other side prompt signaling between players—not w/ sideline. This whole thing is idiotic
Matt Chatham
@chatham58
·
1m
*This stuff is publicly available to all humans on video via an NFL GamePass subscription, or you can purchase a game ticket & look for yourself in person

**I read in the subscription & ticket fine print where it explains that you don’t need sources to learn these things. Yippie

Best point of view I've seen yet

Rich Hill@PP_Rich_Hill
Imagine that the Patriots staged the whole "Do Your Job" documentary series over the past few years in order to provide cover to film the Bengals sideline.
What are some other overly elaborate ways that the Patriots could be messing with other teams?

But...
Ian Rapoport@RapSheet
From NFL Now: The league feels inclined to believe the #Patriots' intentions on videotaping the #Bengals, but that doesn't necessarily mean there won't be a penalty.

Riddle me this: With the league office and all 31 opponents, continuously on full anti patriots alert, How frigging stupid must they all be for us to cheat our way to 9 appearances and 6 Superbowl Titles?

And BTW, I'm not certain, but I may simply retreat into "watch every minute with sound off" and avoid all other sports reporting, commentary, talk or contact in it's entirety. I am just so sick of the shit I pretty much can't stand it. Wimping out may be the only answer.

Matt Chatham
@chatham58
·
9m
Just got thru a 1/2 of broadcast & coach’s copy of a Bengals game. Players onfield don’t look to sideline (either side of ball) for audibles/adjustments. Calls come in thru headset, shifts by other side prompt signaling between players—not w/ sideline. This whole thing is idiotic
Matt Chatham
@chatham58
·
1m
*This stuff is publicly available to all humans on video via an NFL GamePass subscription, or you can purchase a game ticket & look for yourself in person

**I read in the subscription & ticket fine print where it explains that you don’t need sources to learn these things. Yippie

Spygate and Deflategate were also ridiculous... :coffee:

NFL probably told Babooshka to do this...and he willingly did it. Drama stirs up controversy and ratings. The NFL makes more $. All NFL teams benefit from this, including Babooshka.

Best point of view I've seen yet

Rich Hill@PP_Rich_Hill
Imagine that the Patriots staged the whole "Do Your Job" documentary series over the past few years in order to provide cover to film the Bengals sideline.
What are some other overly elaborate ways that the Patriots could be messing with other teams?

But...
Ian Rapoport@RapSheet
From NFL Now: The league feels inclined to believe the #Patriots' intentions on videotaping the #Bengals, but that doesn't necessarily mean there won't be a penalty.

Any penalty would be a fine and not draft picks.

As I thought about this issue from time to time over the day an interesting thing occurred to me. And it ends up being what is fair and just.

The rule only prohibits taping for the purposes of gaining an advantage in a game.

Since the Pats were not doing this and basically some low level videographer was shooting about 8 mins of B-roll was done for the purposes of making a show, the rule was not violated.

If I were the NFL that is how i would rule on the matter.

So, all of this BS is about a documentary based on the topic: "Do Your Job"...and the film crew doesn't know how to do theirs? :coffee:

As I thought about this issue from time to time over the day an interesting thing occurred to me. And it ends up being what is fair and just.

The rule only prohibits taping for the purposes of gaining an advantage in a game.

Since the Pats were not doing this and basically some low level videographer was shooting about 8 mins of B-roll was done for the purposes of making a show, the rule was not violated.

If I were the NFL that is how i would rule on the matter.

Dude, the people doing the videoing were affiliated with the Patriots, working for the Patriots organization. It's like the CIA infiltrating another country to spy for the US.

The sideline was filmed for a solid 8 minutes. There could only be one reason for that if the cheerleaders weren't in the clip.

Dude, the people doing the videoing were affiliated with the Patriots, working for the Patriots organization. It's like the CIA infiltrating another country to spy for the US.

The sideline was filmed for a solid 8 minutes. There could only be one reason for that if the cheerleaders weren't in the clip.

Do they have any babes on the cheerleading team? :shrug:

---------- Post added at 03:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:21 PM ----------

Babooshka was most likely the schmuck behind all of this...fine his ass.

Do they have any babes on the cheerleading team? :shrug:

Surely they do and I expect you have resources. The only team I've ever seen that has hideous Cheerleaders are my friggin Chiefs. I can't understand where in the hell they come up with that trash. I'd rather plow bigfoot.

Back