Patriots accused of filming Bengals from press box - BS or fact?

While I hope all this comes to fruition, I still remember the climate in here after the Wells Report was released and we all thought that Brady dodged a bullet.

I could see a draft pick being taken away for "repeat offender" status.

It had nothing to do with the Patriots Football Club so taking away a draft pick would be inappropriate. This was done by Kraft Productions.

While I hope all this comes to fruition, I still remember the climate in here after the Wells Report was released and we all thought that Brady dodged a bullet.

I could see a draft pick being taken away for "repeat offender" status.

I already know I a going to get hammered for this but if the league wrongly clobbers the football side, I would rather have them forfeit the Cincy game than take the draft pick. If Cincy was wronged, let Cincy and only Cincy benefit.

It had nothing to do with the Patriots Football Club so taking away a draft pick would be inappropriate. This was done by Kraft Productions.

Kraft Productions that hired some independent contractors to cover it. Normal crew was covering the game against the Chefs.

Still, it falls back on Kraft Productions for not educating the contractors on the rules. It's a stupid fuck up. Nothing more, nothing less, nothing nefarious.

98.5 just said the scout they were filming was 3 feet away in the box. He surely would know and should have said get that shit outta here.

---------- Post added at 10:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 AM ----------

Article 46.

Repeat offense(illegal filming). Scout in the box.(that knows the rule).

Another pick would PISS me off but would not surprise me at all.

I'd be shocked if they don't take a pick(s). Looking at it from the NFL's way of thinking it would otherwise give the impression that as long as you contract it out, go ahead and illegally film the sideline, it will just cost you a fine if you by chance get caught. As we know, the NFL holds the integrity of the game in high regard, or at least maintains the illusion that they do. Having the refs decide games with blatant blown or missed calls is OK though.

So let me get this straight. The Patriots think that signing AB is bad for the team but filming an upcoming opponent during a game was good for the team.

Got it.

Dumbass mistake that no one would care about if it happened to another team.

Spygate legacy unfortunately means this is a legit story.

This is unbearably stupid.

It pains me to even try to formulate some kind of thought on the topic.

This all plays into the tortured psyche of all those mental midgets out there who cannot handle the fact that we are good to great every single year and their peanut-sized brains must find an explanation that is less taxing than the truth, which is that we work harder and smarter than everybody else.

Fuck 'em all.

So let me get this straight. BABOOSHKA thinks that signing AB is bad for the team but filming an upcoming opponent during a game was good for the team.

Got it.

AB hurt his feels...

---------- Post added at 09:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 AM ----------

What if they decide that BB should be suspended for a year for it though?

AB hurt his feels...

---------- Post added at 09:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 AM ----------

What if they decide that BB should be suspended for a year for it though?

BB had no knowledge of it and it wasn’t connected to football operations.

They could suspend Kraft. Maybe that’d be best lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

F Shannon! and as a Chiefs fan how could you listen to that jackass - I refuse too.

Well I sure didn't like him when he was a Bronco but He and Skip (who loves the Pats) are entertaining as hell. You should watch the video, it's a good one.

Well I sure didn't like him when he was a Bronco but He and Skip (who loves the Pats) are entertaining as hell. You should watch the video, it's a good one.

Of course you like Skip Bayless. Fucking troglodyte.

---------- Post added at 02:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 PM ----------

From Jeff Howe:

"The Patriots advance scout arrived at FirstEnergy Stadium about three hours before the game. During the time before kickoff, the Patriots’ production crew interviewed the scout on camera. As part of the interview, the scout went through some bullet points about his normal activity on game days, including what he examines during games. A portion of his game-day studies include notes on the sideline, which is permissible by NFL rules and routine scouting activity for teams league-wide.

After the conclusion of the interview, the production crew shot B-roll – alternative video footage that airs over an interview – from the press box. The scout was assigned one seat in the third row, and the video crew was assigned one seat next to him. They shot some B-roll of the scout from next to him before the game and then into the first quarter. Because the scout was the subject of those candid shots, he was going about his business and attempting to block them out of his sightline to try to deflect the attention of having a production crew following him around in a work environment.

From there, the crew maneuvered about the press box and shot more B-roll of the scout, including some shots over his shoulder. Then the videographer relocated to the front row to an unoccupied section of the press box, with the producer stationed behind the camera.

From the scout’s location in the third row, he eventually noticed the crew had moved locations but couldn’t decipher what the crew had been shooting due to the angle between them. The scout was handling his own game-day job responsibilities."

Well fuck me. How am I ever going to explain this tragedy to my son when he is old enough to understand? Will he even want me as a father since I'm a Patriots fans and they do such awful things?

An important part of Jeff Howe's article you left out

The camera was attached to a monitor, so anyone in close proximity could see what the crew was shooting. And for eight minutes while the camera was fixed on the Bengals sideline, a Bengals employee recorded video of that monitor before reporting the activity to security.

Bengals employee "I GOTCHA, BELICHICK"!

An important part of Jeff Howe's article you left out

The camera was attached to a monitor, so anyone in close proximity could see what the crew was shooting. And for eight minutes while the camera was fixed on the Bengals sideline, a Bengals employee recorded video of that monitor before reporting the activity to security.

Bengals employee "I GOTCHA, BELICHICK"!

I know. I felt a bit guilty putting anything here at all since his story is on The Athletic.

I was over to Chiefs Planet trying to explain to them we might want to let the facts come in before we decide on if what happens was as bad as some think.

They seemed not to agree with me on the matter.

As for here, my guess is that we are going to find out this has much to do about nothing. I could be wrong, but time will tell.

I was over to Chiefs Planet trying to explain to them we might want to let the facts come in before we decide on if what happens was as bad as some think.

They seemed not to agree with me on the matter.

As for here, my guess is that we are going to find out this has much to do about nothing. I could be wrong, but time will tell.

rules were broken so,

1. the Pats org filmed the field and sideline of an active game from the press box which is absolutely forbidden under current league rules. The Pats org, the Kraft Productions arm, will definitely be fined.
2. Kraft will also pay a fine personally.
3. the Browns allowed the filming of the scout to occur without notifying the Bengals or the NFL of it. That's against league rules. The Browns will get a lesser fine.

Back