Patriots acquire Mingo from Browns

Undertaker #59*

Car'a'carn
Staff member
Reaction score
Report: Browns trade Barkevious Mingo to Patriots
Dan Wilkins Aug 25, 2016 14:02
The Cleveland Browns have traded 2013 first-round pick Barkevious Mingo to the New England Patriots, reports Adam Schefter of ESPN.

Sent from my Enigma Device

The Cleveland Browns have traded 2013 first-round pick Barkevious Mingo to the New England Patriots, reports Adam Schefter of ESPN.

Bark @ the moon! He has some serious talent!!!!

---------- Post added at 12:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 PM ----------

And the Pats will prolly just get hosed on their 1st round pick via Rodger/Dodger anyway... :coffee:

What are the Pats giving up - any word?

Love this. His potential is huge here, and he's kind of an athletic freak.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

How can people be so stoked when there's no idea what we're giving up?

BB always wins these trades. :coffee:

Mingo joins Dion Lewis and Jabaal Sheard who also came from the Browns. Michael Lombardi was GM for the Browns while all 3 were there.
Dots connected.

My honest thought is--- how many edge defenders does this team need?

Mingo hasn't done anything approaching justifying his 6th overall selection in 2013 since he collected 3 sacks in his first 3 NFL games.

He was supposed to be an edge rusher, but he's totaled only 7 sacks in 3 seasons.

One common opinion is that he was too light and played at 227 last year. In the offseason he started training at the home of a female bodybuilder, eating about 6000 calories a day and he recently weighed in at 251 and is supposedly ripped without touching PEDs.

That didn't seem to help him in Cleveland, but maybe Bill will figure out a way to get some productive snaps out of him.

I wonder who will get cut to make room for him assuming he makes the 53?

Think he will fit in good here, as belichick will no how to utilize his skills

46 games in cleveland 7 sacks 68 tackles and 1 int

I bet he asked Sheard what he thought of him...and Mike Lombodami.

---------- Post added at 12:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 PM ----------

BB always wins these trades. :coffee:

via message/boards:

"Why do I get the feeling this will work out in the Patriots favor?"

Because he should replace the lost production from Chandler Jones. I can't imagine BB giving up the farm for him either.
WTF?

Jones had more sacks last year than Mingo's had in his 3 year career.

Back