Patriots acquire Mingo from Browns

I wonder who going to get cut . Now that they traded for Mingo. NInK probably go on the pup list. Don't need to rush him back from triceps injury

I wonder who going to get cut . Now that they traded for Mingo. NInK probably go on the pup list. Don't need to rush him back from triceps injury
I thought only Lewis, Vollmer, Amendola and Jackson were still on PUP?

He has practiced this camp hasn't he? Tore that tricept earley August? If so, not eligible for pup.

Mingo Mango Mongo

I'm so happy in the Jungle

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/VEyDNTLlRgU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Cheers, BostonTim

Interesting comment by Reiss

9. With the Patriots acquiring Mingo from the Browns on Thursday, I don’t think it’s a major stretch to draw a link to Collins in this sense; when the Patriots drafted Collins in 2013, they believed unique athletes like him don’t come around often, and it was worth the relatively modest gamble to see how he’d grow in their system. It’s easy to forget now, but Collins played only 25 percent of the defensive snaps his first season. As for Mingo, he might have been a disappointment in Cleveland, but no one is questioning that he has rare athletic traits. How that athleticism fits in New England from a football perspective will be intriguing to watch, just as it initially was with Collins.

Interesting comparison to Collins. Way to early to think he'll work out to be the same type of player, but the idea is drool

2008 was a long time ago. :coffee:

(They keep handing out Ty Law's number, but Mayo's is the one they should hold out?)
I am not a big "retire the # it is tehsacred!111!!" person AT ALL, believe me. not even #12.
I just want it held out for a season. And yeah Mayo over Law even though the skillset says the reverse. It's more about the "Patriotness" of the guy not the absolute level of talent or play of the player.

Interesting comment by Reiss

Interesting comparison to Collins. Way to early to think he'll work out to be the same type of player, but the idea is drool

If this kid is anything like Collins then the Pats have hit the jackpot. It will be fun to see how they play him.

Back