Patriots acquire Mingo from Browns

We don't exactly know what his injury was, but initial reports had it as plantar faciitis which is not something you'd incur from one practice. Maybe that would qualify as a NFI injury. Beats me, but if my point was really that we don't know if they really want to keep Cooper.

Having had plantar fascitis, it can be overcome when recognized and treated. Only takes a little time and Cooper has been at it for 5 weeks already.

(trying not to thread jack)

When I read the title, I didn't see Mingo, I seen Mongo. As in Mongo from Blazing Saddles

1280x720-pF7.jpg

Probably be a good football player.

My post was made in response to the post that claimed, "he should replace the lost production from Chandler Jones".

I haven't seen anything that says he can. Despite his "spice" episode, Jones was really good.

FWIW, I'd be very happy to be wrong about this and see Mingo pressure the QB and get double digit sacks this year.

Jones would have made a prototypical Bill.

Hot outta the gates. Great September and October.

Then the fade.

Will they be playing him at OLB or DE. Hopefully he works out as good as Sheard.

My post was made in response to the post that claimed, "he should replace the lost production from Chandler Jones".

I haven't seen anything that says he can. Despite his "spice" episode, Jones was really good.

FWIW, I'd be very happy to be wrong about this and see Mingo pressure the QB and get double digit sacks this year.

I don't think we got him to replace Jones. I think Bill's plan is to have a ton of DE ends across the line and then line them up all over (he has had Long playing inside against the guard) so defenses cannot match up properly. You know Bill likes to keep them guessing. This kid is athletic and could play OLB and cover as he has great speed like Collins or play at DE given our injuries to DE in particular I can see why he traded for him. Happy we only gave a 5th but this kid played for the Brownies so I give him a bit of a pass for not playing up to expectations. It will be fun to see what Bill will do with him.

Mingo just pawn in game of life.

Bravo. :)

Hope you don't mind spoiling your subtlety. (oops some one beat me to it. ROFL)

Beans, horses and philosophy.

Just love the film.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/SKRma7PDW10" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Cheers, BostonTim

(trying not to thread jack)

When I read the title, I didn't see Mingo, I seen Mongo. As in Mongo from Blazing Saddles

1280x720-pF7.jpg

Probably be a good football player.

He's in the Iowa and College Football HOFs.

I don't think we got him to replace Jones. I think Bill's plan is to have a ton of DE ends across the line and then line them up all over (he has had Long playing inside against the guard) so defenses cannot match up properly. You know Bill likes to keep them guessing. This kid is athletic and could play OLB and cover as he has great speed like Collins or play at DE given our injuries to DE in particular I can see why he traded for him. Happy we only gave a 5th but this kid played for the Brownies so I give him a bit of a pass for not playing up to expectations. It will be fun to see what Bill will do with him.
IIRC isn't this how The Gints beat us in 2007?

Close.

From Reiss

In New England, coordinator Matt Patricia runs a multiple defensive scheme that former linebacker Jerod Mayo recently described as a 5-2. What that means is they essentially have two big-bodied defensive tackles in the middle and then five hybrid defensive end/linebacker types around them.

Mingo projects to fit somewhere into the group of five hybrids in the base defense, and perhaps could find a specialized role as a sub-package pass-rusher (e.g. could he duplicate Mark Anderson, who emerged from the scrap heap with a 10-sack season in 2011?). The Patriots were in sub packages more than 70 percent of the time last season, which is a growing trend in the NFL.

BB wants all of his front 7 to be able to play more than just one position effectively. A DT can play DE, a DE to be able to play both DT and LB, a LB to be able to play DE, ILB that can play OLB...and vice versa.

At least that is what I'm going to believe. :coffee:

Back