Patriots = America's Team?

MontanaBrady

Reaction score
https://youtu.be/Cyr5BMpjzZg?t=13m40s
(Not sure how to directly embed a vid)

Listen to what Stephen A Smith says. I feel he nailed it.

Perhaps a silly question, but do you agree that the Patriots should be considered America's Team? I do. Perhaps from this point forward we should all go out of our way when talking about the Pats in public to referring to them as "America's Team." We can spread the word and maybe ultimately start becoming apart of that conversation. After all, what have the Girls done to be considered the team of America? I feel the Patriots deserve that title a hell of a lot more.

CHEATRIOTS CHEATRIOTS CHEATRIOTS

I have felt this way for a long time. The Patriots supplanted the 'Boys a long time ago when they did not just sit back with their 3 titles in 4 years and make the organization completely about marketing and money grabs ala Jerry Jones for the last 20 years. The standard the Patriots have set is the highest standard the NFL has ever known in the toughest era. To do what they have done consistently takes a lot of ego checking at the door and compromise to ensure the greatest owner, GM/coach, and QB stayed together to make this run a possibility. And really Kraft deserves the most credit. He could have easily morphed into Jerry's World and didn't.

I don't think any team should be "America's Team". That label is one reason why I hate Dallas so much. There are certainly teams that attract more attention and higher ratings than others, but that doesn't mean that they are beloved across the land.

The only label that matters is "Super Bowl Champion".

"America's Team" was some cold war BS propaganda.

It was a thing of that time. Unless you go back & change history, Dallas will always be "America's Team"

There is no "America's Team" now. It's two meaningless words that people throw out there for no real reason.

I don't think any team should be "America's Team". That label is one reason why I hate Dallas so much. There are certainly teams that attract more attention and higher ratings than others, but that doesn't mean that they are beloved across the land.

The only label that matters is "Super Bowl Champion".

I agree. Dallas looks silly claiming to be America's Team when they haven't won anything in so long. It makes Jerrah look like the arrogant man he is.

When the Pats won their 1st SB after 9/11 and Kraft proclaimed "We are all patriots", that seemed appropriate at the time given the circumstances. I don't think that is appropriate now - I shuddered when he said it after the SB 2 yrs ago - much less being labeled America's Team. No thanks. The arrogance of it invites hatred.

Dallas earned this title in the 70's when sales of their merchandise topped all other teams.

It is good for the Pats to be called America's Team if for nothing else because it trolls Cowboys fans. They wear that moniker like a badge of honor despite being a horrible to mediocre team for the last two decades.

---------- Post added at 09:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 AM ----------

Exactly. The Pats belong to the city of New England.

Nice troll of Yackky. :clap:

The "America's Team" label, to me, is a team in which everyone in America is gonna watch whether you love them or hate them.

Every league has one.

Right now you could say in the NFL it's the Patriots. I, personally don't like it, but by pure definition, it's unfortunately true

I also see this "America's Team" team thing as a Dallas owned proprietary Signature.

It's theirs for marketing purposes. When more people laugh at the thought than submit to it, they might abandon it. Or stash it away until years like this one, when they can trot it back out and sell more general gear and more "America's Team" gear.

As so many have said, let them have it. We'll just keep winning.

PS. I do agree with Mazz - IF the thing had any real meaning, the Pats would be it for the duration of Brady/Belichick, if not "and beyond".

Cheers, BostonTim

I hate to look ahead, but a Patriots/Cowboys SB would be the most watched SB ever and that rating number may never be broken

Lulz.

No seriously the rest of us hate the Patriots and this idea is silly.

Same can be said about the Cowboys. The America's Team thing is a media term. Not saying they haven't earned the right to be called that, but by the pure definition it's a team where everyone will watch, regardless of fan affiliation.

I mean, their Training Camp gets more coverage (it even leads ESPN) more than some teams get, period. Even when they stink

There was a time here where all you got for the 4pm game was the Cowboys. They're on EVERY Thanksgiving, it's a staple of our TV viewing holiday pleasure.

People who hate watch the Patriots are morons. That pays off like what? Three or four times a year?

Back