Patriots = America's Team?

Lulz.

No seriously the rest of us hate the Patriots and this idea is silly.

Exactly what I thought about the Cowboys when they coined that term in the 70's.

There's a reason why whenever you go to a Pats road game there are thousands upon thousands of Pats fans. There are only a few teams that can do that (Patriots, Steelers, Cowboys and Packers). Those four teams are heads and shoulders above anyone when it comes to a national fanbase.

I never said there weren't a lot of them, just that the people who do are idiots.

If you're in to hate watching, pick a team like the Dolphins which pays off quite often.

That's kind of my point

Nobody wants to see a Dolphins/Lions SB

Packers/Cowboys vs Patriots/Steelers: any of those combinations would be huge and way more people will watch that because these are the 4 teams right now that have the huge fan base following and hate factor.

That's kind of my point

Nobody wants to see a Dolphins/Lions SB

Packers/Cowboys vs Patriots/Steelers: any of those combinations would be huge and way more people will watch that because these are the 4 teams right now that have the huge fan base following and hate factor.

I'd add Seahawks so Packers/Cowboys/Seahawks vs Patriots/Steelers

I hate to look ahead, but a Patriots/Cowboys SB would be the most watched SB ever and that rating number may never be broken

Could you picture the look on Jerry Jones' face, if the Pats beat the Cowboys in the superbowl, and then Kraft calls the Pats, America's Team?

ROFL

Yeah, but no one will care about the Seahawks anymore in 5 years.

Yeah. Once Lynch retired they were never the same. They have not replaced enough parts to be a top contender anymore. They benefited this year from Arizona falling off a cliff and drawing the Lions in the WC. I fully expect the Falcons to blow their doors off.

Back