Patriots fans sue Roger Goodell

Patriots-Lifer

Live the life you've dreamed
Reaction score
http://blog.masslive.com/patriots/2016/04/new_england_patriots_fans_defl.html

By Kevin Duffy | krduffy@masslive.com
Follow on Twitter
on April 05, 2016 at 4:25 PM, updated April 05, 2016 at 4:30 PM
In the latest edition of Yes, this actually happened in Deflategate, a group of New England Patriots fans have filed a lawsuit against the NFL in federal court, asking a judge to return the franchise's 2016 first-round draft pick.

The lawsuit claims Patriots fans "will suffer irreparable injury by being deprived of their team's first-round draft choice." It also claims emotional distress, breach of contract, fraud and violation of the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations (RICO) Act.

It's a doozy.

Deadspin has an embed of the full lawsuit, a 15-page document filed by seven fans from Massachusetts, Connecticut, Florida and New Jersey.

Just add this to a long list of bizarre occurrences since the January 2015 birth of Deflategate.

3 comments

Post comment as...
Newest | Oldest
Leaderofthe53Percent

OK now we're jus being childish and ridiculous . . .

Its Good to be a Gangsta

Just another chapter in the saga that is the idiocy of the New England fan base. The thing hasn't even gotten through appeals court yet. Not to mention they have no cause of action since the "property" that was lost wasn't theirs to begin with.

Jim Pignatiello | jim.pignatiello@masslive.com

Ohhhhhhh-Kay

We should establish a "Go Fund Me" to sponsor the lawyers in the lawsuit.

When are fans going to learn. You can't sue the league to reverse a judgement.

I'll spring for a bullet.....

King, I think this is more about trying to embarrass the NFL than anything else.

They haven't a hope in hell of course, but the publicity will be good to highlight the bogus decision.

Roger is really under the kosh from the general public. Fox dedicated a story tp the reaction he got from legions of disgruntled fans when he announced the Thursday game being streamed on Twitter next season. It was first tweet in a long time and Fox published some of the tamer tweets from a wide cross section of fans. Wasn't just Pats fans either of course, it was disgruntled St. Louis fans, fans concerned about concussion and the NFL cover up, fans lambasting him over domestic violence, disgruntled Browns fans over Josh Gordon, KC Chief fans and many many more.

Bit of course, as long as the league keeps making the greedy owners wealthier, Roger can and will do whatever the hell he likes.

This is a dumb lawsuit for sure. I'm almost of a mind to say the hell with the lost picks and see the Pats remain competitive, or better in spite of all the BS.

not a chance of ever winning or even making it to trial. Too bad, would have loved to see it get to discovery. Must be nice to have time and money though.

not a chance of ever winning or even making it to trial. Too bad, would have loved to see it get to discovery. Must be nice to have time and money though.

The money must be coming from the Connecticut division!!

The money must be coming from the Connecticut division!!

Easy, Sparky. I take offense to the whole "CT isn't part of New England" comments. Don't put this ludicrous lawsuit on us.

I disagree with the publicity. I think it brings more negative publicity to the fanbase than it does to the NFL.

This is a dumb lawsuit for sure. I'm almost of a mind to say the hell with the lost picks and see the Pats remain competitive, or better in spite of all the BS.

Yup.

And honestly it just makes all Pats fans look bad. Not because there isn't merit, but because the lawsuit is obviously never going to win and some of the language used in it filing is pretty lame.

Yup.

And honestly it just makes all Pats fans look bad. Not because there isn't merit, but because the lawsuit is obviously never going to win and some of the language used in it filing is pretty lame.

It was only 7 fans though and one was from FL. If this happened to the Ratbirds, Dolts or Seachickens, it would have been 700,000.

Back