Patriots Offseason 2022

Impression? Not really, hell tune into WEEI for ten minutes and you can hear Wiggy, aka"South Boston dumb", talking about how Mac should be traded, and then you have the other Horse toothed TE Christian Fauria proclaiming Macs going to regress in year two. Then on the other end of the dial you've got Manbaby Felger and his loser side kick claiming that Mac is second worst QB in the entire AFC. These are the local media heads, I'm not even talking about the National ones, so to answer your question, NO IT'S NOT MY IMPRESSION AND YES THERE'S PLENTY TO BACK IT UP.

What....so you're going to cap whip me now because you got all worked up listening to 'EEI? What did you expect? Fair and balanced wisdom?

Why don't you get back to me when somebody who has half a clue starts dumping on Mac Jones. Maybe Pat Kirwan or Boomer. A Manning or two. Hell, I'd even accept Troy Aikman and he's had
about 40 concussions.

Thank you for providing "plenty" to back it up, but citing the opinions of Boston Sports Talk Radio as "the consensus around the league" is.....ahhhhh..... a bit of a stretch. To be kind.

Thanks for playing, though!

Impression? Not really, hell tune into WEEI for ten minutes and you can hear Wiggy, aka"South Boston dumb", talking about how Mac should be traded, and then you have the other Horse toothed TE Christian Fauria proclaiming Macs going to regress in year two. Then on the other end of the dial you've got Manbaby Felger and his loser side kick claiming that Mac is second worst QB in the entire AFC. These are the local media heads, I'm not even talking about the National ones, so to answer your question, NO IT'S NOT MY IMPRESSION AND YES THERE'S PLENTY TO BACK IT UP.

Touching on your last sentence, "NO IT'S NOT MY IMPRESSION AND YES THERE'S PLENTY TO BACK IT UP" ...

This seems to be the most important element of the Mac Jones discussion. Individuals in the media will have their opinions, some will be more valid/informed/grounded in reality than others. But ultimately they're just opinions, and what is relevant are the facts and evidence those opinions are based on. I don't really care what a media personality (or anyone, for that matter) thinks about Mac Jones, because someone thinking it doesn't make it so, good of bad. What makes something real is, well, the reality of it (facts/objective evidence).

So let's leave media personalities out of this, because they aren't really relevant. Circling back to your final sentence: can you provide some of the "plenty" that backs-up your impression that Mac Jones is, "just as limited as Tua, arm talent wise"? Any evidence? Ball velocity, physical anatomy, throwing mechanics, anything? If you were a credentialed throwing coach and came here laying out a thoughtful and detailed analysis that Mac is at his physical ceiling (which I don't think he is, but hypothetically speaking) and provided evidence and your expertise to backup your claim that Mac Jones isn't any good, and here is why, you'd probably be taken more seriously.

Seems to me that if there is "plenty" to backup the claim that Mac Jones isn't all that good and won't get any better, you would be able to provide some evidence to that end. I'll be curious if you can provide any, beyond just your opinion that he isn't that good (which you're entitled to believe, but it doesn't automatically make you right, and in the absence of evidence, shouldn't be held in equal/higher regard than anyone else's opinion).

Last edited:
What....so you're going to cap whip me now because you got all worked up listening to 'EEI? What did you expect? Fair and balanced wisdom?

Why don't you get back to me when somebody who has half a clue starts dumping on Mac Jones. Maybe Pat Kirwan or Boomer. A Manning or two. Hell, I'd even accept Troy Aikman and he's had
about 40 concussions.

Thank you for providing "plenty" to back it up, but citing the opinions of Boston Sports Talk Radio as "the consensus around the league" is.....ahhhhh..... a bit of a stretch. To be kind.

Kick his ass Hawg :mad-new:

about 40 concussions.

Please, you made a snide remark like I was making things up, and I responded with just a couple of the many sources that are out there in the media saying exactly what I claimed. Sorry to hurt your feelings, but most of us have heard the same criticisms of Mac from various media outlets, just because you don't like doesn't mean it isn't happening. You want to puff up everytime you hear something you don't like, I'd suggest you grow thicker skin. Ever hear the term "don't kill the messenger "?

Touching on your last sentence, "NO IT'S NOT MY IMPRESSION AND YES THERE'S PLENTY TO BACK IT UP" ...

This seems to be the most important element of the Mac Jones discussion. Individuals in the media will have their opinions, some will be more valid/informed/grounded in reality than others. But ultimately they're just opinions, and what is relevant is the facts and evidence those opinions are based on. I don't really care what a media personality (or anyone, for that matter) thinks about Mac Jones, because someone thinking it doesn't make it so, good of bad. What makes something real is, well, the reality of it (facts/objective evidence).

So let's leave media personalities out of this, because they aren't really relevant. Circling back to your final sentence: can you provide some of the "plenty" that backs-up your impression that Mac Jones is, "just as limited as Tua, arm talent wise"? Any evidence? Ball velocity, physical anatomy, throwing mechanics, anything? If you were a credentialed throwing coach and came here laying out a thoughtful and detailed analysis that Mac is at his physical ceiling (which I don't think he is, but hypothetically speaking) and provided evidence and your expertise to backup your claim that Mac Jones isn't any good, and here is why, you'd probably be taken more seriously.

Seems to me that if there is "plenty" to backup the claim that Mac Jones isn't all that good and won't get any better, you would be able to provide some evidence to that end. I'll be curious if you can provide any, beyond just your opinion that he isn't that good (which you're entitled to believe, but it doesn't automatically make you right, and in the absence of evidence, shouldn't be held in equal/higher regard than anyone else's opinion).Learn

This seems to be the most important element of the Mac Jones discussion. Individuals in the media will have their opinions, some will be more valid/informed/grounded in reality than others. But ultimately they're just opinions, and what is relevant is the facts and evidence those opinions are based on. I don't really care what a media personality (or anyone, for that matter) thinks about Mac Jones, because someone thinking it doesn't make it so, good of bad. What makes something real is, well, the reality of it (facts/objective evidence).

Seems to me that if there is "plenty" to backup the claim that Mac Jones isn't all that good and won't get any better, you would be able to provide some evidence to that end. I'll be curious if you can provide any, beyond just your opinion that he isn't that good (which you're entitled to believe, but it doesn't automatically make you right, and in the absence of evidence, shouldn't be held in equal/higher regard than anyone else's opinion).
Learn to read, I wasn't agreeing and don't agree with the criticisms, I was simply responding th the internet tough guy that claimed these things weren't being said. The fact is this is being said and we've all heard it. Hopefull Mac makes them all eat their words this year, but pretending there isn't criticism is just foolish.

Keep in mind the local talk shows say things to generate calls and controversy. If they really feel that way - or it is pre-planned— I couldn’t tell you
as Felager has said many times on his show (paraphrasing) “we have 4 hours, 5 days a week to fill time. If we just praise the pats how much time is that going to fill up”.
they know negative “sells” (unfortunately)

Please, you made a snide remark like I was making things up, and I responded with just a couple of the many sources that are out there in the media saying exactly what I claimed. Sorry to hurt your feelings, but most of us have heard the same criticisms of Mac from various media outlets, just because you don't like doesn't mean it isn't happening. You want to puff up everytime you hear something you don't like, I'd suggest you grow thicker skin. Ever hear the term "don't kill the messenger "?
Dude, you said the national opinion was yadda yadda and when questioned, you quoted WEEI, Jermaine Wiggins and Mike Felger. What do you expect people to say? You didn't hurt anyone's feelings. People are just responding to stuff like, "Folk music is more popular than rock & roll and rap combined right now all over the world. How do I know? I saw an article about clogging in the eastern Kentucky Appalachian Times about how popular folk music was these days." It's total nonsense as is the idea that Wiggins and Felger are some kind of national barometer.

Sorry , but you want to puff up everytime you hear something you don't like, I'd suggest you grow thicker skin. Ever hear the term "don't kill the messenger "?

Keep in mind the local talk shows say things to generate calls and controversy. If they really feel that way - or it is pre-planned— I couldn’t tell you
as Felager has said many times on his show (paraphrasing) “we have 4 hours, 5 days a week to fill time. If we just praise the pats how much time is that going to fill up”.
Yeah, this. It's all about the clicks.

Impression? Not really, hell tune into WEEI for ten minutes and you can hear Wiggy, aka"South Boston dumb", ...
Wiggy may not be at home in Southie. But he is East Boston dumb.

Cheers

Dude, you said the national opinion was yadda yadda and when questioned, you quoted WEEI, Jermaine Wiggins and Mike Felger. What do you expect people to say? You didn't hurt anyone's feelings. People are just responding to stuff like, "Folk music is more popular than rock & roll and rap combined right now all over the world. How do I know? I saw an article about clogging in the eastern Kentucky Appalachian Times about how popular folk music was these days." It's total nonsense as is the idea that Wiggins and Felger are some kind of national barometer.

Sorry , but you want to puff up everytime you hear something you don't like, I'd suggest you grow thicker skin. Ever hear the term "don't kill the messenger "?
I did? Mind showing me were I said "National" media? I said around the League, which we've all heard the same kinds of things being said. So where am I wrong exactly? Talk about puffing up, you can't even read, and have no idea what you're even arguing about?

I did? Mind showing me were I said "National" media? I said around the League, which we've all heard the same kinds of things being said. So where am I wrong exactly? Talk about puffing up, you can't even read, and have no idea what you're even arguing about?
His draft report noted his arm strength as well as being an issue.

This is all true but Boston media takes it to a new level. It's one think to be critical and another to flat out attack and actively root against the organizations and fans of the region you're covering. This really goes back to Bill when he took over and basically shut the media down, prior to that Pete Carrol let the local media run wild like they were more important than the team itself, guys like Ron Borgus and the Red Headed step child pitched a fit when Bill came in and started restricting access to the team and would answer their inflammatory questions.

This is all true but Boston media takes it to a new level. It's one think to be critical and another to flat out attack and actively root against the organizations and fans of the region you're covering. This really goes back to Bill when he took over and basically shut the media down, prior to that Pete Carrol let the local media run wild like they were more important than the team itself, guys like Ron Borgus and the Red Headed step child pitched a fit when Bill came in and started restricting access to the team and would answer their inflammatory questions.
definitely different from media here w/browns. a lot of the guys on radio at least are fans of the team, and i wouldn't say they are overly negative.

I just have to know, are you from South Boston?

He's in Ireland and Wiggy is from East Boston, if it matters.

You're the dude that comes on like a cranky bastard always spouting nonsense and getting in pointless squabbles
so don't jump on my shit for getting tired of it. You just wasted a paragraph's worth of electrons defending a stupid point. Stupid. Point.

So, you hate sports talk radio. Good. There's some ground for mutual understanding but don't act like Wiggy and Fauria aren't
airwave whores trying their best to push everybody's buttons to get ratings. Their opinions on most everything are based on the Felger principle:

Piss people off in every possible way every day and you get paid for being a prick.

I'm not the least bit worried about Mac Jones and his future in this league and it's going to be fun to watch him shut even
more people up. You want to trash him then be my guest, but don't expect it'll go smooth. A lot of us like the kid and believe
he's just getting started.

definitely different from media here w/browns. a lot of the guys on radio at least are fans of the team, and i wouldn't say they are overly negative.
I don't think it's possible to be overly negative with the Browns.

He's in Ireland and Wiggy is from East Boston, if it matters.

You're the dude that comes on like a cranky bastard always spouting nonsense and getting in pointless squabbles
so don't jump on my shit for getting tired of it. You just wasted a paragraph's worth of electrons defending a stupid point. Stupid. Point.

So, you hate sports talk radio. Good. There's some ground for mutual understanding but don't act like Wiggy and Fauria aren't
airwave whores trying their best to push everybody's buttons to get ratings. Their opinions on most everything are based on the Felger principle:

Piss people off in every possible way every day and you get paid for being a prick.

I'm not the least bit worried about Mac Jones and his future in this league and it's going to be fun to watch him shut even
more people up. You want to trash him then be my guest, but don't expect it'll go smooth. A lot of us like the kid and believe
he's just getting started.
Don't mean to contribute to the Mazzhysteria, but remember it took seemingly forever For TFB to finally (and totally) shut everyone up.

So, patience grasshoppers!

Cheers, bostonTim

Back