Patriots Snap Brutal 11-Month Streak Of Not Making Playoffs

Undertaker #59*

Car'a'carn
Staff member
Reaction score
https://thekicker.com/patriots-snap-brutal-11-month-streak-of-not-making-playoffs/

The drought is over. After 11 months of waiting, the New England Patriots are finally headed back to the playoffs.

“We want to thank our fans for sticking with us all this time,” said quarterback Tom Brady. “You guys never gave up hope, and that means a lot to us.”

The 11-month streak of not making the playoffs matched the longest one that the Patriots have endured since 2008.

“Has it been hard? Of course it’s been hard,” said wide receiver Julian Edelman. “We want to be out there, having a first round bye, beating some wild card team, playing more games and probably cruising to the Super Bowl. To go almost a whole year without doing that, well, I don’t know if anybody can quite imagine what that’s like.”

When asked how he felt about the Patriots ending their drought, head coach Bill Belichick simply said, “Yes.”

Boston hasn't had a duck boat parade in nearly 2 years. Think of all the babies that have not been alive for a championship.

There are probably a bunch of band wagon fans from week 4 that have no idea how long 11 months without a playoff is.

It seems like it's a very long time. I remember saying back in May 2016, "please God, can we just make the playoffs this year".

Look at all that's happened since the last time we made the playoffs. I mean, even the Cubs won a World Series. BB was saying at the beginning and mid season "we have to coach better, play better, in all 3 phases of the game."

With the Colts dumpster fire added to the arrogant Cowboys fans I have to endure, I find myself rooting for the Pats.

Don't tell anyone. :blink:

As you are a former Marine, I'm not about to tell you that you're wrong. 😆

---------- Post added at 07:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:03 PM ----------

It seems like it's a very long time. I remember saying back in May 2016, "please God, can we just make the playoffs this year".

Look at all that's happened since the last time we made the playoffs. I mean, even the Cubs won a World Series. BB was saying at the beginning and mid season "we have to coach better, play better, in all 3 phases of the game."

Have you bugged out on starting karma threads btw? Going into the playoffs, we really need to appease the karma gods.

As you are a former Marine, I'm not about to tell you that you're wrong. 😆

---------- Post added at 07:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:03 PM ----------

Have you bugged out on starting karma threads btw? Going into the playoffs, we really need to appease the karma gods.
I started to run out of karma thingys. A little help would be nice. My back hurts from carrying this board all year.

Back