Patriots vs Browns :Sunday at 1:00pm Game Thread

Zappe was outstanding today. In fact, that's probably selling him short. I can't wait to see Lazar or some of the smart guys breaking down that performance, but.......when is the last time you saw that many Patriots wiiiiiiiide open?

Are the Browns that bad? Is Zappe that good? Is Matt Patricia actually a very good play-caller?

Zappe's throws look better and better. He threw about a dozen absolute dimes. His timing within the offense is so good and he made the play-actions and screens work very smoothly.

I'm not saying Bill should bench Mac when he's ready and hand the job to the kid, but I we definitely don't want to take any chances with that ankle. Maybe he should be week-to-week for the next month or so to see if the kid cools off.

His movement in the pocket was outstanding today. I'd love to see the split stats between Zappe and the next-best rookie QB. He's becoming a big story around the league.

Zappe was outstanding today. In fact, that's probably selling him short. I can't wait to see Lazar or some of the smart guys breaking down that performance, but.......when is the last time you saw that many Patriots wiiiiiiiide open?

Are the Browns that bad? Is Zappe that good? Is Matt Patricia actually a very good play-caller?

Zappe's throws look better and better. He threw about a dozen absolute dimes. His timing within the offense is so good and he made the play-actions and screens work very smoothly.

I'm not saying Bill should bench Mac when he's ready and hand the job to the kid, but I we definitely don't want to take any chances with that ankle. Maybe he should be week-to-week for the next month or so to see if the kid cools off.

His movement in the pocket was outstanding today. I'd love to see the split stats between Zappe and the next-best rookie QB. He's becoming a big story around the league.

I was afraid of this.

You're not wrong, but uggg...

If Mac comes back and struggles again...Zap/E will be ready.

Thornton coming back helped the offense a lot IMO. Parker is playing better now. Smith had a few decent plays. Henry was OK. The offense was running pretty dang well today.

To me there are 2 reasons that the offense has been much better the last couple of games. First is the play of the OL. They are looking like a unit now rather than 5 individuals trying to find their way.
Second, is the return of Meyers and to a lesser extent Thorton. They make the entire receiving corps, including the TE, a much better unit.
Mac did not have the benefit of either the first 3 games. I'm not saying that Mac should be the starter when he's ready or Zap should keep the job. I'm going to trust BB to make that choice. He made the right one 20 years ago.

To me there are 2 reasons that the offense has been much better the last couple of games. First is the play of the OL. They are looking like a unit now rather than 5 individuals trying to find their way.
Second, is the return of Meyers and to a lesser extent Thorton. They make the entire receiving corps, including the TE, a much better unit.
Mac did not have the benefit of either the first 3 games. I'm not saying that Mac should be the starter when he's ready or Zap should keep the job. I'm going to trust BB to make that choice. He made the right one 20 years ago.
For the reasons you stated above MAC should have the job back handed him when he's healthy. Love what Bailey has done so far but he has done it with an advantaged hand via a more complete offensive package and lessor opponents.

So we are 2 years removed from Brady blasting (and tampering and whining) his way out of town and we already have what appears to be 2 #1 QB's. Maybe.

Too f'n hilarious.

And they both show up to practice!
And neither one said not to put Jakobi Meyers on the field because he wouldn't throw to him. That Meyers interview in another thread where he said Cam Newton saved his career was both inspirational and sad at the same time. He talked about being a healthy scratch his rookie year week after week and not being a part of anything, but when Cam arrived he told Meyers he was doing fine. Cam wasn't the best QB we had, but he did a good job with the receivers.

Zappe in rare company
  • only QB in nfl history to win his first 2 starts and have a 100+ QB rating in both
  • in all of Patriots history only 2 QBs have thrown 34 times in a win, completing over 70% of attempts, with 2+ TDs and no picks: TB12 did it 15 times, and Zappe now in his 2nd ever start

Is this Bledsoe-TB12 all over again….

Back