Patriots vs Browns :Sunday at 1:00pm Game Thread

I'll add on,,
You don't see those floating lofting throws to the sidelines where the WR makes a circus catch.

And the TD throw to Thornton, I don't remember seeing Mac throw that dart into the end zone. Zap did it twice on Sunday.
He actually did it in preseason, same thing, Thornton embarrassed 2 guys off the line, I think referred to it as 'stealing'. It's a 'good' throw by the QB, to the WR who torches two guys off the line and loses them a yard past the LOS to be wide open.

It's a very short list of WRs who can both make that move, make that catch, and be long enough to make that an easy throw for the QB.

The body of evidence is too small to make the above observations with enough confidence to sack Mac. I am not saying you will ultimately be wrong, it might be that Zappe is better. You are just premature.

That's why you keep starting him, isn't it?

F*ck the f*cking f*cks at CBS and Verizon. I got home from church, put on my Wilfork jersey, turned on the TV only to find out about the contract problem.

Choke. Bag O' d*cks. AIDS fire.
So, just because they are having a contract disagreement you can't watch football? That is frigging un-American. They should be brought up on treason charges and executed.
Who cares if people can't watch the Housewives of Whatever. But there is no room in this country for any companies to take away football.
My sincere condolences.

That's why you keep starting him, isn't it?

If Mac isn't physically ready, yes. If that is enough weeks from now that we get enough on Zappe I am all in. I don't think that will be the case and Mac will be back in. He is QB1 until then. IF then.

It is astounding to me the number of people that think there is (or want there to be) a QB controversy.

Zappe has done very well with what he has been asked to do, which is far less than they were asking Mac to do.

The offenses have not been the same, nor has been the quality of the defenses they have faced.

I am getting giddy about this kid. I can't remember having anyone like him. I hope his body can hold up.

Well there was this one all world deep threat we had, but Thornton has a long way to go to be in that discussion....

randy moss picture GIF

So, just because they are having a contract disagreement you can't watch football? That is frigging un-American. They should be brought up on treason charges and executed.
Who cares if people can't watch the Housewives of Whatever. But there is no room in this country for any companies to take away football.
My sincere condolences.
And also no 4:00 game.

Bill Murray Film GIF

It is astounding to me the number of people that think there is (or want there to be) a QB controversy.

Zappe has done very well with what he has been asked to do, which is far less than they were asking Mac to do.

The offenses have not been the same, nor has been the quality of the defenses they have faced.
Little bit unfair UT on Zappe. He's had two away games in hostile stadiums (not a full game clearly in Lambeau), and he's done very well with the defenses. The Lions were awful in defense and lost 4 DBs during the game? But the Browns were going to be a big test, and he passed it with flying colours and went up against a better D with a beast like Garrett.

On offense, it's a weird scenario in many ways. We're saying the offense has been simplified and yet it's enjoying success, why? That's a damning indictment on the coaching if true?

I think there's a hell of a lot to debate on this topic, I don't think anything is a simple explanation. Zappe IMHO has now inserted himself into a conversation to the point where it could be 60-40 in favour of Mac. I don't believe for a second there is not a conversation to be had if Mac is back healthy.

Well there was this one all world deep threat we had, but Thornton has a long way to go to be in that discussion....

randy moss picture GIF

Moss was straight speed and hands. The best.

TT is also speed but more sudden and will break ankles. Different.

But yes, Moss is the closest.

I normally like Evan's stuff, but by the time Tyquan put his arm up, the ball was already out.
Woof. Watching Cannon trying to get to Garrett on that play was painful. They really need to address RT.

For the reasons you stated above MAC should have the job back handed him when he's healthy. Love what Bailey has done so far but he has done it with an advantaged hand via a more complete offensive package and lessor opponents.
Can't agree. I saw in Zappe something from the go. Much like what I saw out of Brady in '01 and it just looks different. Less hesitation, more eyes up looking downfield to make a play. Mac has a tendency to look down and that gets him in trouble. I roll with Zappe until Mac is 100 percent, and if he doesn't fall flat on his face, the job is his imo. I loved the Mac pick, but he hasn't taken the leap I thought he would. That is concerning.

Were you team Bledsoe or team Brady in 01? I don't want there to be a controversy but I do think that there is about to be a huge decision to be made by Bill.

Can't agree. I saw in Zappe something from the go. Much like what I saw out of Brady in '01 and it just looks different. Less hesitation, more eyes up looking downfield to make a play. Mac has a tendency to look down and that gets him in trouble. I roll with Zappe until Mac is 100 percent, and if he doesn't fall flat on his face, the job is his imo. I loved the Mac pick, but he hasn't taken the leap I thought he would. That is concerning.

Back