• Missed FG
  • Punt
  • Punt
  • Punt
  • Punt
  • FG (!!)
  • INT

It's worse now
This looks like something from the Bizarro Patriots. Oh Gawd! Please make it stop. :sad95:

It's possible that I miscounted, as I just did a quick check. But, having said that, my counting of games showed me this:

Tom Brady was shut out twice during his tenure as Patriots starter. The Patriots have already been shut out twice this year.

Welp, that was about what I'd expect to see from a couple of middling high school teams playing on a windy, rainy day.

For the NFL, that was... fucking pathetic.

And giving up 20, 10, 10 and 6 points during a four game losing streak is unprecedented. The only way to get lower is to shut out someone and then lose on a botched snap that results in a safety on the last play of the game.

Welp, that was about what I'd expect to see from a couple of middling high school teams playing on a windy, rainy day.

For the NFL, that was... fucking pathetic.

And giving up 20, 10, 10 and 6 points during a four game losing streak is unprecedented. The only way to get lower is to shut out someone and then lose on a botched snap that results in a safety on the last play of the game.
We could definitely lose to Trubiski led Steelers 2-0 Thursday

Arizona's kicking the Steelers right in the teeth. That's good news for the Patriots. Facing an angry, embarrassed team with a pass rushing defense is just what Zappe & Company need after today's game.

It is. I'm trying to follow Carolina who is keeping it close versus Tampa. We could end the day as the number one seed.

And IF we get that nugget we won't give it up.

Today, for one of the first times I can remember I was damn glad I wasn't sitting in that Foxboro rain. Those fans
took a beating today. The signature moment was that pass to Tyquan where he apparently wasn't able to extend
his arms while sprinting full out. And in a league where receivers give their bodies up and launch themselves after
anything catchable, this guy acted like if he caught the ball a sniper was going to take him out. It was sickening.

The faces on the people in those stands told the story. If he makes the catch and scores then we win the game and
those people go home happy despite all of it. But........nope.

inch.jpg

The world NEEDS more of you and me!

I respect the FUCK out of you!

I’m serious
Thanks man! I respect you too. I was just thinking that over all these years, I think you and I have agreed on pretty much everything about 99 percent of the time.

It is. I'm trying to follow Carolina who is keeping it close versus Tampa. We could end the day as the number one seed.

And IF we get that nugget we won't give it up.

Today, for one of the first times I can remember I was damn glad I wasn't sitting in that Foxboro rain. Those fans
took a beating today. The signature moment was that pass to Tyquan where he apparently wasn't able to extend
his arms while sprinting full out. And in a league where receivers give their bodies up and launch themselves after
anything catchable, this guy acted like if he caught the ball a sniper was going to take him out. It was sickening.

The faces on the people in those stands told the story. If he makes the catch and scores then we win the game and
those people go home happy despite all of it. But........nope.

View attachment 21684

I was supposed to be there today, but a family medical issue led me to stay home. And in spite of the issue, I found myself fortunate for not being there. I will be at KC because I can spend quality time with my son-in-law and the finale against the Jets will give me the chance to spend time with my oldest friend. That’s what this season has become, opportunities for connection time.

The Patriots are breaking all kinds of records this year! :jester:

I don't know if you heard this one, but it was an eye-opener.

Of NFL games during the '23 season where a team's D gives up 10 points or less:

The Pats have done it 4 times and are 1-3 this those games. There have been
50 other such games and those teams have zero losses.

:oops:

I don't want to go out on a limb here, but I'm not sure if we're all that good at
complementary football.

During his presser, Belichick sounded like a man who's been beaten down.
Beaten himself down. He pushed the stick all the way forward for his own reasons. He isn't as good of a pilot as he thought?

Beaten himself down. He pushed the stick all the way forward for his own reasons. He isn't as good of a pilot as he thought?

BB the GM is a few games away from having gotten BB the coach fired. BB the coach has spent his whole career learning that having the G.O.A.T. QB, not having a defensive genius at head coach, is the NFL cheat code.

I'm not going to pile on BB. And I don’t want to get into that tired argument about Bill or Tom. It's too simplistic.
The truth is that it was both and a whole hell of alot of other people over the years that gave us the dynasty.
I can't think of any other NFL dynasty that hasn't fallen into the suck. The important thing is how quickly we can get out of the suck.

I'm not going to pile on BB. And I don’t want to get into that tired argument about Bill or Tom. It's too simplistic.
The truth is that it was both and a whole hell of alot of other people over the years that gave us the dynasty.
I can't think of any other NFL dynasty that hasn't fallen into the suck. The important thing is how quickly we can get out of the suck.

Ehh... One can acknowledge that, especially in the free agency era, it's almost always been about having one of 2 things, the Elite QB or the Uber elite defense, that gets you consistent SB contention and most of the SB wins. That doesn't mean that coaching doesn't matter. It just means that Coaching doesn't get you SBs in the same way that All-time level QBs and defense do.

To pull it out of football for an example, one can respect the hell out of great coaches while still understanding that having a truly great individual player (i.e. Orr, Gretzky, etc...) is more likely to translate to wins. One can even take that a step further by noting that having a great/hot goaltender in the playoffs may, at least for any individual season, be even more important than either of the other things mentioned.

And, yes, I'm staring right at Ken Dryden in my mind while posting this, while thanking Tim Thomas for helping to ease that pain a bit.

Ehh... One can acknowledge that, especially in the free agency era, it's almost always been about having one of 2 things, the Elite QB or the Uber elite defense, that gets you consistent SB contention and most of the SB wins. That doesn't mean that coaching doesn't matter. It just means that Coaching doesn't get you SBs in the same way that All-time level QBs and defense do.

To pull it out of football for an example, one can respect the hell out of great coaches while still understanding that having a truly great individual player (i.e. Orr, Gretzky, etc...) is more likely to translate to wins. One can even take that a step further by noting that having a great/hot goaltender in the playoffs may, at least for any individual season, be even more important than either of the other things mentioned.

And, yes, I'm staring right at Ken Dryden in my mind while posting this, while thanking Tim Thomas for helping to ease that pain a bit.
IMO, it's always the transcendent player when you are talking about dynastic runs - Jordan, Jeter, Gretzky, Duncan, Kareem. For some reason, maybe because Brady was a 6th round pick, the winning in NE became about the system and coaching. I am glad that over the past 4 seasons everyone can plainly see just what the GOAT QB brings to the table in terms of winning and culture.

IMO, it's always the transcendent player when you are talking about dynastic runs - Jordan, Jeter, Gretzky, Duncan, Kareem. For some reason, maybe because Brady was a 6th round pick, the winning in NE became about the system and coaching. I am glad that over the past 4 seasons everyone can plainly see just what the GOAT QB brings to the table in terms of winning and culture.

I'd say that Detroit was an exception that disproves that rule in the NBA, though I'd acknowledge that it was only a borderline kind of dynasty sandwiched between 3 superior dynastic squads. The Redskins disproved it in the NFL, and I think I'd argue that Bradshaw and Elway were great, but not at the level I think you're talking about. Hockey's tougher because there are even fewer true dynasties in modern times.

And I think Boston sports fans have a hard time with certain arguments about all-time level players, coaches and teams because we've been blessed with having the G.O.A.T.s in all 4 of the major domestic sports:

Brady
Ruth
Orr
Russell

I'd say that Detroit was an exception that disproves that rule in the NBA, though I'd acknowledge that it was only a borderline kind of dynasty sandwiched between 3 superior dynastic squads. The Redskins disproved it in the NFL, and I think I'd argue that Bradshaw and Elway were great, but not at the level I think you're talking about. Hockey's tougher because there are even fewer true dynasties in modern times.

And I think Boston sports fans have a hard time with certain arguments about all-time level players, coaches and teams because we've been blessed with having the G.O.A.T.s in all 4 of the major domestic sports:

Brady
Ruth
Orr
Russell
Yeah. I was talking about historic runs - Bulls, Lakers, Spurs, Edmonton, Patriots. Those type of runs almost always have the transcendent player leading the charge.

You are right about Boston. We do have all 4 GOATs.

I have been meaning to ask you. Where do you put Lebron in the all time discussion? I think he is one of the hardest all time great players to categorize/rank ...

...I have been meaning to ask you. Where do you put Lebron in the all time discussion? I think he is one of the hardest all time great players to categorize/rank ...

Top 3 are easy, IMO. After that, my top 10 can be fluid, and 10 is where I'd put LeBron right now. In no particular order outside 1-3 and 10:

Russell
Chamberlain
Jabbar
Jordan
Bird
Magic
Shaq
Robertson
Kobe
James

Back