Pats-Jets Game Thread

DarrylStingley

Boston Sports
Reaction score
I'll admit it. This was one of the roughest sports fan weeks I've had in a long time.

First, there was the shocking loss to the Colts and the Decision. I started off hating it in all respects and have graduated to hating everything BUT the actual decision to go for it. Everything around the Decision sucked donuts. Big, hairy ones.

And the Celts have sort of sucked this week and my man Sheed has been a big part of it. (They really miss Baby.)

And the Sox haven't done squat to improve themselves.

And the Fins won on Thursday night.

The Bs have shown some signs of life, tis true, but the Bs are 4th on my list of Boston sports teams and really, they are a distint 4th.

So FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY, we have come to game day.

And what a perfect freaking opponent. I mean, if there was ANY chance at all that the Pats would have wallowed in their own pity -- and I submit there was very little given the HC and leadership on this squad, and their record in games after losses -- facing the damn Jets are the perfect guaranty that such wallowing will not happen.

The Jets caused the Pats to wake the hell up and move on. Sure, they would have anyway, but with Rex Ryan and Douche Revis doing their usual attention getting and yapping, and just the Jets being there after the week 2 loss, there's NO CHANCE that the Pats will not be ready for a brawl.

Putting aside all that stuff, we have the simple matter that we get to watch the Pats -- the most entertaining and enjoyable team to watch in sports, in my humble opinion -- to feast our eyes on today.

The early games kind of suck, and I'm grateful that the Celts are playing at 1 PM so I can switch back and forth from the Giants game.

In any event, folks, get psyched for another Patriots beat down. I see it, and I see Moss torching young Revis today. You KNOW that he and Brady are planning on just that. Though I don't expect to see that until the Pats have a lead, as the personal stuff can wait.

Enjoy the day, Pats (and other non-Jets) fans.

Yeah, I have your shitty sports list plus the Red Wings suck ass and M lost to Oohi yesterday.

Today will feel real good. Annihialating the Rats will cure all.

Edelman had a decent game the first time around against the Jests. Great for a rookie.

But having Welker back will cure all against this vile opponent.

Triplette's got the game today. IMO, his crew is traditionally a "home field" crew, so that's a good sign.

I just want to say I hate the Jets with ever ounce of my soul and I want our Beloved PATS TO BEAT THEM SO BAD THAT ALL JET FANS PARRISH FROM CHOKING ON THEIR HOT DOGS!

Inactives:
Aiken, Green, Morris, Light, Neal, Ninkovich, Springs & Taylor

Jets inactives: Leonard, Woody good to go

Posted by Albert Breer November 22, 2009 02:50 PM

Last night, Jets RT Damien Woody, a guy known well around here, fell ill and was added to the team's injury report.

Looks like he'll start today. That's not a surprise. But this is -- S Jim Leonard, who was expected to be out, will play. Here's the rest of the inactives for New York ...

3QB Kevin O'Connel
QB Erik Ainge
KR Justin Miller
LB Vernon Gholston
LB Ryan Folwer
LB Kenwin Cummings
G Matt Slauson
DE Ropati Pitoitua

Last night, Jets RT Damien Woody, a guy known well around here, fell ill and was added to the team's injury report.

Looks like he'll start today. That's not a surprise. But this is -- S Jim Leonard, who was expected to be out, will play. Here's the rest of the inactives for New York ...

3QB Kevin O'Connel
QB Erik Ainge
KR Justin Miller
LB Vernon Gholston
LB Ryan Folwer
LB Kenwin Cummings
G Matt Slauson
DE Ropati Pitoitua
Oh Noes! Someone who can actually play is gonna take his place!

3QB Kevin O'Connel
QB Erik Ainge
KR Justin Miller
LB Vernon Gholston
LB Ryan Folwer
LB Kenwin Cummings
G Matt Slauson
DE Ropati Pitoitua

Gonna be a captain for the second time in his NFL career, huh?

I'm not sure why, but I'm expecting a close game. I'd love to see the Pats get a bunch of early points, and break the Jet's spirit in Foxboro. I pretty damned sure the Jets don't have as much heart as the Colts showed last week.

But with it being a division battle, I expect the requisite 'rock fight'.

It's the Thomas Jones rockem sockem Jets offense, and the Pats finese air-show. Let's see who wins out.

I just watched about half of The Aviator. Good movie. I think I'll go with The Aviator, Tom Brady the magnificant, today.

Brady is back to form. Nothing against the Saints, but I think the Pats have faced their hardest foes already. Onward and upward for the Pats!

Peace

Back