Pats might not get the season opening Thursday night game

Yet another league slight.

Like to see them pour 80 on Dallas, have everywhere but NE shutting TVs off at halftime costing them millions in ad revenue ratings.

Like to see them pour 80 on Dallas, have everywhere but NE shutting TVs off at halftime costing them millions in ad revenue ratings.

The only regret is that it's not IN Dallas, and they can't take a 50-point dump on Jerrah's lawn. :coffee:

do you ever wonder sometimes if the haters are actually right when they talk about the league loving the Pats and do shit like this just to keep them motivated? :shrug_n:

Personally, I think something like this would take a level of intelligence beyond their capacities but sometimes I wonder. It's almost like watching Inspector Clouseau stumble his way in to solving a crime.

Prediction. The rightfully pissed fans will Bitch about Goodell 's transparent chicanery and the haters will rise as one and call us cheating crybabies.

Cheers

do you ever wonder sometimes if the haters are actually right when they talk about the league loving the Pats and do shit like this just to keep them motivated? :shrug_n:

Personally, I think something like this would take a level of intelligence beyond their capacities but sometimes I wonder. It's almost like watching Inspector Clouseau stumble his way in to solving a crime.

:clap:

I'd prefer the Sunday 4:25 or the early MNF game. Hate those 8:30 starts, I'm usually either asleep before halftime or I don't sleep at all.
This. Prime time games are actually a pain in the balls.
Give the Thursday opener to someone else, piss off the Pats fueling another Revenge Tour, and let them play Sunday at 1 when it's better to watch them anyway.
Win/win. 👍

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

This. Prime time games are actually a pain in the balls.
Give the Thursday opener to someone else, piss off the Pats fueling another Revenge Tour, and let them play Sunday at 1 when it's better to watch them anyway.
Win/win. 👍

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

you know what prime time games are good for? Young guys in bars. Old guys with real jobs and real bills to pay...not so much.

you know what prime time games are good for? Young guys in bars. Old guys with real jobs and real bills to pay...not so much.

Which is why I no longer attend Thurs. and Mon. night games. Besides needing to leave work early so I can tailgate, I have a tough time finding someone who wants to go with me for those reasons.

I still go to SNF as I posted earlier, at least I have the day to prep and rest.

But I always stay up for the road games, much less effort and I can handle being a bit tired the next morning.

They could hold the banner raising during a rainy practice in August, broadcast it on local stations, and we NE fans would still show up in huge numbers to cheer the team on.

I'm way beyond caring what other fan bases or the NFL FO thinks about Our NE Patriots.

Prediction. The rightfully pissed fans will Bitch about Goodell 's transparent chicanery and the haters will rise as one and call us cheating crybabies.

Cheers

To begin the 2016-17 season, Goodell suspended TB for four games. Result? TB won Super Bowl MVP honors at the end of that season.

To begin the 2018-19 season, Goodell suspended Edelman for four games. Result? Edelman won Super Bowl MVP honors at the end of that season.

Assuming Gronk chooses to not retire ... :tmack:

To begin the 2016-17 season, Goodell suspended TB for four games. Result? TB won Super Bowl MVP honors at the end of that season.

To begin the 2018-19 season, Goodell suspended Edelman for four games. Result? Edelman won Super Bowl MVP honors at the end of that season.

Assuming Gronk chooses to not retire ... :tmack:

I like where you’re headed with this.

I seem to be in the minority but I love primetime games.

Logistically, primetime games (830 or 430) work the best for me. I travel 3 hours to every home game and always spend the night. My boss is a huge Pats fan so he encourages me to take the time off.

I will definitely be irritated if the Pats don’t open up on Thursday, but I’ll be downright PISSED if they don’t get the initial SNF slot and play in Foxboro.

I will definitely be irritated if the Pats don’t open up on Thursday, but I’ll be downright PISSED if they don’t get the initial SNF slot and play in Foxboro.

Ideal for me would be the 4:25. That's my favorite out of all the time slots. Generally have all the activities of the day behind me, can sit back, crack open a couple Sammies and watch up until dinner time.

Back