Pats-Texans Offical Game Day Thread

Totally classless. During the two minute warning. The chuckle heads announcing the game gave the team props for doing it.

Stop it. Both teams get paid to play. This isn't ****ing tiddlywinks.

And you want to make sure they don't pull crap like that? Show up for the game, and don't get down 38-0. :coffee:

And you want to make sure they don't pull crap like that? Show up for the game, and don't get down 38-0. :coffee:

I agree. What's wrong with having fun while you're playing well?
Maybe it would have helped the Pats to blow off a little steam at 16-0

The Patriots celebrate plenty. It might not look as contrived, but when they score, they've all got their thing. You might think a spike (Gronk) or a throw-the-ball-at-the crowd (Edelman), or freak-out-screaming-lets-go-spike (Brady) is somehow less douchey than Superman or Discount Doublecheck.

Not really sure why though, it's the same thing with different execution.

If Cam simply handed the ball to a kid as a celebration (I know that's what he does at the end) that is contrived, that is a celebration, that is NOT a LOOK AT ME I AM WONDERFUL. I don't think everyone agrees that spiking the football is the same thing as that. I sure don't.

I'm not bitching because he celebrates, I agree they should stop him if they don't want to see it.

As for on field trash talk as someone else (Hawg?) mentioned, some of it is eyeroll worthy, but that's where it belongs is on the field. What Cam said to that DE seems like garden variety trash talk and I don't have a problem with it. I would bet every dime I have that quite a few Pats trash talk on the field hellaciously also.

If Cam simply handed the ball to a kid as a celebration (I know that's what he does at the end) that is contrived, that is a celebration, that is NOT a LOOK AT ME I AM WONDERFUL. I don't think everyone agrees that spiking the football is the same thing as that. I sure don't.

I'm not bitching because he celebrates, I agree they should stop him if they don't want to see it.

As for on field trash talk as someone else (Hawg?) mentioned, some of it is eyeroll worthy, but that's where it belongs is on the field. What Cam said to that DE seems like garden variety trash talk and I don't have a problem with it. I would bet every dime I have that quite a few Pats trash talk on the field hellaciously also.

How is it different?

How is it different when Edelman does his freak out thing and guns the ball into the crowd?

How is it different when Gronk takes 15 seconds of preparation (or does the Queen's Guard Walk) before spiking the ball?

"Look at me, Look at me" It's the same thing.

I get what you mean TD. Yes in a way all end zone celebrations are "look at me"...they just don't strike me the same.

How is it different?

How is it different when Edelman does his freak out thing and guns the ball into the crowd?

How is it different when Gronk takes 15 seconds of preparation (or does the Queen's Guard Walk) before spiking the ball?

"Look at me, Look at me" It's the same thing.

Look....the whole thing is an interesting debate because everybody has their own view of where to draw the line. I think everyone agrees that there should be a line somewhere or you'd have whole teams doing choreographed flash mob routines every time somebody scored. Except for the kickers. Nobody wants to do that much exercise for an extra point.

Of course that stuff is illegal and the league has to keep dropping flags just to keep the status quo. I don't let the letter of the law dictate what I think is right and wrong and I don't want to have to put a microscope on Newton's behavior over the last few years to figure out how it is better or worse than what Gronk does.

To paraphrase Justice Stewart, I can't define exactly what behavior constitutes being a dickhead on a football field, but I know it when I see it.

While I've already stated I'm not a big Cam Newton fan for a variety of reasons it wasn't until I saw the "no-class picture" that I started actively wanting somebody to punch him in the mouth for me.

One team loses every game. Ultimately one team can't stop the other one well enough to win the game and I'd hate to see this kind of stuff spread because nobody should get carte blanche to act up just because the other guys got beat on that particular day.

Did you say something?

02.kevin-garnett.jpg

Remember when a team trash talked against us in the 06 season? Yeah it was the Chargers. Remember how they missed the field goal and was a cocky ass team the whole year. Yeah I remember we celebrated by doing "lights out" on the field. Remember how we were called classless and were considered villains from our head coach down to the practice squad. I know the media gives cam shit sometimes. But let that be the patriots and we will see a round the clock footage of how classless we are and how we are the scum of the NFL and such.

Remember when a team trash talked against us in the 06 season? Yeah it was the Chargers. Remember how they missed the field goal and was a cocky ass team the whole year. Yeah I remember we celebrated by doing "lights out" on the field. Remember how we were called classless and were considered villains from our head coach down to the practice squad. I know the media gives cam shit sometimes. But let that be the patriots and we will see a round the clock footage of how classless we are and how we are the scum of the NFL and such.

To be fair, it was only LaDanian Tomlinson who publicly called out the Patriots for being 'classless'. He should know, if you remember, because "We all know him, he's a classy guy".

Cry, Tomlinson, you little win-nothing pussy.

To be fair, it was only LaDanian Tomlinson who publicly called out the Patriots for being 'classless'. He should know, if you remember, because "We all know him, he's a classy guy".

Cry, Tomlinson, you little win-nothing pussy.

Thought the whole team had his back on that statement. I remember that game because of the "lights out" dance and thought that was the only time I seen the patriots do some showboat stuff. Even though it was funny at the time

My opinion. I get it. You don't agree.

Finish the game. Then celebrate.

Why did Tom flip out for?

If I remember right, Brady got upset when Charger coach said the pats lost too many players so it was going to catch up with them at some point. While he overreacted a bit, considering Charger coach did not mean much by it, I think he was trying to say that they do not like excuses and guys that are backups are busting their ass and it seemed like it was taking a shot at them. I mean he was not taking a shot at them, but I guess Brady thought he was.

If I remember right, Brady got upset when Charger coach said the pats lost too many players so it was going to catch up with them at some point. While he overreacted a bit, considering Charger coach did not mean much by it, I think he was trying to say that they do not like excuses and guys that are backups are busting their ass and it seemed like it was taking a shot at them. I mean he was not taking a shot at them, but I guess Brady thought he was.

No excuses. We were up the following week 21-3......... Damn memories

My opinion. I get it. You don't agree.

Finish the game. Then celebrate.

Why finish the game before celebrating? I remember some specific scenes from A Football Life that BB was actually urging his players to release more emotion on the field when he said "You should be excited when you make a great play!"

Were the Patriots wrong to celebrate Butler's int in the SB? Of course not and they did celebrate! It was a game changing play that stole victory from defeat.

I think too much is being made of this celebrating thing. It's always been part of the game. Sure, some of it is over the top, like making a great sack when your team is down 21 points but overall I see nothing wrong with it and it just may serve to inspire team mates to play better. Brady getting fired up after a great TD play is a fine example. Cam Newton celebrating is no different than Brady celebrating yet for some reason many want to bash Cam Newton for being arrogant when he does it. I smh because I see the hypocrisy and find no fault with either player.

Why finish the game before celebrating? I remember some specific scenes from A Football Life that BB was actually urging his players to release more emotion on the field when he said "You should be excited when you make a great play!"

Were the Patriots wrong to celebrate Butler's int in the SB? Of course not and they did celebrate! It was a game changing play that stole victory from defeat.

I think too much is being made of this celebrating thing. It's always been part of the game. Sure, some of it is over the top, like making a great sack when your team is down 21 points but overall I see nothing wrong with it and it just may serve to inspire team mates to play better. Brady getting fired up after a great TD play is a fine example. Cam Newton celebrating is no different than Brady celebrating yet for some reason many want to bash Cam Newton for being arrogant when he does it. I smh because I see the hypocrisy and find no fault with either player.

I get celebrating a play (int or sack or td.) I'm ok with that.

It's the picture on the sideline that I didn't care for. To me, it's really disrespectful. It's like ARod autographing balls in the middle of an inning.

There's a game going on. Finish the game and then take all the pictures and sign all the balls you want.

Again, my opinion.

I get celebrating a play (int or sack or td.) I'm ok with that.

It's the picture on the sideline that I didn't care for. To me, it's really disrespectful. It's like ARod autographing balls in the middle of an inning.

There's a game going on. Finish the game and then take all the pictures and sign all the balls you want.

Again, my opinion.

I can see that and have no problem with your pov.

At the same time, I hope to see the Patriots up 38 points in the 4th on the Panthers in SB50 posing for a partial team photo on the sidelines. I'd be ecstatic.

I can see that and have no problem with your pov.

At the same time, I hope to see the Patriots up 38 points in the 4th on the Panthers in SB50 posing for a partial team photo on the sidelines. I'd be ecstatic.

LOL ya, gotta admit that'd be pretty badass.

Tom breaking out a SUPERMAN celebration after running in a TD would also be epic :coffee:

Back