Pats vs Bills Preview Not Game Thread

so we have to root for bitchass mc dermott tonight? ugh.

No, make them play a full schedule with their starting offense and defense, make them earn their seeding for the playoffs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why?

Bills lose. Chiefs win. Bills don’t care next week, right.
If the Bills lose tonight, and the Chefs win Saturday, they're out of the first seed, but then it would depend on when the Ravens/Bengals game on Sunday would be. (Bengals could get the 2 seed if they win the next 2). I feel like they're going to play it out no matter what.

If Pats weren't so decimated in the secondary again I would be looking forward to playing spoilers against the Bills, but without CB depth it's going to be pretty tough.

I still sort of have an issue with rooting for the Bills to play back ups, although if that happened I would definitely not be opposed to it.

I’m confused and operating at reduced capacity. 🤪

Help me understand.

Who even knows, now?

Likely the Bills will have 110% motivation next week. If they have a makeup with the Bengals, I assume it would come afterward, and they will probably be focused to "win one for the Gipper".

Likely the Bills will have 110% motivation next week. If they have a makeup with the Bengals, I assume it would come afterward, and they will probably be focused to "win one for the Gipper".
How would it come afterward though? The playoffs start the next week.

If the Bills lose tonight, and the Chefs win Saturday, they're out of the first seed, but then it would depend on when the Ravens/Bengals game on Sunday would be. (Bengals could get the 2 seed if they win the next 2). I feel like they're going to play it out no matter what.

I agree. At that point the Bills are playing for 2nd seed against the Bengals. The 3rd seed more than likely gets to play the Ravens in their first game. There will be easier opponents - Pats, Dolphins, Jags, Steelers - esp if Lamar is healthy.

Good news from Cincy Hosp. today could get the game rescheduled for Wednesday or Thursday. Would they reschedule Pats-Bills & Bengals-Ravens, both being Sunday games, to Monday night or later?

Good news from Cincy Hosp. today could get the game rescheduled for Wednesday or Thursday. Would they reschedule Pats-Bills & Bengals-Ravens, both being Sunday games, to Monday night or later?
If they do reschedule Wednesday/Thursday, they would have to move the Pats-Bills game a little later woudln't they? Then again, it's the NFL.... I just hope there's good new coming out of Cincy this morning - at this point, that's really all that matters IMHO.

I was kind of talking out of my ass, but I don't see how they decide playoff homefield without it. I was thinking one option would be to push the playoff schedule back by a week. I think that kind of happened in 2001 after 9/11 when there was just one week before the Super Bowl instead of two.

Now that the NFL announced that there will be no Cincy game played this week, we are next up for the Bills. Let's hope that Hamlin will start to recover. I don't think either team wants to take the field with this cloud hanging over it.

Now that the NFL announced that there will be no Cincy game played this week, we are next up for the Bills. Let's hope that Hamlin will start to recover. I don't think either team wants to take the field with this cloud hanging over it.

Don't worry. Right now, Roger has a team of private dicks investigating everybody on Hamlin's medical team to find exploitable dirty laundry.

While the entire national dialogue on this issue has been uniformly caring and concerned for the young man's health, The Commish hasn't slept a wink worrying about how he's
going to solve this mess without losing revenue. He'll find a way to force the Doctors to bring him around (or else) soon and hope like hell he didn't suffer brain damage so
everybody can get back to work to keep the gravy train chugging down the tracks.

Even IF Hamlin did, Goodell isn't going to pump the brakes for long. He's just one guy compared with thousands of stakeholders and stockholders and that's who he serves. He'll
bet that the players will get over it and resume launching into each other with abandon before he's gotta dick around with the schedules and get more stink-eye from
Jerrah Jones. You know.....look weak. He doesn't even want to think about a player revolt during the age of corporate leaders Having to Appear to be Concerned about People.

(Note: if it wasn't obvious, this is how I believe the biggest scumbag in sports thinks and not my own feelings on the situation.).

Don't worry. Right now, Roger has a team of private dicks investigating everybody on Hamlin's medical team to find exploitable dirty laundry.

While the entire national dialogue on this issue has been uniformly caring and concerned for the young man's health, The Commish hasn't slept a wink worrying about how he's
going to solve this mess without losing revenue. He'll find a way to force the Doctors to bring him around (or else) soon and hope like hell he didn't suffer brain damage so
everybody can get back to work to keep the gravy train chugging down the tracks.

Even IF Hamlin did, Goodell isn't going to pump the brakes for long. He's just one guy compared with thousands of stakeholders and stockholders and that's who he serves. He'll
bet that the players will get over it and resume launching into each other with abandon before he's gotta dick around with the schedules and get more stink-eye from
Jerrah Jones. You know.....look weak. He doesn't even want to think about a player revolt during the age of corporate leaders Having to Appear to be Concerned about People.

(Note: if it wasn't obvious, this is how I believe the biggest scumbag in sports thinks and not my own feelings on the situation.).
I really hate that fucking asshole.

Back