Peyton Wants to Keep Playing, Exploring Options

According to Schefty no team wanted to sign him as their starter.

uSTADIUM ‏@uSTADIUM · 27m27 minutes ago

On Peyton's availability: "There wasn't a team who stepped up and said they wanted to sign Peyton as their starting QB." - Schefter.

Man not even the Jets?

According to Schefty no team wanted to sign him as their starter.

uSTADIUM ‏@uSTADIUM · 27m27 minutes ago

On Peyton's availability: "There wasn't a team who stepped up and said they wanted to sign Peyton as their starting QB." - Schefter.

Man not even the Jets?

I am surprised that the Rams did not want him. I did not figure any other team would want him and the Rams would be purely as marketing but they probably figured Foles/Keenum was still better.

Still, obviously the right decision. Now Brady can begin assaulting his regular season records. He should hit about 62/63 thousand yards passing this season (he is at 58 and change) and probably just over 460 TDs as he is at 428 right now.

No regular season wins record either for Manninhgh. He remains tied with Favre at 186. I love that. Tommy is at 172. That will fall in the next two seasons.

It also goes without saying that no QB will ever touch Brady's post-season marks for starts, wins, yardage or TDs. Manninhgh was the closest as he has played in just a handful less playoff games than Brady but no other QB is even in the ball park.

I hope that Tom's career ends better, though of course ManninHGH* won a Super Bowl for his swan song (despite himself). Still, shopping your services around and the whole world finding out no one wanted you as a starter is quite a comedown. I know Tom loves the game but I hope he has the sense to quit when his skills start to erode.

What did Pey-Pey* expect, anyway? He was awful last year.and without that Denver D, would have to slink off with only one ring.

I hope thwt Tom's career ends better, though of course ManninHGH* won a Super Bowl for his swan song (despite himself). Still, shoppong your services around and the whole world finding out no one wanted you as a starter is quite a comedown. I know Tom loves the game but I hope he has the sense to quit when his skills start to erode.

What did Pey-Pey* expect, anyway? He was awful last year.and without that Denver D, would have to slink off with only one ring.

Yep. The Chiefs wanted Montana back, the Vikings wanted Marino and Favre, the Broncos wanted Elway. NO ONE wanted Manninghg. Not even the lousy Browns. That is a sick burn.

Love this quote from Greeny.
Mike GreenbergVerified account<S>@</S>Espngreeny<SMALL class=time>53m53 minutes ago</SMALL>
For my money, Peyton Manning was the best regular season quarterback I ever saw. I'll take him over anybody from September to December.

I want to post something on facebook about him "retiring" on top and I am surprised no one has posted he was a "goat", but I will hold back because I will be labeled as a hater since I live int he land of five head lovers. Maybe Brady can have two or more great seasons and take his TD record from him.

I want to post something on facebook about him "retiring" on top and I am surprised no one has posted he was a "goat", but I will hold back because I will be labeled as a hater since I live int he land of five head lovers. Maybe Brady can have two or more great seasons and take his TD record from him.

Brady doesn't care about records. Only cares about winning.

Brady doesn't care about records. Only cares about winning.

That's the part these corn-feed fvcks will never understand.

All they see are records. Unless it's the record for one and done's in the playoffs. They can't see past the numbers.

They miss, for example, that Mannings's two championships were in spite of Peyton, not because of him. His greatest accomplishment in those games was not tripping over his own dick.

They miss, for example, that Brady was instrumental in his teams FOUR wins. The last minute drives against St. Louis and Carolina, and heck, absolutely carving up the best defense in football in the fourth quarter against Seattle. Just demolished them. Heck, he even engineered what would have been a game winning drive against the Giants, only to have the helmet catch change that bit of history.

No, dumbfvcks from the midwest can't see any of that.

That's the part these corn-feed fvcks will never understand.

All they see are records. Unless it's the record for one and done's in the playoffs. They can't see past the numbers.

They miss, for example, that Mannings's two championships were in spite of Peyton, not because of him. His greatest accomplishment in those games was not tripping over his own dick.

They miss, for example, that Brady was instrumental in his teams FOUR wins. The last minute drives against St. Louis and Carolina, and heck, absolutely carving up the best defense in football in the fourth quarter against Seattle. Just demolished them. Heck, he even engineered what would have been a game winning drive against the Giants, only to have the helmet catch change that bit of history.

No, dumbfvcks from the midwest can't see any of that.

Not talking about this year because Peyton wasn't great this year.... with that said he played well in the playoffs with no dumb turnovers or anything to get his team to the Super Bowl. But I do agree Denver fantastic defense is what was so special this year.

However in 06 I don't think there was another QB on any team who could have beaten the Patriots to get to the Super Bowl. Peyton had a shake first half against the Pats but had a lights out second half against them. If not for Peyton and the second half heroics the Colts would not have won that game and would not have went to the Super Bowl. Peyton didn't have his best game against the Bears but far from horrible as well. It was raining and the Bears had a good defense. Not exactly the easiest thing to play against for any QB.

Glad to see Peyton go out on top. Great career, first ballot HOFer and retires with every significant qb record there is. But will he go to the booth or will he take a front office job with a team? Oh well, it was nice watching him play.

Glad to see Peyton go out on top. Great career, first ballot HOFer and retires with every significant qb record there is. But will he go to the booth or will he take a front office job with a team? Oh well, it was nice watching him play.

This!!!!

Not talking about this year because Peyton wasn't great this year.... with that said he played well in the playoffs with no dumb turnovers or anything to get his team to the Super Bowl. But I do agree Denver fantastic defense is what was so special this year.

However in 06 I don't think there was another QB on any team who could have beaten the Patriots to get to the Super Bowl. Peyton had a shake first half against the Pats but had a lights out second half against them. If not for Peyton and the second half heroics the Colts would not have won that game and would not have went to the Super Bowl. Peyton didn't have his best game against the Bears but far from horrible as well. It was raining and the Bears had a good defense. Not exactly the easiest thing to play against for any QB.

Yeah, the second half of that ONE GAME was truly the stuff of legend.

At least he escapes the investigations for cheating.

:coffee:

Oh, wait....what investigations?

Yeah, the second half of that ONE GAME was truly the stuff of legend.

If not for Peyton the Colts wouldn't have even sniffed the playoffs with that horrible defense. They would have been lucky to finish the season with 8 wins without Peyton. And I still say no other QB from the AFC could have player for the Colts and beat the Pats. So yes that second half was incredible. For a QB to shake off a bad first half and being down by that many points to the Pats is pretty incredible. He didn't have his best game against the Bears who had a top 5 defense that year and the game was in the rain but he played well enough to win.

I'm not saying Manning is better then Brady or getting into that but saying they won the Super Bowl in spite of Peyton is insane. At least for 2006. This year might be a different story. With that said he had zero turnovers against the Steelers or Pats so he definitely didn't hurt the team by any means.

If not for Peyton the Colts wouldn't have even sniffed the playoffs with that horrible defense. They would have been lucky to finish the season with 8 wins without Peyton. And I still say no other QB from the AFC could have player for the Colts and beat the Pats. So yes that second half was incredible. For a QB to shake off a bad first half and being down by that many points to the Pats is pretty incredible. He didn't have his best game against the Bears who had a top 5 defense that year and the game was in the rain but he played well enough to win.

I'm not saying Manning is better then Brady or getting into that but saying they won the Super Bowl in spite of Peyton is insane. At least for 2006. This year might be a different story. With that said he had zero turnovers against the Steelers or Pats so he definitely didn't hurt the team by any means.

Spare me your regular season heroics.

In the playoffs he threw for 3 TD and 7 picks.

Wiki recaps....

Despite quarterback Peyton Manning's three interceptions, the Indianapolis Colts out-gained the Kansas City Chiefs in total yards, 435–126, and first downs, 23–8. Indianapolis's defense forced three turnovers, four sacks, and prevented Kansas City from gaining a single first down until late in the third quarter. The game was never in question despite Manning's turnovers as Indy dominated Kansas City from start to finish to earn a trip to Baltimore.

Adam Vinatieri's five field goals boosted the Colts to victory over the Ravens in the first NFL playoff game without a touchdown since the 1979 NFC title game.

In spite of Manning, not because of him.

I am surprised that the Rams did not want him. I did not figure any other team would want him and the Rams would be purely as marketing but they probably figured Foles/Keenum was still better.

Still, obviously the right decision. Now Brady can begin assaulting his regular season records. He should hit about 62/63 thousand yards passing this season (he is at 58 and change) and probably just over 460 TDs as he is at 428 right now.

No regular season wins record either for Manninhgh. He remains tied with Favre at 186. I love that. Tommy is at 172. That will fall in the next two seasons.

It also goes without saying that no QB will ever touch Brady's post-season marks for starts, wins, yardage or TDs. Manninhgh was the closest as he has played in just a handful less playoff games than Brady but no other QB is even in the ball park.

Brady & his fans don't care about stats, though.

Spare me your regular season heroics.

In the playoffs he threw for 3 TD and 7 picks.

Wiki recaps....

Despite quarterback Peyton Manning's three interceptions, the Indianapolis Colts out-gained the Kansas City Chiefs in total yards, 435–126, and first downs, 23–8. Indianapolis's defense forced three turnovers, four sacks, and prevented Kansas City from gaining a single first down until late in the third quarter. The game was never in question despite Manning's turnovers as Indy dominated Kansas City from start to finish to earn a trip to Baltimore.

Adam Vinatieri's five field goals boosted the Colts to victory over the Ravens in the first NFL playoff game without a touchdown since the 1979 NFC title game.

In spite of Manning, not because of him.

Baltimore also had the number one defense in the league. Don't think any Colts fans were expecting Peyton to put up his regular numbers against them.

Back