Playoff Picture Thread

This ^^^^^ not even my wife :shrug_n:

Is there anything in the world worse than when something bad is happening and Lori (or your sig other) tries to offer words of comfort and encouragement? :suicide:
ROFL ROFL ROFL

Is there anything in the world worse than when something bad is happening and Lori (or your sig other) tries to offer words of comfort and encouragement? :suicide:
ROFL ROFL ROFL

My wife finally stopped doing that a few years ago. I only had to tell her for 30+ years how much that annoyed me.

ROFL ROFL ROFL

My dog- who was a puppy at the time- came over and sat on my lap after I finished screaming at Manningham's catch in SB 46.

Unfortunately, over here with the time difference, the later games are going to go well past midnight so I've woken my missus up on several occassions shouting...

The SB was the worst, when Butler made the intercept, it must have been something like 2:30am here and my roar would have woken the dead....my poor wife appeared at the door, "what the f**k?????" ROFL

I cannot watch Pats games with anyone but me myself and I, let alone in public.
that is me... so alone in beaverlick I will be....

Unfortunately, over here with the time difference, the later games are going to go well past midnight so I've woken my missus up on several occassions shouting...

The SB was the worst, when Butler made the intercept, it must have been something like 2:30am here and my roar would have woken the dead....my poor wife appeared at the door, "what the f**k?????" ROFL
that is the hardest part, Not waking the whole neighborhood with my loud voice. But I now am cool, calm, and collected.

---------- Post added at 02:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 PM ----------

This ^^^^^ not even my wife :shrug_n:

My kids check the score, IF it looks favorable, they sit with me but IF they hear one F-you Goodell!!! they walk away giggling waiting to call 911 incase a vein pops.

I have scared my dogs to the point where they cower away with tail between their legs not knowing what the heck is going on.

I used to be such a fanatic watching these games, my son, in 4th grade actually thought I used to play for the Steelers. He wrote a paper about it. I guess it went up on the board at one of the open houses. Next thing I know I was getting calls from other dads. lol. I learned to tone it down a bit since then.

I used to be very ritualistic on important game days. Not anymore, although if a Pats/Steelers game comes about this year, I am dusting off all that stuff and renewing my rituals.

My father was a Giants fan going all the way back (YA Tittle, Frank Gifford, etc...), and there was one day during their run in the 1980's, they intercepted or something and were running it back. My father jumps up yelling "Go! Go!" and scares the hell out of the cat that was peacefully sleeping next to him. She was so startled, she lashed out at him. Unfortunately, because of the relative heights involved, when she lashed out, she she landed her claws squarely on his ass. SO it went from "Go! Go!" to roaring "What the HELL was that?!" And back to "GO!" :)

My father was a Giants fan going all the way back (YA Tittle, Frank Gifford, etc...), and there was one day during their run in the 1980's, they intercepted or something and were running it back. My father jumps up yelling "Go! Go!" and scares the hell out of the cat that was peacefully sleeping next to him. She was so startled, she lashed out at him. Unfortunately, because of the relative heights involved, when she lashed out, she she landed her claws squarely on his ass. SO it went from "Go! Go!" to roaring "What the HELL was that?!" And back to "GO!" :)

well, we all know that the Giants are the CONE's REAL team. Just ask anybody over the age of 80.

I cannot watch Pats games with anyone but me myself and I, let alone in public.

Living out of the area, and refusing to get DTV, or watch a stupid Stream, I really have no other choice than going to a bar to watch 2/3s of the season. The same bar for the last 7 years ago, alot of the same people, and they all feel the same way as I do......I couldn't have hoped for a better environment to watch the last SuperBowl win!

For anyone that finds themselves in Chicago and needs to watch a Boston sports event .. Nic & Dino's

SSDD

That's a term the yakker uses-

City Of New England

Kind of an homage to the Sheriff

Ahh, with my father he was originally from upstate NY. Fan of the both the Football and Baseball Giants.

Like the Redskins with you, in the 1980s, the Giants were kind of a second team for me.

Not so much any more.

Jerry Jones on first playoff game for Dak/Zeke: They've competed at highest level in big college games. Makes them equivalent to vet players

Ahh, with my father he was originally from upstate NY. Fan of the both the Football and Baseball Giants.

Like the Redskins with you, in the 1980s, the Giants were kind of a second team for me.

Not so much any more

yah don't say...

They actually were for me back at the end of the 70's when Ray Perkins took over...obviously short lived. I think they beat Dallas or something, and Joe's Smoke Shop up on Congress St. put up a sign that said "after 30 years, the Giants have awaken!". God...it was LOUSY with Giants fans.

But yeah, be willing to be that, like you, not so much anymore.

Jerry Jones on first playoff game for Dak/Zeke: They've competed at highest level in big college games. Makes them equivalent to vet players

Jerry is a tool BUT I fully expect Dak and Zeke to play great. This Cowboys team is solid top to bottom and should be able to handle GB the way they did at Lambeau earlier in the year.

Not so much any more.

My dad was a Packer fan growing up (30's and 40's). But the day the Pats were created, he became a diehard Pats fan and never looked back. He was also a big Navy guy stemming back to his service in WWII and Korea.

My 2nd team was San Fran, even before they became good. I'm not really sure why I took an interest, but I completely enjoyed their dominance in the 80's.

Back