Playoff Picture Thread

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ethlisberger-hurts-ankle-in-win-over-dolphins

Get ready for another week of Ben Roethlisberger injury drama. :toast:

The Steelers quarterback arrived to his postgame news conference Sunday with a boot on his right foot following Pittsburgh's 30-12 victory over the Miami Dolphins on Wild Card Weekend. He said that he hurt his ankle on his second-to-last play of the win.

"We don't know anything yet, but well find out soon enough," Roethlisberger said about his prognosis. "You're always worried about being hurt, but I'll be out there next week."

After the game, Roethlisberger underwent tests on his ankle, which confirmed the injury is not serious, sources informed of the injury told NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport on Monday. :eek:

While it's early to draw any conclusions, consider it a good sign that the Steelers even had him at the podium. Roethlisberger was also seen by reporters leaving the field quickly after the win, presumably to get the injury checked out. :rimshot:

It was bad luck for Roethlisberger to get hurt on a day he was barely touched by Miami's defense. The Dolphins had only two quarterback hits and a sack in the entire game, and Big Ben only attempted 18 passes, completing 13 for 197 yards and two touchdowns. That's how good this Pittsburgh offense can be; it can win a playoff laugher without Roethlisberger needing to do much.

Life surely won't be so easy next week in Kansas City, which is why the Steelers need Roethlisberger to be as healthy as possible for the game. Expect roughly 58 injury updates on his ankle before the Steelers suit up again.

Ben is my hero! wuv

:coffee:

Every Divisional Round game is a rematch, including 3 blowouts

The original games weren’t pretty.
Week 3: Patriots 27 - Texans 0

The Patriots used their 3rd string quarterback to blow out the Texans in New England on a short-week during a prime time Thursday Night Football game; now that QB Tom Brady is back on the roster and the game still at Gillette Stadium, the Texans aren’t expected to have a prayer.

Week 4: Steelers 43 - Chiefs 14

The Steelers ran out to a 36-0 lead after the first drive of the second half in Pittsburgh and the rest of the game didn’t matter. Kansas City scored a garbage time touchdown with 4 seconds left in the game. Hopefully the playoff game will be more competitive at Arrowhead Stadium.
Week 6: Cowboys 30 - Packers 16

The Cowboys exposed the Packers at Lambeau, and sent Green Bay into a tailspin where the lost five of six games. Green Bay’s leading receiver from this regular season game was Ty Montgomery (10 receptions, 98 yards) is now the team’s starting running back. WR Jordy Nelson is now seriously hurt. Can Green Bay win in Dallas?
Week 6: Seahawks 26 - Falcons 24

This was the only good regular season game of the bunch and it required a botched call in the Seahawks favor at Seattle for the Falcons to lose. If the league had an exact copy of this game, they would be happy- but the Seahawks have been terrible on defense since losing FS Earl Thomas and the game will take place in Atlanta, where the Falcons have a history of creating their own homefield advantage.
http://www.patspulpit.com/2017/1/9/...-round-game-is-a-rematch-including-3-blowouts

The money is coming in big, 100-1, on the Pats to beat the Texans. The line has moved up 1.5 pts since it opened and is now at 17. The score was 27-0 with Brissett at QB. The line will move up some more most certainly.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ben-ro...st-play-vows-to-play-vs-chiefs-222933108.html

You can see in the video above how Roethlisberger takes a moment to get up, and it’s his right ankle that Dolphins pass rusher Cameron Wake came down on. But as Roethlisberger comes off the field he’s flexing and stretching his shoulder while walking slowly toward the sideline.

:rolleyes:

Oh and the injury also gives him some cover (theoretically and in his mind) for the certified stoopid interception on the play.

Cheers

The money is coming in big, 100-1, on the Pats to beat the Texans. The line has moved up 1.5 pts since it opened and is now at 17. The score was 27-0 with Brissett at QB. The line will move up some more most certainly.

Saw early this morning, $19,000 bet on the Patriots, and $196 on the Texans :cool:

I wonder if it will hit 20? That's a hell of a jump but I can't see any money coming in on Houston.

the money is coming in big, 100-1, on the pats to beat the texans. The line has moved up 1.5 pts since it opened and is now at 17. The score was 27-0 with brissett at qb. The line will move up some more most certainly.
i will post odds on wednesday, i need to think this one out a bit more... It is the over under i am most concerned with... Will houston score?

---------- Post added at 12:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 PM ----------

Super Bowl LI Possible Matchup Odds
From Favorites to Longshots Super Bowl 51 Possible Matchups Sorted by Odds
Money Odds (Payout Per $100 Bet.)
Dallas vs. New England +$250 (5 to 2)
Atlanta vs. New England +$500 (5 to 1)
Green Bay vs. New England +$500 (5 to 1)
Seattle vs. New England +$800 (8 to 1)
Dallas vs. Kansas City +$1,200 (12 to 1)
Dallas vs. Pittsburgh +$1,200 (12 to 1)
Green Bay vs. Pittsburgh +$1,800 (18 to 1)
Atlanta vs. Kansas City +$2,000 (20 to 1)
Atlanta vs. Pittsburgh +$2,000 (20 to 1)
Green Bay vs. Kansas City +$2,000 (20 to 1)
Seattle vs. Kansas City +$3,000 (30 to 1)
Seattle vs. Pittsburgh +$3,000 (30 to 1)
Dallas vs. Houston +$10,000 (100 to 1)
Atlanta vs. Houston +$15,000 (150 to 1)
Green Bay vs. Houston +$15,000 (150 to 1)
Seattle vs. Houston +$25,000 (250 to 1)

-----------------------------------
money line today -$1800 +$1000

Latest 2016 MVP Odds
From Favorites to Longshots Players Sorted by Odds
MVP Money Odds (Payout Per $100 Bet.)
Matt Ryan -$400 (1 to 4)
Aaron Rodgers +$450 (9 to 2)
Tom Brady +$500 (5 to 1)
Ezekiel Elliot +$7,500 (75 to 1)
Dak Prescott +$7,500 (75 to 1)
LeVeon Bell +$10,000 (100 to 1)
Derek Carr +$15,000 (150 to 1)

i will post odds on wednesday, i need to think this one out a bit more... It is the over under i am most concerned with... Will houston score?

Yeah. This won't be a shutout. There will be a lot of nervous bettors in this one, because I think there will be a lot of garbage time. Usually starts in the 3rd quarter with these guys.

So far I've heard these people say that br is either completely f.o.s., or "this is his way", or are skeptical there is any injury at all:a dr. this am on nfln who added that a reaggravation of an old foot injury does not sound likely and you don't wear a boot and take it off that quickly, ryan clark, former teammate, mike golic jr, deion sanders, thomas davis.

ROFL

HEY AMERICA!!! LOOK AT ME!!!!!!!!

C1rnb62VIAAI1if.jpg

Steeler Duckboat

So far I've heard these people say that br is either completely f.o.s., or "this is his way", or are skeptical there is any injury at all:a dr. this am on nfln who added that a reaggration of an old foot injury does not sound likely and you don't wear a boot and take it off that quickly, ryan clark, former teammate, mike golic jr, deion sanders, thomas davis.

ROFL

It's his answer to Tom Landry's fedora... :coffee:

"Bootsy Ben"

Ben "I am THE warrior" Roethlisberger.

Back